Oct 29, 2014, 12:21 AM
Must not buy more planes!
Oh, man. Sorry to hear it, Pat.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2014, 09:31 AM
Foam abuser!
Selling off all the kits now (and the one RX-ready F-22 I have is still available.

Get them while you still can!

Kits - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2278426

RX-ready - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2278433

Pat
Apr 09, 2015, 04:53 PM
Jimmy Rc
Has anyone built this plane and have it snap roll unexpectedly I have built two and both planes did this with a 500mah 3s battery. Tryed with a 850mah 3s and seemed more stable. I built them with dtf board with paper on auw on one without battery was 6.7 oz both planes are plenty fast they are the 18.8 ws version.
Apr 09, 2015, 08:30 PM
Foam abuser!
I've built a ton of them, but never had one snap roll on me unexpectedly. Sounds like maybe your CG is too far back?

Here's where it should be:

Pat
May 25, 2015, 04:15 AM
Hi All,

First of all I want to thanks all of you for all the info shared in this post.

I'm a new user, even if I lurk this forum every day :P
I'm flying 250 class racing drones and rc airplanes

Today I want to present my F22 depron airplane :P

Here is my setup:

Body: 3mm and 6mm depron (for the fuselage)
Radio: FrSky Taranis X9D Plus
Receiver: FrSKY X8R receiver (should be replaced by the D4R-II, that is 10g lighter)
Servos: 2x Hitech HS-53 6.2g
Motor: Emax 1806 2280KV (the one for the multirotors)
ESC: Emax Simon Series 12A
Propeller: Gemfan 5030
Battery: Fullpower 3S 460mAh (weight around 45g)
2mm Carbon rod on the wings
1mm steel push rod and two micro linkage stopper and control horns (around 2cm height)
A little 5mm plastic motor mount drilled by myself
Weight: 120g more or less, without battery
All parts glued with 5' Epoxy Glue

And here is a quick video of the first flight. What do you think? :P

F22 RC 3mm Depron first flight (2 min 26 sec)
May 30, 2017, 04:04 AM
Tried 'Search'???
I guess some people may think that I am Necroing but I just think that it would be a shame if this great design sank into obscurity.

I took my Baby out the other day for the first time in what must be nigh-on 2 years, not because of any fault of the model, just because I was tied up with other stuff. We have recently had a couple of club member build the ‘full size’ F22 and although they fly ‘OK’ (the Guys love them) they don’t come up to my Baby’s performance so it gee’d me up to give her an airing.

Whoooo hooooo, I had forgotten just how good this mighty midget is and how much fun you can have with her. Incredible speed range and for me one of the best things is using aggressive elevator and throttle to do ‘brick wall’ stuff, stopping her dead in mid-air or screaming away from beyond a stall like a rocket. Thing is, she not only flies really well but looks good in the air as well and for her small size doesn’t get blown around like some small models 9which then just don’t ‘look’ right).

Having seen how the little version flies both of the Guys with the ‘full sized’ ones now want to build a small one…………

Paul
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......
Jun 08, 2017, 04:19 AM
Must not buy more planes!
I don't mind. This is indeed a great little plane.
Jun 30, 2017, 11:51 AM
Have built and flown many and still do.
Simple elegant design.
Probably the most enjoyment for little money out there!
Thanks very much for the design PaulB!
Jan 06, 2020, 06:26 PM

Building

Hi I'm building the f22 r4 , why are there alot of triangle edges? Is there a build log somewhere?
Feb 05, 2020, 06:53 AM
Tried 'Search'???
Hi Danny,

only just saw this....

What do you mean triangles??

Lots of pictures in the thread which should cover it all, pretty simple design. Go to the blue line at the top of the thread and look for Thread Tools, if you open the drop down box at the bottom you get 'Show attachments In This Thread' and if you click that you can view all of the pictures quickly and easily and then if you have specific questions just post them here.

Paul
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......
Mar 04, 2020, 05:37 PM
I've built 5 of these. Still my favorite park flyer. Easy build. Great performance. Best prop in slot I've ever had.
Mar 13, 2020, 06:03 PM
Retired CAD guy
Cruxmpat, Pat, sorry to hear you go !
We met out at Apache junction once many years ago.
Possibly behind the drug store in Gilbert too.
Gosh ...
Is there anyone else left from those heady days of the 2005 days ?

Seems like NOBODY is interested in having a model Cut for them anymore. CNC or otherwise.

Another Chapter of RC modeling opens and closes.

Best of luck in your retirement,

Bob @ Hoosier Cutout Service
Mar 13, 2020, 06:10 PM
Foam abuser!
Bob,

I got out of the business simply because the hobby was no longer fun as all I did at shows was run a booth and hardly did any flying. Good thing I got out when I did because depron went bye-bye shortly thereafter.

Pat
Mar 14, 2020, 02:48 PM
Retired CAD guy
I'm still cutting Model Plane Foam as the need arises.
My old Shopbot CNC is around 25 yrs old ... wheeeeew !

I never did shows for the CNC cutting service.
I HAD DONE shows for a different business and learned that it was a real pain.
I even helped at a show for my CNC maker who's booth needed some real life story telling.

Regardless there's lots and lots of Long hour and low pay opportunities out there ;>} !

bob
Mar 14, 2020, 05:54 PM
Outlaw
yes.......you know how to make a small fortune in the rc business.......
I cut vinyl, people dont realize if I did it even by minimum wage and capital depreciation, they would still say it was overpriced....my sailmaker described it perfectly: “it’s a life style, not an occupation”

Quick Reply