New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2008, 08:10 PM
Find More Posts by MrN79
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarnes
You guys might want to check this out. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_79...tm.htm#7967084
What a find! I haven't started mine yet, and had planned on yanking the monokote off and fiberglassing. Thanks JB

Mark
Last edited by MrN79; Sep 19, 2008 at 09:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2008, 09:30 PM
Find More Posts by MattZC
I just love flying
I couldn't believe it so I went down to the workshop and examined my fuse! Great find!

Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2008, 09:08 PM
Find More Posts by MrN79
Now they need to post their conversion procedures/recommendations on their website like hangar 9 does.

Mark
Old Sep 21, 2008, 08:55 PM
Find More Posts by jbarnes
Have not flown mine yet but intial readings are 43 amps with 905 watts running a eflite60, 60 amp eflite esc and 6s with a 16/10 prop. Still waiting on my larger battery pack before I maiden it. Did you guys need some down elevator mixed in with full flaps? Thanks, Jerry.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 09:20 AM
Find More Posts by hondaboy92hatch

T/P arf mustang

Hi all,
Has any tried an eflite 60 in the Top flite P-51? I just aquired a kit and was planning on an eflite 60 6s lipo on a 16/10. What do you think of this setup?

Thanks
Joe
Old Nov 10, 2008, 09:35 AM
Find More Posts by jbarnes
Hey Joe, I fly mine with a Eflite 60, 17x8 APC, 6s 5000 and it flys great. One of the best flying birds I've owned. I replaced the landing gear with Robarts. Running all digital servos with seperate receiver pack.

My prop selection is based on being at 5500 feet. We usually add a inch to the prop size compared to what you might run at sea level. If I remember correctly I was pulling 45 amps at full throttle.

I fly for about 7 minutes at 60% power.

Good luck, Jerry.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 02:09 AM
Find More Posts by hondaboy92hatch

P-51

Thanks Jerry,
I am in Tucson at the moment but soon movinv to vancoover washington so that is a good starting point.

Joe
Old Nov 29, 2008, 03:42 PM
Find More Posts by MattinAZ
Does not seem to be a lot of interest in this plane. I have my wings completed and going to start the fuse somtime this weekend. The ARF is really nice and has a battery hatch on top. The only thing I did not like was the retracts. They are really cheap plastic so I installed a set of air-retracts.

Matt
Old Nov 30, 2008, 09:20 AM
Find More Posts by datazman
Just Plane Crazy
Matt:
You are joking, right? With over 6600 views to this thread I would say that interest is high. In my opinion, the TopFlite P-51 is the best 60 sized ARF on the market if you want a P-51.
I ordered mine form my local hobby shop. When I went to pick it up I mentioned to the owner about the built in hatch. As he was not aware of the hatch I opened the box and dug out the fuselage. The store was full of plane people at the time. By the time I got done showing the store owner the built in hatch I had a crowd around me and everyone wanted to see it as well. Once the modelers saw the ARF, the hobby shop got two more orders.
I also gave away the fuel tank and the motor mount. Someone asked me why I gave them away and my reply was “I do not need another pencil holder and I have never found a good use for the motor mounts”.

For those that are interested, my setup will be:

TURNIGY 50-65A 400kv Outrunner
2 ZIPPY-H 4000mAh 3S1P 25-35C Lipoly Pack to make 6S
16 X 10 APCe Prop
TURNIGY Plush 80A w/ UBEC Speed Controller (not going to use the BEC)
Castle 10 Amp BEC
1800 MAh 2S Lipo for RX Batt.
Robart 653 Struts
LADO 60-6 Electric Retracts (wouldn’t use anything else)

I have used this setup before and it rocks. Power output after the batteries settle in is 1085 static.

