View Poll Results: Poll Closed
cloled 0 0%
closed 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:33 PM
Boomer1 is online now
Find More Posts by Boomer1
Boomer1
Boomer1's Avatar
RB
Rescue boats are a viable tool in our sailing tool kit. Tugs seem a nature choice and one of the more popular tugs our there is the Aquacraft Atlantic Tug sold
Tower Hobbies. With very little modifications it can handle a wide range of duties.
Crash is an authority on this vessel and his has been extensively modified - the mods were done over a period of time. It served has his primary rescue boat for many years.
I use my Motor Life Boat and if needed my Chris Craft has been called into duty to push a friends boat free from being caught in some weeds.
Whatever it is it has to have the power and control to do the job, not to mention the ability to rescue and stay afloat while attempting a rescue.

Boomer
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:48 PM
rikybob is offline
Find More Posts by rikybob
AMA# BR549
rikybob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Crash View Post
...this will hopefully help get you through the long cold months and enjoy some virtual sailing...

The 1st onboard VULTURE video. Note the new buoys. Sailors are Wild Bill (blue boat), Scooter (red boat) & me...aboard the VULTURE.

https://vimeo.com/58302386
Great viddy w/ great music!

b
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:56 PM
dwatson is offline
Find More Posts by dwatson
Yosef Sailor
dwatson's Avatar
Nice video Crash!
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:48 PM
rikybob is offline
Find More Posts by rikybob
AMA# BR549
rikybob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1 View Post
RB
Rescue boats are a viable tool in our sailing tool kit. Tugs seem a nature choice and one of the more popular tugs our there is the Aquacraft Atlantic Tug sold
Tower Hobbies. With very little modifications it can handle a wide range of duties.
Crash is an authority on this vessel and his has been extensively modified - the mods were done over a period of time. It served has his primary rescue boat for many years.
I use my Motor Life Boat and if needed my Chris Craft has been called into duty to push a friends boat free from being caught in some weeds.
Whatever it is it has to have the power and control to do the job, not to mention the ability to rescue and stay afloat while attempting a rescue.

Boomer
+1!!

Thanx for the recommendations! I look forward to following up!

b

EDIT: I really like that Chris Craft as it's reminiscent of the real ones that occur here locally as we have a local "Chris Craft guru" who reconditions them.

A beautiful boat!

Checked out the Atlantic tug. Many, many mod viddys and threads! Good stuff!
Last edited by rikybob; Jan 27, 2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:40 PM
herrmill is offline
Find More Posts by herrmill
Shanghai'd Expat
herrmill's Avatar
ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!! Love that pirate theme you've got there Capt. Crash!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:22 AM
R. Nordeck is online now
Find More Posts by R. Nordeck
Registered User
R. Nordeck's Avatar
Cap'n Crash,

I Shirley enjoy your videos, especially when our sailing conditions still look like this:

Cap'n Narly
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:57 AM
dwatson is offline
Find More Posts by dwatson
Yosef Sailor
dwatson's Avatar
Nice heel angle.

She's really moving now.

QUOTE=R. Nordeck;23955262]Cap'n Crash,

I Shirley enjoy your videos, especially when our sailing conditions still look like this:

Cap'n Narly [/QUOTE]
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:20 AM
chidago is offline
Find More Posts by chidago
Suspended Account
LOL..

Looks like my lake..

Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:27 PM
sailsimms is offline
Find More Posts by sailsimms
Go Big or Go Home
Hey guys long time no see!
havent been on for a while, i have alot of catching up to do!
cool turn of events tho i am moving from Miami back to my home sweet home chicago!

So Chidago looks like im heading your way id love to get involved with your group and come out and do some racing!!!

Ill be up your way come april just in time for the open water!

Ill post pics later but im taking all the aftermarket home made tricks off the boat and getting it ready for one design!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:30 PM
Boomer1 is online now
Find More Posts by Boomer1
Boomer1
Boomer1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailsimms View Post
Hey guys long time no see!
havent been on for a while, i have alot of catching up to do!
cool turn of events tho i am moving from Miami back to my home sweet home chicago!
So Chidago looks like im heading your way id love to get involved with your group and come out and do some racing!!!
I was wondering what group you were referring to? Do they know your coming back?
Boomer
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:32 PM
chidago is offline
Find More Posts by chidago
Suspended Account
Simms, its a bet. Pappy's here too, ya know..

Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:37 PM
chidago is offline
Find More Posts by chidago
Suspended Account
Thanks, Rick, ALWAYS like the credibility check... guys build houses their WHOLE life, they dont call them the house builder..

Kill 3-4 guys, you are known forever..not fair..

Felons are people too..we got mothers, fathers, kids..almost pay taxes, etc.

Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:07 PM
Pappy2 is offline
Find More Posts by Pappy2
Registered User
Pappy2's Avatar
Nordeck Exactly like it is here. Great photo lol



Sailsimms, let us know when your up and where home base is and we'll find a pond
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:50 PM
carlsoti is offline
Find More Posts by carlsoti
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
carlsoti's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
Thanks, Rick, ALWAYS like the credibility check... guys build houses their WHOLE life, they dont call them the house builder..

Kill 3-4 guys, you are known forever..not fair..

Felons are people too..we got mothers, fathers, kids..almost pay taxes, etc.

That reminds me of a joke about Seamus the Goat!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:53 PM
Capt.Crash is offline
Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
**NOT GUILTY**
Capt.Crash's Avatar
You guys are gonna have a club up there before ya know it....

Thanks for the kind comments on the latest video guys...it makes all the hours of editing worth it to know someone is getting some enjoyment watching it.

Here's another pic from the last one....

Edited to ask if you old blind farts can see that buoy now?
Last edited by Capt.Crash; Jan 28, 2013 at 07:20 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Vixen yacht. chidago Sailboats 1 Mar 01, 2013 03:58 PM