Jan 03, 2008, 12:28 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Flying field near Federal Way / Auburn WA?

Howdy guys, I'm in the Federal Way / Auburn area of Western WA.
I've been flying my GWS Tiger Moth at some local elementary schools, but now I have a bit faster plane, a wood Albatros.

I'd love to find a larger field than a school yard. Any one have a spot they like to go?

I don't really have much interest in going to an official RC field, just not my thing. I like a mostly empty field. Any suggestions, I'd sure appreciate it!

Thanks, Chris.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2008, 01:20 AM
Mike Hansow
Hi Chris,

I see what you write about RC fields but you should see this one;

http://pugetsoundsilentflyers.org/

There are lots of folks there that are very enthuastic about battery powered flight...

Mike
Jan 05, 2008, 04:14 AM
Thread OP
Very cool! Looks like a great field, great people.

I just don't have the time to commit to that. Maybe someday I will, looks like fun.

I was looking at Google Earth the other day, MAN I'd sure like to be able to use the landfill that's just off of Military Road, accross the street from Poulsbo RV. Place is HUGE! I'm sure it's probably a huge NO as well.
Jan 09, 2008, 05:22 PM
Hi Chris,
Head south on the 167, Exit at Jovita Blvd E/Stewart Rd SE. Proceed South on W. Valley Hwy E about 1 mile and on the Left between W.Valley and the 167 you'll find a field that is used for flying. I'm new to flying so I don't know when others go there and I've not flown there myself but I see people there all the time. Now just in case I'm a bone head and got the directions messed up you should Google Earth it first to make sure it's where I said it is. I know it's on West Valley and 90% sure it's just south of Jovita. if you decide to go over there and fly send me an email, perhaps I'll be able to join you.

jonathan
Jan 09, 2008, 08:26 PM
Mike Hansow
That field belongs to the Rainer Aeromodelers of Seattle

http://www.seattlerams.com/
Jan 10, 2008, 06:11 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the info! Looks like a great local field. A bit rich for my blood though. I'm sure someday I'll probably go for it.

They've got some great tips on their site - except for the part that says give all epoxy that drys quicker than 3 hours to your neighbor! Not sure what that's all about.
Jan 10, 2008, 09:59 PM
Mike Hansow
Might be because the quick setting epoxy tends to be a little brittle. There is another great flying site out at Flameing Guyser park;

http://flaminggeyserflyers.com/about.asp
Last edited by ka7cse; Jan 15, 2008 at 01:23 AM.
Jan 07, 2012, 03:11 AM
new flyer
Hey, any one here know anyone in the Seattle area that knows how to program the add on mod to the th9x with a advanced program that will allow 3 way switch assighnment?
I want to use a FY-20A but in order to use all three modes I need an asighnable three way switch. Any help here would be apreciated
Jun 05, 2017, 10:56 AM

New to the area.

Hello all.

I am coming over from Hawaii and want to find a field to fly giant scaled aircraft and nitro planes. Where do i start. i would be happy to join a club as well .

Thank you

Quick Reply