Jan 03, 2008, 06:59 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

3mm Depron 18.8 Inch F22 With Plans

Here is my 3mm depron 18.8 F22, it is much like Tomhe's.

The motor i used is this

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=5432

I am currently flying it with a 5x3 prop, and a 2 cell 620 pack, im going to try a 3 cell soon.

My AUW is 5.5 oz

This plane flys great slow or fast.

I have added the plans in .pdf, Tiled, and Full.
Last edited by adbradley; Jan 04, 2008 at 10:07 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2008, 01:20 PM
Thread OP
Wow i flew this lil guy yesterday with a 3 cell pack, very fast, and tons of power, im very happy with this motor!
Jan 06, 2008, 04:11 PM
Thread OP
Here are some pics
Jan 07, 2008, 01:07 AM
Nice build! Any chance of a video?
Jan 07, 2008, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbradley
I am currently flying it with a 5x3 prop
I see that you had to cut through the side fuselage to fit the 5" propeller. Do you think it would fly on a 4" propeller with that motor?
Jan 07, 2008, 07:35 AM
Thread OP
The pics are of my first one, and i didnt realize i had made it to narrow for the 5" prop. In the plans that i posted on this thread, the fuse has been widened by 1 inch, so that you dont have to do all of that notching.

As far as the video goes, im going to build another one of these from the updated plans this week, and try to get video of it by the weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhe
I see that you had to cut through the side fuselage to fit the 5" propeller. Do you think it would fly on a 4" propeller with that motor?
Jan 07, 2008, 08:58 AM
Thread OP
also, a 4" prop would work, but i think you would be loosing out on some thrust.. This motor with a 5x3 prop is very impressive on 3s.. on 2s i fly it with a 5x4 prop, and it does well.
Mar 01, 2008, 06:10 PM
Thread OP
Here is a link to the long anticipated video https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...mentid=1741312
Jul 10, 2008, 12:08 PM
Thread OP
I got a message from RacerX208, and he said they had used my plans to build a few of these planes from de-papered elmer's 5mm foam board. He asked me to revise the drawing so that the tabs worked with the 5mm board, so here it is. This should fit on a standard 20"x30" sheet of elmers foam board.

This drawing now shows the approximate CG

I added a tiled drawing as well
Last edited by adbradley; Jul 10, 2008 at 01:58 PM.
Jul 10, 2008, 12:40 PM
Foam abuser!
EDIT - See Post #941 for the most updated plans!

Adam,

I can't believe I never commented on this thread (especially seeing as I did your video! ).

Do you still have this plane? Been a while since we've flown together.

I have #2 of the 100% all cut out and glued together. I got a replacement Grayson motor on the way (should be here tomorrow) so I need to get it painted up and ready to go. I miss this plane.

Pat
Last edited by crxmanpat; Jan 06, 2020 at 06:39 PM.
Jul 10, 2008, 01:23 PM
up up and away
That f22 flies nice. good job. that size would be a great build. I have that same motor lying around and would like to to put some use to it. I would like to try it would elmers foam board, can you post the plans for elmers board tiled. that would be great. thanks. where is the cog at. I love the f22, they fly real nice. I enjoy flying my 22 inch wingspan epp f22.
Jul 10, 2008, 01:58 PM
Thread OP
Tiled drawing added Ac_rite
Jul 25, 2008, 03:03 PM
Adam,

Here is "Build 2" using the 5mm foamboard. Hopefully it will take to the skies this weekend, weather permitting. I laminated the 5mm foam board with clear tape on both sides before airbrushing. The build used the first version of your plans, which called out for 3mm foam.

She is powered by a ELE C20 2900kv motor and a 3S1P 1200mah pack, both from TrueRC.com. For servos, I'm using a couple of 5gram units from Lazertoyz.com. A 4 channel Corona Rx with a Azzar antenna attached rounds it out.

I was going to go with a 5x5 APC prop, but didn't know that their props can only go on one way, so I used a GWS 5 x 4.3. Seems like it has plenty of power though!
===================
www.aatoolbox.no-ip.com
Jul 26, 2008, 03:43 PM
Check your six

I'm building one!

Boys I ran across this thread while surfing RC Groups and boy am I hooked!! I downloaded the plans (thanks so much!!) and am shortly about to start cutting out the parts. I just have a couple of questions. Do you think it's OK to build the body/wing out of 6mm and the other parts out of 3mm? I have some 6mm spars so I would like to take advantage of the 6mm foam. Or should I just use one or the other? I plan to use the same motor from hobby city (I have 2) and a 700 Mah li-poly 2 C. I finally found the CG so I'm OK there. What are the throws set to? I also assume I will need mixing ( I have a Futaba 7C computer radio). I am the VP of a club in Southern NJ and I am going to take her to the meeting this month. I would like the Guys in the club to consider your design for a one of a kind design contest. I hope you don't mind Adam. I look forward to your reply. Thanks ahead of time Guys. Marty
Last edited by martys; Aug 23, 2009 at 07:18 PM.
Jul 26, 2008, 05:34 PM
Concept Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX208
I was going to go with a 5x5 APC prop, but didn't know that their props can only go on one way, so I used a GWS 5 x 4.3. Seems like it has plenty of power though!
===================
www.aatoolbox.no-ip.com
I'm not sure what you mean. I use APC 5x5 props on pusher jets all the time.

Quick Reply