Dec 28, 2007, 10:22 AM
Ivan MacKenzie
Thread OP
Cool

My Visit to Peak Hobby - Home of the Binary-900

Over the last little while, I've been reading the thread about the Binary-900 with interest. Since I'm in Shanghai on business, I decided to get in touch with the maker, Harry Ha of Peak Hobby. After a long, and not so direct cab ride, I arrived at the factory.

Attached are some pics of my factory tour. I'm the happy owner to two Binary-900's, and Harry is (I hope) the happy owner of a lightly use 2007 Polecat T-shirt.

Ivan MacKenzie.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2007, 12:49 PM
looks like a great little buisness. I wish every dlg manufacturer could have that much stock on hand
Dec 28, 2007, 01:05 PM
Nice.... thank you for sharing!!

-Kai
Dec 28, 2007, 09:05 PM
Hi Ivan
Thanks for your T-shirt as my new year gift.
I am looing forward to meeting you in 2008.Call me when you come back to Shanghai and we will fly together.

Harry Ha
Dec 29, 2007, 07:40 PM
Hello!

I'm very new to DHL Gliders, in fact I haven't purchased one yet but I think the models that Peak-Hobby is offering are looking like a good value and good quality. I found a number of kits under $100 but coming from building scratch EP planes (and Kit planes) for a while I think I'm ready to give an ARF model a try.

I ran across Harry's internet site while searching for info on the DHL Gliders. My first thought was how nice his planes look. I was thinking of buying the Ice-Fire II but my gear may be a little light as I've been flying 4oz EPP planes with pretty light gear/batteries. And this model has ailerons that may be a bit much for me to cope with, (Just concentrating on the DHL technique may cause my brain to forget I am flying a plane! Soooooo, I am now considering the Binary-900. Has anyone flown one? If so are they fast/slow, will they catch low thermals? I didn't see anything on wing loading but at an AUW of 5oz I'm hoping for something in the high 3's to low 4's. I have been in contact with Harry and I will say he replies pretty quick to questions.

Thanks in advance for your input and advice.
-Rick
Dec 29, 2007, 08:08 PM
Ivan MacKenzie
Thread OP
Harry told me he's already sold 100 Binary-900's, so hopefully someone will chime in. If not, when I get back home I'll start a build thread.

Ivan MacKenzie.
Dec 30, 2007, 11:04 AM
Well, if everything went right with paypal I ordered the Binary-900. Harry responded to an earlier email that answered most of my questions. My thought was if this plane catches on they'll be on back order before you know it. If it doesn't or it is just too fast....Well, it wouldn't be the first (Or last) plane I have bought thinking it was the the perfect one.
Dec 16, 2008, 01:23 PM

Binary 900 build log

Ivan: did you ever start this build thread you speak of? I've searched all over rcgroups for info on this lil' bird and there hasn't been much... Well, I just ordered one for Christmas... I'll start a build log when I receive it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imack
Harry told me he's already sold 100 Binary-900's, so hopefully someone will chime in. If not, when I get back home I'll start a build thread.

Ivan MacKenzie.
Dec 16, 2008, 08:41 PM
Ivan MacKenzie
Thread OP
Hmmm,

Never did get around to that build thread, did I? And the darn thing when together so quickly it looks like I don't have any pictures of the build. Sorry...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG
Ivan: did you ever start this build thread you speak of? I've searched all over rcgroups for info on this lil' bird and there hasn't been much... Well, I just ordered one for Christmas... I'll start a build log when I receive it.
Dec 17, 2008, 02:22 AM
Throw it like you hate it
well...how did it fly? being R/E did it have enough dihedral? how were launches? what was your AUW? what gear did you use? inquiring minds want to know
Dec 17, 2008, 08:02 PM
Ivan MacKenzie
Thread OP
This one I can help with... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=835469

Build as per the plans, the plane has enough dihedral to turn well with only the rudder. But, you could easily go all out and put ailerons on it (a la Apogee elite).
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPC
well...how did it fly? being R/E did it have enough dihedral? how were launches? what was your AUW? what gear did you use? inquiring minds want to know

Quick Reply