This thread is privately moderated by ozace, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 30, 2007, 10:20 PM
Renewed interest
Thread OP
Cool

Summer time fun (again)

After a false start with the first boat, i bought a replacement.
These Ebay toys are a hoot.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2007, 02:17 PM
usual old know-it-all
Looks good Ozace.Are you managing to keep your radio box dry inside?
I've just bought this boat,had to build it of course.The motor is supposidly 7.4HP! should do 70mph.
Getting a bit weary of helis and fancied a go at something else with my son(10yrs). I've also just finished a Knight 3D and honestly cant be bothered to even test fy it!
He couldnt get to grips with helis,so i've bought him a Shockwave 36 nitro boat so we can have some fun together.
We just need some sunshine here like on your pics.....
Brod..
Dec 31, 2007, 04:50 PM
Hey Mr Ozace I see ya Had a chilly day yesterday only 37C I bet ya had ya thermals on. The 42plus C must have been exciting even though Aderlaide beat ya buy one degree.
Dec 31, 2007, 06:51 PM
Renewed interest
Thread OP
It has been hot down here and we have been loving it.

Brod, your boat looks like a weapon unlike my ebay cheapy. I assume from the look of mine in the water about 40-50 kmh is all it will do. 70mph must be hard to control i cant wait to see some pics of it in the water.

I know what you mean about the helis, i have decided to cut right back over the summer holidays and refresh my interest during the break. Its so much fun to get down to the water with the kids and have some fun.
Dec 31, 2007, 10:04 PM
-
Oz that is really cool i have been thinking about doing a Cool electric boat

Bobby
Dec 31, 2007, 11:27 PM
Renewed interest
Thread OP
Bobby, you know i am sure FP would love to see a boat like mine stacked with 15s of 5000mah cells running a fat Neu moor and a powerjazz. I have no idea how fast it would go but with that many kw onboard 60-80mph should be doable.
Jan 02, 2008, 09:22 AM
usual old know-it-all
Thought you'd like my vids of my new Cat Ozace!Cant wait to get her tuned out properly.
I too considered a fast electric instead of gas.
I'm determined not to go the 'Heli-way' and end up with loads of boats too.
I did the figures,one would need at least 100 amps do get anything decently fast with a 15S pack in a largish boat.
Runtimes would be very short with packs extrememly hot i reckon?
A smaller boat would be well doable.
I'm a newbie to fast boats and read its all in the hull design,a Hydro is the fastest,then a Cat.then last a deep V hull.
You like me must have lots of spare motors,bats. etc.think it would be worth a go
What i'm seeing is guys seem to use round cells ,as weight is not too critical in boats.Again i'm a newbie.
heres a link to a good site; tons of pics and builds.

http://www.mariosrcmodels.com/as_jolly_pete.htm

another good video link;

http://www.swissmodelpowerboatteam.c...sp?site=videos

real monsters of power!
Brod...
Last edited by brodjack; Jan 02, 2008 at 01:33 PM.
Jan 02, 2008, 04:34 PM
Renewed interest
Thread OP
He Brod, i found your rcu thread. That thing is way cool. Unfortunatly for me i run at the beach so a hydro is out and a cat would be risky, thats why the mono. Its also why i stayed with gas. I need rugged durability at the beach more than speed an gas provides that.
Oct 15, 2008, 01:57 PM
Team Me!
Your boat (the real one) is awesome, I have an original Zodiac with a Mercury 15 on it. What a riot! Pretty well impossible to turn over, and we have gotten the entire thing (including motor) out of the water hitting if off waves!

Joel
Oct 15, 2008, 05:58 PM
Renewed interest
Thread OP
Summer is comming around again so the boats have to come out for a freshen up for the warm season.
We (as a family) just love the water and boating
Oct 24, 2008, 07:22 PM
Team Me!
Winter is coming here! Way to rub it in.

Wow, that Mustang 2400 is gorgous, yours?

Joel

Quick Reply