Dec 21, 2007, 11:13 PM
FPV Pilot
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian123
hey, since there is no answer I suppose that the only thing I could do would be to convert the thing to 72mhz. Anyway I thought I might share the two beasts that I used and use for fpving. Here they are ---

Also the bigger one is 27mhz and the smaller one is 72mhz. The smaller one is MUCH faster as you probably can see and it has NO shocks.. that sucks. When I take the canopy off from the white on e I have enaugh space to put all my fpv gear in it.

Damian
The problem your having is the opposite of what I had, mine had radio glitching issues. That truck should be alot of fun .
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2007, 11:29 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash9
Allright nice to see your having some fun and a good maiden . That buggy looks pretty beefy, I need that front bumper . Nice camera mounting also.
Thanks Crash. That front bumper is the second or third one actually. Yes, it's beefy. But I was REALLY rough on it when I was a kid. Still lives on to this day though. Hmm, I think it's actually about 20 years old believe it or not!

I noticed a little bit of vibration coming through to the camera. Probably because the suspension is not giving enough. I wonder if I could even find springs for it now. If I soften up the ride a bit, that might help.

edit: BTW, I've got an indoor carpet track car that would be pretty cool in FPV. Imagine racing around a carpet track in FPV mode.
Dec 21, 2007, 11:45 PM
UNREGISTERED USER :)
Quote:
The problem your having is the opposite of what I had, mine had radio glitching issues. That truck should be alot of fun .

yeah I rode the car anywaya nd it was awasome. Just few minuties ago I got my fpv gear in the white car. I think there will be way to much vibrations for the cam thought since it has no shocks.. althought I will give it a try tomm anyway. Hopefuly it will be ok..

I'mnot going to convert the 27mhz truck, its toooooo much work. I rather fly ;P

Damian
Dec 22, 2007, 03:04 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Hey Crash. What did you change between "RC Truck 2" and "RC Truck 3" that made it so much smoother? There's a BIG difference. Softer suspension? Post-process editing (removing jitter)?? Also, what microphone are you using? I'm thinking about adding one to mine. I've never had a mic on my planes either. Might be interesting to try.
Dec 22, 2007, 07:42 AM
fpv'n a car was pretty cool, domoson and I were bored one windy day so we decided to throw a camera on our brother's Baja 5B.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://
Dec 22, 2007, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldozerr
fpv'n a car was pretty cool, domoson and I were bored one windy day so we decided to throw a camera on our brother's Baja 5B.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://

uuummm video?

lol
Dec 22, 2007, 01:19 PM
FPV Pilot
Thread OP
Quote:
yeah I rode the car anywaya nd it was awasome. Just few minuties ago I got my fpv gear in the white car. I think there will be way to much vibrations for the cam thought since it has no shocks.. althought I will give it a try tomm anyway. Hopefuly it will be ok..

I'mnot going to convert the 27mhz truck, its toooooo much work. I rather fly ;P

Damian
I could use a drifting car like that in my shop where the floors are smooth . Me to Flying before driving, but the weather here sucks right now
Dec 22, 2007, 01:35 PM
FPV Pilot
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
Hey Crash. What did you change between "RC Truck 2" and "RC Truck 3" that made it so much smoother? There's a BIG difference. Softer suspension? Post-process editing (removing jitter)?? Also, what microphone are you using? I'm thinking about adding one to mine. I've never had a mic on my planes either. Might be interesting to try.
Between 2-3 I noticed my wheel bearings where lose so I did some service. Aired down the tires to 10 lbs (lol ,There filled with foam ). One thing I did between Part 1-2 was get new bigger taller Proline tires. Tall tire on a small rim is what we do on full-size desert trucks for a smother ride and works for these R/C trucks as well (taller the side wall the more it absorbs) which is the opposite if you want high speed handling . What No Mic!!! I have the new PH-3 high gain mic from Super Circuits. I added a 2k resistor to cut the audio gain a bit. It's the only one I could find that would work with the wireless TX, none of the Radio Shack types worked . (recommended by Mr.RC-Cam)
Last edited by Crash9; Dec 22, 2007 at 01:40 PM.
Dec 22, 2007, 01:44 PM
FPV Pilot
Thread OP
Quote:
uuummm video?

lol
I believe it's this one he tried to post .

HPI Baja 5b FPV Style (8 min 14 sec)
Dec 22, 2007, 02:30 PM
Quote:
I could use a drifting car like that in my shop where the floors are smooth . Me to Flying before driving, but the weather here sucks right now

Just took a test drive inside of my house the video was ok but I didn't go full speed thought. It was kind of hard to drive in my hose since its not that large, its rather small. I HAD TO drift to turn it was kind of scary but fun. On one of the turns I rode on something while turning/drifting and the whole car flipped to its side. I was thanking God that it didn't flip on its back sice all the gear are uncovered and it might have hurt it. I will go outside on to a parking lot today and record the video and post it as soon as possible.

Cool experience

weather in new york sucks too. No good for flying. Tommorow its supposed to rain and thats the only day I could go flying since I don;t have a car right now..

Also I have seen this video before. Thanks for posting always good to see vids from past

I got to clean my room now :/

Damian
Last edited by damian123; Dec 22, 2007 at 02:38 PM.
Dec 22, 2007, 04:12 PM
I just took a drive outside and to tell you the truth I'm disappointed VERY MUCH it was horrible outside. The picture was shaking so baly that I quit riding after like a minute. Also my antena seemed to have low range and that was very weird. Anyway I think I Will stick to smoth and grace full flying.

I have a small rc car that is about the size of a regular tx and that might be good for home fpving or even street.. hmm I might try and convert it to 72 Also it has AWASOME shocks for such a tiny baby

damian
Dec 22, 2007, 04:45 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Got to go FPV driving today. Had a blast. Went down to the school with the kids and had fun chasing them around and stuff. Had too much fun though, 'cause I broke it. Ran into a brick wall at close to full throttle. Oops. Looks like back to the bench for a while until I can locate some spare parts. I will try to put together some video. There's a lot of vibration though. Partly due to my camera mount. But mostly due to the stiff suspension on the car.
Dec 22, 2007, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
Got to go FPV driving today. Had a blast. Went down to the school with the kids and had fun chasing them around and stuff. Had too much fun though, 'cause I broke it. Ran into a brick wall at close to full throttle. Oops. Looks like back to the bench for a while until I can locate some spare parts. I will try to put together some video. There's a lot of vibration though. Partly due to my camera mount. But mostly due to the stiff suspension on the car.

lol thats nice fix it up and go again! Your saying that you have alot of vibrations? lol should have seen mine you couldn't see anything...
Dec 22, 2007, 06:27 PM
I hope you guys are not using 72mhz for surface
Dec 22, 2007, 07:41 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster
I hope you guys are not using 72mhz for surface
I was jumping off the curb a lot. So technically, it was air.... sort of.

Damian: Yeah, there were some vibrations. I could still see where I was going. But it was nowhere as smooth as Crash's video. My suspension is way too stiff. Hardly any movement of the control arms at all.

Quick Reply