Ta Ta for now.
Paul
Old Nov 30, 2008, 09:29 AM
Find More Posts by CorsairJock
Quote:
Originally Posted by datazman
Matt:
You are joking, right? With over 6600 views to this thread I would say that interest is high. In my opinion, the TopFlite P-51 is the best 60 sized ARF on the market if you want a P-51.......................................
Paul
Amen. And if that isn't enough, check out this thread with over 600 posts and over 36,000 views:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7520206/tm.htm
Old Nov 30, 2008, 09:46 AM
Just Plane Crazy
CorsairJack:
Well said. I also have your build thread bookmarked as reference as I build mine. NICE JOB! I really like the retractable tail wheel but have not decided weather I am going to incorporate it into mine yet. I despise having to deal with retract servos.

I am also going to use a different pilot figure. The stock one does not have enough attitude for me so I am going to use this one:

Joe Pilot

Ta Ta for now.
Paul
Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:46 AM
Find More Posts by RCMustang
Fly 'em fast!
I'm in on this too. I have the kit version of this plane and it's been sitting in my shop for a few years. It will be my second. The first met a rapid demise thanks to a troublesome ST 90 engine.

The kit is a fun, but involved build. Lots of carving and sanding. I'm going to start it soon. I've been following this thread to get power ideas. I think I'm going with an AXI 4130/16, some kind of 80 Amp ESC, and a 16x10 or 17x8 prop, maybe a 4 blader. I have Century retracts already, but the electric Lado-tech retracts are looking very sweet. The CJM retracts are fantastic, but heavy. Keep the build info coming.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 11:19 AM
Just Plane Crazy
RCMustang:
Kudo’s on the kit, I just do not have the time to put together a kit so I stick to ARF’s.
The AXI 4130/16 is a great choice for this plane and should give you great performance.
I too are thinking of a Zinger 4 blade propeller but it is just in the thinking stage right now.

LADO Retracts: When I was interested in LADO’s I searched for reviews and comments about them. I could not find any information on the internet with the exception of; they are great or they are worth the money. I took the risk by placing an order. I was so impressed with them I wrote my own review. It can be found here:

LADO Review

It may take a while to get them if you would like a pair but in my opinion it is well worth it. AND with struts and wheels weigh in at 8 or 9 ounces per pair depending on your wheel!

Ta Ta for now.
Paul
Last edited by datazman; Dec 03, 2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2008, 09:39 PM
Find More Posts by MattinAZ
Yes, I am kidding sorry for the dry humor.

My setup will be

Hacker A-50 14S
Castle Creations 80
Thunderpower 6S5000
Prop ??? Going to start with 16 x 8 as with my H9 Corsair
Seperate 2000 mah NIM RX battery
Air retracts

Will post some pictures when I get a chance to do more work on the plane.

Matt

Quote:
Matt:
You are joking, right? With over 6600 views to this thread I would say that interest is high. In my opinion, the TopFlite P-51 is the best 60 sized ARF on the market if you want a P-51.
I ordered mine form my local hobby shop. When I went to pick it up I mentioned to the owner about the built in hatch. As he was not aware of the hatch I opened the box and dug out the fuselage. The store was full of plane people at the time. By the time I got done showing the store owner the built in hatch I had a crowd around me and everyone wanted to see it as well. Once the modelers saw the ARF, the hobby shop got two more orders.
I also gave away the fuel tank and the motor mount. Someone asked me why I gave them away and my reply was “I do not need another pencil holder and I have never found a good use for the motor mounts”.

16 X 10 APCe Prop
Castle 10 Amp BEC
Robart 653 Struts

I have used this setup before and it rocks. Power output after the batteries settle in is 1085 static.

Ta Ta for now.
Paul
Old Dec 03, 2008, 10:35 PM
Find More Posts by Socomon
Quote:

16 X 10 APCe Prop
Castle 10 Amp BEC
Robart 653 Struts
Ta Ta for now.
Paul
Why do you need a receiver battery and a BEC? Isn't that redundant? Not to mention the built-in switch mode BEC in the ESC and the stand-alone switch mode BEC.