Fidgit 3D an 18" KF plane for UH10g outrunner and 24" larger version - Page 15 - RC Groups
Jan 05, 2018, 08:04 AM
Here are the 20" Fidget maiden flights , made in our indoor venue..
Its a nice small aerobat, it rolls fast, loops tight and it was no problem .. bashed and crashed a few times, there was only some broken props down to me fitting a prop addapter rather than a prop saver..
fidgit Trimming flight nose heavy setup (2 min 39 sec)

fidgit Trimming flight 2 cog nearly right (8 min 12 sec)

fidgit flight 3 cog nearly right (3 min 57 sec)

fidgit flight 4 the last prop got broken (7 min 42 sec)
Last edited by davereap; Jan 05, 2018 at 08:10 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2018, 12:42 AM
One week later.... next session.. Going Very Well
The fidget has now been fitted with a prop saver, made from the prop addapter.. So I only broke the one prop today...lol..
My flight times are constantly at 15mins on a 500 2s..
The motor/prop is very quiet, and there is more than enough power to hover and climb out..
The Fidget is great... The COG has now been moved slightly further to the rear, but some more movement is needed to improve the hover.. Its not yet too sensitive..

motor... https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hextroni...er-1700kv.html
props..... https://www.banggood.com/10X-Gemfan-...-p-982382.html

On the prop addapter, This was held to the motor shaft with a single hex grub screw
which was removed and discarded, I hate these things, a drill was put through the hole and the opposite side both drilled and tapped..
The addapter shaft was shortened , it now goes 1/2-3/4 way through the prop..
Two suitable pan headed machine screws now hold the prop saver to the shaft and a band is used to hold the prop..
It works a treat and fits a lot of my props that Ive drilled out to the correct sized centre hole..

Two weeks later... with the battery set further back I broke the nose off trying some new wild moves.. I hot glued it straight back on ...Its flying well.. and is the model I am using the most.. my PP1 and gymball are now my backups in case of a major unfix-able accident

week 3..... again broke the nose off hitting the concrete flooring.. its a weak spot..
Trying a 6x4 prop.. theres not enough thrust for vertical pull up..

week 4.... gone back to a 7x4 (cut down from a banggood 8x4 speed)..thrust much better.. flying well
Last edited by davereap; Feb 02, 2018 at 12:04 AM.
Feb 10, 2018, 08:12 AM
its getting to be one of my favorites

fidgit 8feb another easy flight (5 min 57 sec)
Mar 04, 2018, 10:09 PM
flyin' fool
Been flying my 18" 4 ounce Fidgit outdoors in the wind lately, even at the local slope soaring site.

It's a blast in the wind and handles it very well. On the slope it's more like surfing, capable of doing aerobatics right there in front of you with low throttle. It will knife edge and do four pointers like a pro just off the cliff face for as long as you like.

I love this plane. Thanks Richard.
May 21, 2018, 01:28 AM
flyin' fool
Fidgit upgrade ................ added LG and rebalanced for Tn'G fun.

The wire is bend in one piece, then hot glued into a slot on the bottom of the wing and lashed together with button thread/CA along where it crosses, along with the CF flat support.
Last edited by goldguy; May 21, 2018 at 01:37 AM.

Quick Reply