This thread is privately moderated by Hostage-46, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 24, 2007, 02:06 AM
Hit my smoke....
Discussion

So begins building season

I'm off work until 2 January! I plan to make use of this time. Flying and building! This evening I cut and measured the spar web material. I was planning to use a carbon sock over the spar, but what I ordered is just too big. So I'll stick with the script and press on per the plans (Kevlar wrapped spar). I still like the carbon sock approach and will do that with the Supra spar.

Today I fabricated the aluminum hold down bracket. I just had a door in the house replaced and there was a very nice piece of scrap aluminum left over it worked perfectly. I also cut bass wood strips that will laminate into the spar at the center with the hold down bracket. I also cut the web, measuring it against the leading edge with the spar cap in place. Tomorrow I'll get the joiner boxes complete, on Xmas say I should be able to wrap the spar! Goal is to get the center section into the bag by Saturday.

We went flying this afternoon, more carnage, Arnold lost his Hera, something bad happened on launch, didn't rotate, just went straight out ... then in. Looked like some sort of radio problem. This happened around noon, he had it fixed by 4PM, Arnold is an excellent builder.

Winds were up, sustained around 15mph as the flying session wore on. We'll be out again tomorrow, promises to be a nice day winds 5-10. This all makes for nice tuning of the Super Sapphire. Flew with the new ballast system today, tomorrow will be totally different. The airplane is getting to be dialed in. I I recently picked up an AR9000 with a logger and satellite recievcer, next little project is to get the Ava converted over to 2.4.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply