Apr 26, 2012, 06:24 PM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Thanks Arlen. They're great planes! And thank you again for letting me fly your Kadet Senior, that thing is amazing. I haven't flown a lot of internal combustion -powered planes, but that one is right up there at the top of my favorites list. What a sweet flyer!

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Apr 26, 2012, 07:58 PM
Last edited by GuiotsBaby; Apr 27, 2012 at 10:39 AM.
Apr 27, 2012, 08:03 AM
Dark Side of the Red Merle
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfimp View Post
Arlen & gang, I'll be back up there later this summer, at the end of June. I really hope we get a chance to go fly Table Top together!

Best,

Steve
Steve,

I'd love to come down from Helena and meet you at Table Top. I work Father's day weekend and we have an ALES contest on the 30th. Other than that we'll just have to see how else life plays out.

I'm drooling over your blog videos! Nice.

I just finished building an my 2nd and 3rd eSupra and now plan on scratch building a Dorado that will be much lighter than what can be purchased. I'll start a build thread on that in a few months.

Look forward to meeting/flying with you.

I get to SBA periodically but so far I'm only there for a half hour or so. If I ever get there longer I'll look you up.
I have flown off the slope just East of the airport many years ago. I stuck a HLG in a tree and paid a tree climber to get it out for me. She did spend the night up in the tree though.

Curtis
Apr 27, 2012, 08:41 AM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Thanks Curtis

There are a whole lot more videos here: http://vimeo.com/surfimp

And here: http://www.slopeaerobatics.com/

Here's a recent clinic I gave on VTPR flying:
Surfimp's VTPR clinic - Ellwood, Weaselfest 2012 (8 min 54 sec)

See you soon!

Steve
Apr 30, 2012, 04:57 PM

RC Soaring in the French Alps

One of my all time favorite slope soaring videos. If you can ignore the background music, this is well worth the time to watch this sailplane fly in some "big air!"
Blessings,
Arlen

Sailplane soaring in the Ecrins' National Park (6 min 3 sec)
Apr 30, 2012, 11:18 PM
Surf's up!!

Jonesin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAHHHHHH!!!!! I just got done watching some slope videos and I am in serious need of some slope flying!!!!

I NEED TO FLY THIS PLANE!!!!! NO MORE WAITING!!!!!

I am feeling the need to scratch build a second one, MUAHAHAHA!!!!

Chip
Last edited by sixty9mustang; May 01, 2012 at 12:45 AM.
May 01, 2012, 11:39 AM
Last edited by GuiotsBaby; May 04, 2012 at 11:58 AM.
May 01, 2012, 11:51 AM
Dark Side of the Red Merle
Ahh, now will Chip go the monthly ALES or Table Top?

So what carrots do we have to dangle?

I'm working on a TT adventure. We have some folks in Billings that may come as well as from Helena and I'm sure Bozeman and perhaps Great Falls. I'll let everyone know when we hash out a good date.

Oh, I think the folks from Billings are planning on the ALES contest this Saturday then stopping off at TT on their way home. Sure sounds like a good trip of flying to me!

Curtis
May 01, 2012, 12:40 PM

Yuppers!

I have to 'amen' TIO's recommend on viewing the pix on the launch site......not so much for the actual launching pictures, but the planes pictured there. There are some incredible and nicely designed slopers. Fun to observe and look at! By the way, here's the web address for those pictures.

http://jalbum.net/en/browse/user/album/1164110/

Blessings!

Arlen
May 01, 2012, 03:30 PM
Last edited by GuiotsBaby; May 04, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
May 02, 2012, 10:42 AM

Big Air at TT

This post is for all my Slope Forum Friends, but especially for Chip!

After a long full day of teaching for my brother TIO, he calls my cell: "Winds blowing out of the W/NW!" Half an hour later we're speeding down the interstate toward TT. It was BIG AIR from the very get go. We flew what I call the 'west slope,' until the sun got close to setting. For the first time in a LONG time, we both went home with all of our planes in one piece.....no repairs needed!!!

Chip - sure wish you could have been there, but it was a last minute decision.

