Thread Tools
Dec 23, 2011, 05:55 PM
Foam abuser!
crxmanpat's Avatar
I hear ya on that. I was dedicated to my Hyperion 3S 450 packs, but once I tried it with an 850, I never went back!

Pat
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2012, 04:55 AM
Must not buy more planes!
mclarkson's Avatar
Here I am tooling around with the bigger batteries, on an especially beautiful day this week. I do kinda miss the insane way it usta just float, but it still slows down pretty nicely.

Nico Hobbies Profile F22 (2 min 32 sec)
Feb 01, 2012, 06:40 AM
Registered User
for joshuajcrouch. here are the drawings for my f22 fuse (as seen in earlier posts).

there was no way to put attachments on my personal messages
Feb 01, 2012, 10:40 AM
Watt Waster
Tsavah's Avatar

Good Flyer


Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarkson
Here I am tooling around with the bigger batteries, on an especially beautiful day this week. I do kinda miss the insane way it usta just float, but it still slows down pretty nicely.
Sure looked like a nice flyer. Thanks for sharing.
Latest blog entry: Center of Gravity - Airplanes
Feb 01, 2012, 11:33 PM
check for reversed controls
alpea 41's Avatar
Hey Tsavah have u checked out the FLY GUY thread . I'm building my 2nd one.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1505753
Last edited by alpea 41; Feb 02, 2012 at 12:30 AM.
Feb 07, 2012, 02:37 PM
Watt Waster
Tsavah's Avatar

FlyGuy Thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by alpea 41
Hey Tsavah have u checked out the FLY GUY thread . I'm building my 2nd one.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1505753
No, I had not until I clicked on the link. Thanks for sharing. I am now subscribed.
Latest blog entry: Center of Gravity - Airplanes
Feb 20, 2012, 05:20 PM
Registered User

awsome plane


i just bilt the f22 it is a sweat plane and my most favrite plane.
Mar 07, 2012, 09:56 PM
AMA 1042906
swimmer's Avatar
Just about got my F22 18.8 cut out. I've read a bunch but still confused about a motor for indoor flying. We fly in a 100'x120'x24 tall building. Will the F22 fit in this area?
Mar 08, 2012, 01:52 AM
Must not buy more planes!
mclarkson's Avatar
I have the nico hobbies depron kit. I'm running a 17 gram 2400kV motor on a 450 mAh 3S LiPo. It weighs 5oz and will slow down a long, long way. I'm pretty sure I could fly it in your area if I was careful.
Mar 08, 2012, 07:59 AM
Foam abuser!
crxmanpat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer
Just about got my F22 18.8 cut out. I've read a bunch but still confused about a motor for indoor flying. We fly in a 100'x120'x24 tall building. Will the F22 fit in this area?
That's going to be a very tight space for the F-22 at the normal 18.8 size. The smallest I've ever flown in was a High School Gym (standard size with 3 short basketball courts width-wise, one standard court lengthwise). I was uncomfortable in such close quarters.

You may need something smaller with a 10-gram micro motor.

Pat
Mar 08, 2012, 09:29 AM
AMA 1042906
swimmer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
That's going to be a very tight space for the F-22 at the normal 18.8 size. The smallest I've ever flown in was a High School Gym (standard size with 3 short basketball courts width-wise, one standard court lengthwise). I was uncomfortable in such close quarters.

You may need something smaller with a 10-gram micro motor.

Pat
And my F22 is 5mm not 3mm depron. I'm sure I'll give it a go once. Do you have a link to a smaller F22 utilizing a 10g motor? Got to order equipment for the 18.8 so I just as well get items for the smaller version at the same time.
Where are folks getting their pusher props? Does APC make pusher props other than the 6x4 such as the 5x3?


Thanks, Pat.

Allan
Last edited by swimmer; Mar 08, 2012 at 09:41 AM.
Mar 08, 2012, 09:31 AM
AMA 1042906
swimmer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarkson
I have the nico hobbies depron kit. I'm running a 17 gram 2400kV motor on a 450 mAh 3S LiPo. It weighs 5oz and will slow down a long, long way. I'm pretty sure I could fly it in your area if I was careful.
Is yours a 18 inch wing span version of the F22 and where did you get your motor?

Allan
Last edited by swimmer; Mar 08, 2012 at 09:43 AM.
Mar 08, 2012, 02:01 PM
Foam abuser!
crxmanpat's Avatar
He got that kit from me and put in his own motor that he had on hand.

As for a smaller version, I'd probably shrink this one down to maybe 12" (66%) and use all 3mm depron. Your only issue is going to be the prop opening. At 66% the opening goes down to 3.1" and you have have to cut slots in the intake sides for the prop.

Pat
Mar 08, 2012, 04:55 PM
Registered User
Go with a 14" WS and spread your side walls and Vert Stabs a tad to fit a 4" prop. With a HK 1811 2000kV motor, you can go 2S or 3S with your bat. I was amazed with the small areas I could fly in. Retired mine, but here's a vid of it.

Ksqm
Mar 08, 2012, 05:41 PM
AMA 1042906
swimmer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksqm
Go with a 14" WS and spread your side walls and Vert Stabs a tad to fit a 4" prop. With a HK 1811 2000kV motor, you can go 2S or 3S with your bat. I was amazed with the small areas I could fly in. Retired mine, but here's a vid of it.

Ksqm
Great flying! Looks like the size I'm looking for. How do I resize tiled drawings?
Last edited by swimmer; Mar 08, 2012 at 06:47 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold 3mm White Depron 18 sheets Twinkletoze Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 1 Sep 06, 2007 09:57 PM
Built up 3mm depron aerobatic/3D??? bcripe1 Foamies (Kits) 4 Sep 03, 2003 08:00 PM
3mm depron CAP MGoddard Foamies (Kits) 3 Sep 01, 2003 07:36 PM
Slice BlueCore into 3mm Depron localbuyer Foamies (Kits) 1 Jul 08, 2003 10:28 PM
For Sale Fs 3mm Depron Sheets CMT1961 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Jan 28, 2003 12:01 PM