Old May 22, 2001, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by deadcell
I use a Easton hunting arrow shaft made from carbonfiber, its 22 inches long in my FMA Razor, but i don't know the dia. Its smaller than a no#2 pencil. Thanks DC
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2001, 08:05 PM
Find More Posts by barn buster 50
i dont know what the diameter of mine is, i just used the one that came with it, its plenty strong! so i just put it in with the 3M- 77
Old May 22, 2001, 10:25 PM
Find More Posts by newflyer
i used an aluminum tube about 3/16th OD. Put it in on the CG (8"back from the nose). I made it as long as I could without going into the EPP part of the wing. I put it in with this epoxy I got at Lowes that dries hard as a rock, but is light. Covered it with navy blue 21st century covering. Monokote would probably work fine, as I really cranked up the temp and the foam did not melt. Now it flies MUCH better than original. I did not use any of that fiber type tape. Not needed with the spar. Next mod will be to cut my old plastic battery/motor holder about2" in front of the motor and bury everything else...
Old May 22, 2001, 10:32 PM
Find More Posts by DaJudge
Fish & Fly
22" section of 2216 aluminum hunting arrow. Works great. It's as light as the CF rods and very strong. Plus, I had some extra ones laying around and didn't have to buy any.
Old May 22, 2001, 10:38 PM
Find More Posts by barn buster 50
yes, ive also found that if its free i can aslo make it work
Old May 23, 2001, 01:48 AM
Find More Posts by Ben C

Tube or rod as a zagi spar - which do you have?

I use a rod, diameter 3/16". I would be interested to see what other people use as a spar . . . we see lots of 'it should be 18"' or 'it should be 24"' but no-one ever mentions the diameter.

Just interested,
Ben C