I've attached a few of the many pix we took. Enjoy!
Blessings!
Arlen

P.S. for TIO - Think I'll go charge my batteries for this weekend's ALES event!
Last edited by Paradise MT; May 02, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
May 02, 2012, 11:40 AM
Surf's up!!
Quote:
Chip,what you really need is a little enthusiasm!
HAHA!!!! Thanks TIO. I was feeling a little down had just watched a couple of videos of another SOS 60 flying, and just got me going is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise MT View Post
This post is for all my Slope Forum Friends, but especially for Chip!

After a long full day of teaching for my brother TIO, he calls my cell: "Winds blowing out of the W/NW!" Half an hour later we're speeding down the interstate toward TT. It was BIG AIR from the very get go. We flew what I call the 'west slope,' (actually faces more to the SW), until the sun got close to setting. For the first time in a LONG time, we both went home with all of our planes in one piece.....no repairs needed!!!

Chip - sure wish you could have been there, but it was a last minute decision.

I've attached a few of the many pix we took. Enjoy!
Blessings!
Arlen

P.S. for TIO - Think I'll go charge my batteries for this weekend's ALES event!
Oh sure, rub it in why don't ya! HAHA! I am thinking about packing a tent, the kids, and my planes and just going camping on TT, so I can get my fix......

Very Glad you guys had a GREAT day of flying! Looks like the road must be passable at this point also.

Quote:
Ahh, now will Chip go the monthly ALES or Table Top?
I AM seriously contemplating doing both. Just load the entire backseat of my truck up with planes, radios and a charger, then head to TT after the ALES contest. Since the indoor flying is off this Friday, I can preload the truck the night before.

HHMMMMMMM, a WHOLE Saturday of flying, I might just OD.!!!!

I wonder just how many planes I can get in the back seat of my truck.......?

Chip
May 02, 2012, 01:26 PM
PMT,

Was again examining directions at TT. I think the attached image shows we were flying the NW slope (as FF and I have called it, "Dave's" slope). The image is oriented top to north. You had walked down to where P2 piled in the Schweitzer (sp)--"Roge's" slope. That faces more truly west. (I hope this image comes through okay.)

By the way, plug my body's batteries in for me, will ya? Several graded exams, an early A.M., and I think I need the field charger.
Last edited by GuiotsBaby; May 04, 2012 at 12:03 PM.
May 02, 2012, 02:37 PM
Surf's up!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiotsBaby View Post
69M,

Blame PMT--he posted.
NO problem PMT is officially blamed, HAHA!

Quote:
I AM seriously contemplating doing both. Just load the entire backseat of my truck up with planes, radios and a charger, then head to TT after the ALES contest.

Ah...good lad! Fine job not letting some well-intentioned but misguided artificial flying lead you astray for too long!
Never misguided, I KNOW exactly where I am going (I think), HAHA!
Quote:
HHMMMMMMM, a WHOLE Saturday of flying, I might just OD.!!!!

I'm inclined to disagree--except perhaps for a wise king who once observed that without true purpose everything can be vain.
Oh, I have purpose, Hehe!
Quote:
I wonder just how many planes I can get in the back seat of my truck.......?

Of course you know the answer is always, "Just one more..."

So true!

Quote:
Oh, I think I'll be weighting the nose on the Ninja a bit more. (I'll talk to you later about it.)
Sounds good.
Quote:
Hope to see you there Saturday--if the weather and wind hold good.

By the way, plug my body's batteries in for me, will ya? Several graded exams, an early A.M., and I think I need the field charger.

All,
I hope to make it out if the weather holds true

Since I am charging batteries today, I will add yours to the list. How would you like those charged? Fast rate, cycled or trickle?

Talk to ya soon
Chip
May 02, 2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9mustang View Post
Since I am charging batteries today, I will add yours to the list. How would you like those charged? Fast rate, cycled or trickle?

Talk to ya soon
Chip
Fast rate for the remainder of the day, cycled for tomorrow, and trickle overnight, please. Just attach the leads to my big toes.

Quick Reply