Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jan 26, 2009, 12:42 AM
Registered User

A123 batteries


please exuse my ignorance, Im not famliar with A123 batteries. What is the voltage of each cell? I thought they were the same as lipo's.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2009, 05:34 PM
Registered User
What are your flight times with the A123s? Is it with or without floats? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Crash Tester
Both 4SA123 and 5sA123 will work. The 5SA123 would be great with floats. You will need to modify the battery box as it's to narrow. I use both in mine with the 60amp E-flite ESC.
Jan 26, 2009, 07:27 PM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
D.B. Hooper's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman400
What are your flight times with the A123s? Is it with or without floats? Thanks!
I'm flying with wheels and getting around 15mins with the 5S not much less with the 4S. Full charge voltage is 3.6 on the A123. I also fly with a 4S 3200 lipo and get around the same flight times. The nice thing about the A123 is the 15min charge time.
Jan 26, 2009, 09:15 PM
Registered User
That sounds just fine with me! I saw you A123 pack in some pics you had posted. Why did you put the 5 cell pointed back making the pack longer than it has too be? Would it work/fit if I added the 5 cell to one end with the 5 cell sideways? Thanks for the help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Crash Tester
I'm flying with wheels and getting around 15mins with the 5S not much less with the 4S. Full charge voltage is 3.6 on the A123. I also fly with a 4S 3200 lipo and get around the same flight times. The nice thing about the A123 is the 15min charge time.
Jan 27, 2009, 09:34 AM
What stalls falls
Ta152's Avatar

Warning-questionable quality clevises


FYI

I have replaced the critical control surface clevises with quality ones after 3 of my included clevises suddenly broke when trying to detach them from the control horn.
Jan 28, 2009, 08:18 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman400
That sounds just fine with me! I saw you A123 pack in some pics you had posted. Why did you put the 5 cell pointed back making the pack longer than it has too be? Would it work/fit if I added the 5 cell to one end with the 5 cell sideways? Thanks for the help!!!
Can you give me a link to the pics? I searched and didn't find them.

Thanks,

CR
Jan 28, 2009, 03:54 PM
Registered User
Gerry B's Avatar
I had replaced all of my clevises too. Good idea. Also rehinged the flaps so they would operate properly.
Jan 28, 2009, 10:04 PM
What stalls falls
Ta152's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry B
I had replaced all of my clevises too. Good idea. Also re-hinged the flaps so they would operate properly.
I too have trouble with my left flap not going all the way up and need to work on that problem. How did you get hinges loose?
Larry
Feb 03, 2009, 09:02 AM
Registered User

Real Flight Beaver


Hi,

I just got the expansion pack 5 for Real Flight and have been trying the Beaver in it.

Does the E-flite Beaver fly anything like the one in Real Flight? Because the one in Real Flight flies like a dream - it just floats and yet also feels like it is riding on rails. It is also one of the easiest float planes to land in water. I wonder if the Real Flight model is realistic.

Anybody with the E-flite Beaver try the Real Flight model?
Feb 08, 2009, 02:45 PM
Registered User
Dennis C's Avatar
Resurected the Beaver yesterday.

flying on long grass and I had flipped and broke the rudder, got a new on from Horizon.
Needed the ESC for a new project and finally got a new one.

I reduced the throw on full flap, it was a bit pitch sensative and balooned when I flaired for landing.

so nice and the flaps worked perfectly, just a little throttle to flair and the wheels just kissed the grass, sweet,

Still a great looking model and fly's so nice, half flaps and low and slow fly by's hit the power loops,rolls and stall turns.

Dennis
Feb 17, 2009, 07:13 AM
Weathers Good, Gotta Go Fly
Hi guys, Great thread I hope to maiden mine today. But if you are a Beaver fan try this link to the aircraft e-flite based th model on http://www.dhc-2.com/id138.htm
The man behind this site is a certifyable Beaver nut but it'll give you all the scale detail info you'll need.

Richard
Feb 17, 2009, 09:44 AM
Triple boxed goodness!
simon737's Avatar
so did you maiden her, how did it go?
Feb 17, 2009, 12:20 PM
Weathers Good, Gotta Go Fly
Simon, I've had better days at the field
Pictures to follow.
I made that sound bad didn't I, well its not that bad.

Richard
Feb 17, 2009, 04:49 PM
Weathers Good, Gotta Go Fly
Right, Simon, got the pics for you as you con see it's realy not that bad the other damage was one wing screw broken and one wing strut pulled off it's end. Oh well shouldn't take long to fix.
But the good news is this didn't happen untill the third flight and I can report that the first two flights were up to the high standards I expected.
Feb 17, 2009, 06:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Stokes
Right, Simon, got the pics for you as you con see it's realy not that bad the other damage was one wing screw broken and one wing strut pulled off it's end. Oh well shouldn't take long to fix.
But the good news is this didn't happen untill the third flight and I can report that the first two flights were up to the high standards I expected.

Richard;

Looks to have been an impact issue (light pole/landing?). You say it flys OK....Any surprises?...You seem to have done a nice job of preparing her for flight...I hope to maiden within a couple of weeks...Your insight is appreciated.

I hope your fixes are easy and quick!

Jerry


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion E-Flite Six-Series Brushless?? finishman2000 Power Systems 8 Jan 25, 2009 05:58 PM
Sold E-Flite Six Series 2700KV Dora Nine Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Nov 24, 2006 09:04 AM
Discussion E-Flite 'Six Series' for Trex? JustPlaneChris Mini Helis 2 Oct 30, 2006 04:53 PM
For Sale E-Flite Six series 2700KV Dora Nine Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 0 Jul 31, 2006 05:13 PM
For Sale E-Flite Six series outrunner 2000Kv NIB Red Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 0 May 17, 2006 12:40 PM