This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 23, 2007, 10:52 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Learned a lot lately

The more I get to work with the folks from some of these great hobby companies for the author's forum, the more convinced I am that they have the greatest gig in the world.

I'll be working directly with one of those company reps and together we plan to iron out the kinks in the documentation of my current project for the authors' group.

I think I may have come off too harsh in my assessment of a model's hardware in my previous blog, especially after reading the blog of the gentleman in question who supplied me with the plane in the first place. He's been to factories all over Asia and seen first-hand the real craftsmanship and care that go into these ARFs of ours. The factories are clean and orderly, the employees well-compensated.

As Vietnam grows in stature as a producer of goods, so too will issues like the ones I've had with hardware disappear. Buy with confidence in the meantime and if you have to spend a few extra bucks on hardware, so be it.

In any event, it's my pleasure to continue to work out these minor issues now so that you won't have to later.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2007, 05:38 AM
Plowin Dirt

Learned a lot..

Quote:
The more I get to work with the folks from some of these great hobby companies for the author's forum, the more convinced I am that they have the greatest gig in the world.
Your'e probably right there & quite lucky as far as a lot of us think.

Quote:
I'll be working directly with one of those company reps and together we plan to iron out the kinks in the documentation of my current project for the authors' group.
Better products @ a lower cost with better QA/QC?

Quote:
I think I may have come off too harsh in my assessment of a model's hardware in my previous blog, especially after reading the blog of the gentleman in question who supplied me with the plane in the first place. He's been to factories all over Asia and seen first-hand the real craftsmanship and care that go into these ARFs of ours. The factories are clean and orderly, the employees well-compensated.
No offense intended but, this 'sounds like' you got bit in the rear end for something & are making apologies. I haven't followed your blog but...

Quote:
As Vietnam grows in stature as a producer of goods, so too will issues like the ones I've had with hardware disappear. Buy with confidence in the meantime and if you have to spend a few extra bucks on hardware, so be it.

In any event, it's my pleasure to continue to work out these minor issues now so that you won't have to later.
As long as a better product for less money comes down the pike, I don't personally care who builds it. BUT, no SLAVE LABOR BS, EQUAL TRADING ACROSS THE BORDERS. A dollar for me & a dollar for you, none of the 2 cents paid to you & a dollar cost 4 me BS. I support fair trade but will not support unfair trade. Albeit this is REALLY HARD to do given the economy and unfair trade sanctions the US has established & authorized with foreign countries.
IE:NAFTA=Wrangler & Levis produce an out-of-country-product with less costs and a less-then-quality-product but still charge USA produced rates. SCR*W THEM /ALL/BOTH. ( I dropped them both after 24 years of loyalty) If I have to buy an overseas product, then I'll pay for the going rate of $1.00~$3.00/hr plus shipping, but I'll be damned if I want to give you $23.00/hr for a product that cost < $3.00/hr for company profits.
Respective of that, there is no doubt in my mind the current influx of RTF/ARF kits are getting those types of returns.
Unfortunatley, I'm guilty of being one of those idiots paying/supplying these types of idiots I'm lambasting in my purchasing of ARF kits.

I sincerely hope you have the gumption to step up the plate and say enough is enough. Fair product/labor/cost for product/labor/cost.

In the FWIW dept; All future models will be build projects from USA. No overseas ARF/RTF/Kits. I'm not saying overseas kits aren't good, I'm saying the profit margins are excessive with respect to the supplied kit (s)

If you sincerely believe you can defend against my position with respect to the money (oversesas) income/disparity(USA Charges), go for it. I'll be happy to supply info supporting my position. I'm not looking into getting into a pi**ing match here, nor am I attacking you, I'm just asking for, & expecting, an acrosss the board fair trade.

Plz feel free to keep me advised @ [email protected]
I really hope everything works out for you & the RC community in the best of both worlds.

& BTW, Merry Christmas,

Dan
Dec 24, 2007, 04:17 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Thanks, Dan. Yup, I've had a few minor issues on an ARF I'm reviewing, but I have a better understanding about what that distrubutor is going through after going to his personal blog and reading about his first-hand experiences in Asia. The problems aren't anything I haven't been able to fix sice they've all pretty much involved either hardware or documentation. The overall quality of this model is quite good and the distributor's been working closely with me and I felt that I might have bitten too hard, hence my apology.

BTW, I haven't bought a pair of Levis in ages. The Wrangler and Rustler brands at Wal-Mart are US made, so I buy them and they wear like iron. Levis simply don't seem to last anymore.

Wonder why...?

Oh, and a Merry Christmas back at you!
Jan 02, 2008, 02:00 PM
Peace
I came across this blog, by RCG Username Mike Greenshields, a buyer for Hobby People.

http://mikegoesflying.wordpress.com/

Scroll down to the entry entitled "Factory Conditions."

I'm not saying one thing or the other. Just thought you might like Mike's additional perspective.

Quick Reply