Jan 02, 2008, 05:18 PM
Thread OP

Kong Power Packs Info And General Discussion

I have started this thread to talk about the kong power pack and the Evo ones as I am quite interested in getting more info,
Last edited by nitroshark; Jan 03, 2008 at 04:03 PM. Reason: would rather focus on packs than title
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2008, 05:28 PM
Thread OP

how cool is that!!

that fancy title works
Jan 02, 2008, 05:29 PM
Looks silly IMO. Isn't there all ready a Kong power pack thread?...
Jan 02, 2008, 05:33 PM
Thread OP

show me

where it is mate the other one I saw was closed https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784942
Jan 02, 2008, 05:34 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
i closed the thread as people seemed to be discussing other packs and trolling or spamming. I didnt want that to happen, i just wanted to discuss KP packs
Jan 02, 2008, 05:37 PM
Thread OP
heligrom I appreciate that this thread hopefully wont go there, if you look in the complaints section I have asked it to be watched and perhaps privately moderated, being in NZ I guess you could say I'm totally unbiased towards the KP gear I am just interested in buying some in the next few months.... works out to a bit of an investment with the need for about 8 packs.. so i need to make the correct choice based on how other flyers have found them
Jan 02, 2008, 05:43 PM
My Kong power Lipo has worked well even when I drained it way down by accident.....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=793831

I'll buy more for sure
Jan 02, 2008, 05:45 PM
Thread OP
yeah I think I will be getting some in a month or so as I have noticed my packs I have now sagging a little when pulling loops they talk about a fuse on the board well as a sparky im all for that! as long as its rated for short circiut current, the other thing is the charging leads would be the most likley place for a fault imo as with all the movement plugging the plug in ect it can fail are they protected as well? I would thing a fusible link of 5-10 amps on the charge plug and perhaps 4--50 amp on the main leads depending on pack?
Last edited by nitroshark; Jan 02, 2008 at 05:51 PM.
Jan 02, 2008, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroshark
I have started this thread to talk about the kong power pack and the Evo ones as I am quite interested in getting more info,
Vague title at best... how bout a specific question with info about your intended use... i.e. heli setup.
Jan 02, 2008, 07:14 PM
Progress not Perfection
Are they going to have any 2s packs?
Jan 02, 2008, 08:00 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
there's already a thread about Kong Power Packs... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784942

...all should just post in there rather than starting a new thread, and certainly prevent starting a thread with a lame title similar in fashion to some losers posting as eBay feedback. If a thread is not interesting enough to be visited or even noticed on its own merits, it doesn't deserve to be visited or noticed.

Last edited by theKM; Jan 02, 2008 at 08:44 PM.
Jan 02, 2008, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
there's already a thread about Kong Power Packs... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784942

...all should just post in there rather than starting a new thread, and certainly prevent starting a thread with a lame title like some loser posting eBay feedback. If a thread is not interesting enough to be visited or even noticed on its own merits, it doesn't deserve to be visited or noticed.

agree!
Last edited by blade strike; Jan 02, 2008 at 08:19 PM.
Jan 02, 2008, 08:20 PM
Well I have a few Kong Power packs, and I like them; although they are a bit heavier than the FP's or TP's (yes, enough to make a little difference in flight). I'm still interested in seeing comparisons of discharge curves for all of the current front runners (Kong, Air Thunder, FP, and TP). I have no bias towards any manufacturer, I just want to see fair (non marketing type hype) comparisons. So, I think this thread would be a good place to take up where the other relevant threads have left off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroshark
heligrom I appreciate that this thread hopefully wont go there, if you look in the complaints section I have asked it to be watched and perhaps privately moderated, being in NZ I guess you could say I'm totally unbiased towards the KP gear I am just interested in buying some in the next few months.... works out to a bit of an investment with the need for about 8 packs.. so i need to make the correct choice based on how other flyers have found them
Jan 02, 2008, 08:22 PM
As noted previously, that thread has been closed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM

...all should just post in there rather than starting a new thread, and certainly prevent starting a thread with a lame title like some loser posting eBay feedback. If a thread is not interesting enough to be visited or even noticed on its own merits, it doesn't deserve to be visited or noticed.
Old Jan 02, 2008, 08:27 PM
theKM
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior).

Quick Reply