Dec 28, 2007, 10:39 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

Corvette VISBY

Hi!.
This time, I try to make the Corvette combat warship of Swedish naval forces "VISBY".
First of all, the style is very cool!!. 。The forming to which Stealth is devoted is good design. 76mm of the storage type where Stealth is shielded is a futuristic style. Well, how do make it.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2007, 03:48 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
I made the American version. The L.C.S. a couple of years ago. All balsa. Two home made jet drives (more like props in a tube). I had no drawings to work from, just an artists impression in a Navy magazine. I decided to make it 1200mmlong with a beam of 200mm with a simple flat bottom, as I had no details below the waterline. From what I've seen of your work in these threads I'm sure you won't have any difficulties building the VISBY.
Here's a couple of pics
Dec 29, 2007, 08:55 PM
Thread OP

VISBY

Thank you. 785boats san
I am interested in the speedboat, make the ship with this beautiful style from my hand, make it run, and : to want to see.
It thinks. Your VISBY serves as a reference. Perhaps, this ship is different latest VISBY in the ship of the American version that Sweden proposed to an initial United States LCS plan disposed and the detail.
If you are good, I would like you to append the image of the mechanism of the water jet.
The water jet pump of making by oneself is installed in my ship.
Last edited by y.takahashi; Jan 12, 2008 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Conversion mistake.
Dec 30, 2007, 11:48 AM
Retired for now
That is one nice looking warship but I have a problem with not seeing any guns. What does it have for armament and for power? What a great model at about five feet long. Wow.
Dec 30, 2007, 01:45 PM
Hi norgal.
Here's a couple of links to some of it's weapons systems. It's a very capable ship.
You've got to wonder about what else it can do that they're not telling us.

http://www.global-defence.com/2001/SeaSpart5.html

http://defence-data.com/dsei99/pagedi54.htm

Happy New Year to ya
Paul.
Dec 30, 2007, 02:18 PM
Good morning y.takahashi.
You are right. The image I based the model on was of the original proposed concept. Before anything was even built. It's not exact scale I know but it was just mainly a test bed for trying to build submerged water jet pumps.
Here's a rough drawing of the pump setup & a pic of the underside as you requested. I used the top drawing with the conduit bend.
Hope this helps in some small way.
Kind regards,
Paul.
Dec 30, 2007, 02:44 PM
Retired for now
785boats. Thanks for the links and the pictures. That is some ship to say the least. I like your diagram of the pump set up. Think I may give that a try soon. Pete
Dec 31, 2007, 02:28 AM
Thread OP
Hi!.norgale san

All arms of VISBY are stored because of the Stealth shape priority. The torpedo
system and the anti-ship missile are done built-in in a back deck.
It is done when storage type Bofors 57mm automatic where Stealth is shielded
asks it and it doesn't usually seem that it bears arms all because it is
covered with the door.

www.globalsecurity.org/.../europe/visby-pics.htm
Dec 31, 2007, 02:43 AM
Thread OP

Visby

785boats san.
Thank you for a detailed image of the jet drive.
I : the water jet drive of making by oneself.
It is scheduled to install it by two. A reverse-fuel injection
equipment has adhered to live Do p, too.
I can want to do high-speed mobility by driving this with Brasshuresmo
rtar.
Dec 31, 2007, 07:26 AM
Retired for now
Y. Takahashi san;
Your model looks great. I see chrome plating there on the nozzels and it looks very nice. One question-- Where do the torpedos shoot from? Seems like with all the missiles ect on the inside it would take too long to mount and shoot them in an emergency situation. I assume the Bofors gun is hidden under the shroud on the front deck and it must take some time to uncover it and get ready for use. I hope an incoming plane or missle is detected way in advance--everytime. Pete
Dec 31, 2007, 07:45 AM
Retired for now
785boats;
In studying your jet drive drawing I see one problem I think. How close does the prop fit in the water tube? I ask because it looks like some sort of strut would be needed right close to the prop to keep it from waggeling around. I doubt that the prop could be balanced to where it wouldn't oscillate a little at least and that could be fatal to the design.
I assume in your second drawing that the "insert" is used to create a venturi effect for increasing the discharge velocity. I think that at some point the thickness will start working against the efficiency of the prop. Sort of like back pressure on a car engine if the exhaust gets too restricted.
Also on your fist drawing what would you make the water conduit from? I'm thinking maybe brass or aluminum. Something easily workable. Pete
Dec 31, 2007, 11:23 AM
Thread OP
Hi
norgale san

A Happy New Year!
We : ..exceeded the age...
Hereafter, we will answer your doubt in the production of my VISBY. Though it takes while it is a few to do it. I agree that I also have some problems that should be solved in the production of VISBY in the future. Though it is welcome when your idea can be gotten.
In the explanation of the homepage of VISBY
The hatch on the side opens, and the torpedo is diagonal and in launching. It holds out though it seems to take while it is a few to model by the storage type though not introduced as cancer by 57mm is also detailed.
Dec 31, 2007, 02:44 PM
y.takahashi.
That is an impressive model of the P-960 KNM Skjold.
I've wanted to build one of these for some time now, buy every time I return to my sketches & drawings I can't figure out how to build the rear air bag and not have it dragging in the water like a sea anchor when the boat is cruising at low level without the air pumps running. How did you do it ? Did you make it adjustable by R/C ? Do you have original drawings ?
I would really love to know.
Best regards,
Paul.
Dec 31, 2007, 03:42 PM
Hi norgale.
I thought that would be a problem too. But it hasn't been yet. I've put these drives in 4 models now (2 or 3 in each) & they are still running ok. I use those 3/16 shafts with the thick brass stuffing tubes & light weight carbon type props. You are right about the insert. You would reach a point of "diminishing return". It's all trial & error. The one I tried raised the current drain by 5 amps with very little increase in thrust (measured with fishing scales) so I don't use them. I also now put the stator in the tube just behind the prop not in the nozzle. Sorry, it's an old sketch. I used an electrical conduit pvc bend on my first one, but the last couple of models I used the second sketch setup. Here's a couple of pics of the Wallypower 118' jets like that.
Happy New Year.
Paul.
Dec 31, 2007, 06:21 PM
Retired for now
Looks very nice but how do you steer it and back up? Do you have any specs on how to build the tunnels? Any pics of the boat in the water? Pete

Quick Reply