The Nirvana Yacht Thread - Page 759 - RC Groups
View Poll Results: Poll Closed
cloled 0 0%
closed 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Jan 10, 2018, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzway
If you want to send me the file I can make a mold and form them in styrene.

Craig

What file format do you need?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2018, 10:09 PM
Always trying to learn
Looks fantastic! Does it flex pretty well despite not being your preferred material?
Jan 11, 2018, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanook
What file format do you need?
just about anything. stl,dwg,dxf like.

Just went back , looks like you nailed it...
Last edited by huzway; Jan 11, 2018 at 07:57 AM.
Jan 11, 2018, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejmea
Looks fantastic! Does it flex pretty well despite not being your preferred material?

Doesnít flex as much as what I wanted or as much as the original but it does snap on. It wouldnít keep water out if the hull was submerged but I honestly donít think the stock one would either.
Jan 11, 2018, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzway
just about anything. stl,dwg,dxf like.

Just went back , looks like you nailed it...
Here is the .stl if you want to tweak things or use a different material.
Jan 11, 2018, 02:15 PM
Boomer1
Kanook,
I agree. The original is not a water tight hatch. It is a great, better than most primary hatch covers. I've not gotten any noticeable amount of water in my electronics bay in all the years of sailing my Nirvana. I've "submarined" my boat a few times - never got water inside the boat. The two hatches together provide more than ample protection for these boats. One man's opinion
Can we purchase one from you? Nice to have a back up should the need ever develop.
A question from ignorance. Is your system capable of reproducing the black plastic deck fittings? Sorry if that is a dumb question, but those parts are like hen's teeth to find.
Boomer
Jan 11, 2018, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1
Kanook,

I agree. The original is not a water tight hatch. It is a great, better than most primary hatch covers. I've not gotten any noticeable amount of water in my electronics bay in all the years of sailing my Nirvana. I've "submarined" my boat a few times - never got water inside the boat. The two hatches together provide more than ample protection for these boats. One man's opinion

Can we purchase one from you? Nice to have a back up should the need ever develop.

A question from ignorance. Is your system capable of reproducing the black plastic deck fittings? Sorry if that is a dumb question, but those parts are like hen's teeth to find.

Boomer

As with the other things Iíve made these are prototypes and Iím not comfortable charging for them. Iíll send you one and if itís acceptable you can throw me a few dollars. As for the deck fittings do you mean the mast/sail fittings or the sheet pulleys? Either way Iím sure Iíd enjoy trying 😁
Jan 11, 2018, 07:42 PM
Boomer1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanook
As with the other things I’ve made these are prototypes and I’m not comfortable charging for them. I’ll send you one and if it’s acceptable you can throw me a few dollars. As for the deck fittings do you mean the mast/sail fittings or the sheet pulleys? Either way I’m sure I’d enjoy trying ��
Kanook
I circled the deck pieces I was referring to in my previous post. You can expand the image to get a better look at them. There are 4 identical brackets that are mounted down the center of the deck, 2 shroud mounts(one on each side), and 2 deck pulleys or blocks.
Boomer
Last edited by Boomer1; Jan 11, 2018 at 07:48 PM.
Jan 12, 2018, 02:28 AM
Yosef Sailor
Guys,

Thanks for all the help with creating the back up parts for our great Nirvana boats. It has been mentioned a bunch of times but as this boat is no longer in production, nor are the parts and we are starting to see the need for replacements.

Its amazing at the technology that is out there such as 3D printers etc that has allowed us to start addressing the need for some of these replacement parts.

Again, thanks for everything and once the hatch is done and you are happy with it, let me know and will send you address and a few bucks.

Thats the least I can do.

Greetings from The Netherlands.
David
Jan 12, 2018, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson
Guys,

Thanks for all the help with creating the back up parts for our great Nirvana boats. It has been mentioned a bunch of times but as this boat is no longer in production, nor are the parts and we are starting to see the need for replacements.

Its amazing at the technology that is out there such as 3D printers etc that has allowed us to start addressing the need for some of these replacement parts.

Again, thanks for everything and once the hatch is done and you are happy with it, let me know and will send you address and a few bucks.

Thats the least I can do.

Greetings from The Netherlands.
David

Pm sent
Jan 14, 2018, 07:14 AM
If anyone is passing through Thailand i have functional Nirvanna that i no longer sail

Sadly postage to anywhere from here makes it impractical to sell otherwise
I now only sail my 3x1 off the beach and the other sailing fleets in Bangkok are only IOM s
Yesterday, 03:40 PM

The Nirvana Yacht Thread

I finally had some time to sit down at the computer and draw up the deck rigging. Still need to draw up the sheet pulleys. Then try printing.
Yesterday, 04:13 PM
Boomer1
I am so impressed with this technology. You are closing in on being the guy that keeps the Nirvana fleet afloat for years to come. Very excited about seeing some of these here to for dinosaur teeth being available again.

Boomer
Yesterday, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1
I am so impressed with this technology. You are closing in on being the guy that keeps the Nirvana fleet afloat for years to come. Very excited about seeing some of these here to for dinosaur teeth being available again.

Boomer

Btw your replacement lid is printing now. I think I still have your address.
Yesterday, 06:33 PM
Boomer1
Kanook
You are the man! If you''ll shoot a PM with your return address, I'll send you something to cover your postage etc.
See how important you've become! You are the only and world wide supplier of Nirvana accessories now!!
Boomer

Quick Reply