May 26, 2019, 07:45 PM
Back in the day I'd have used a thyristor circuit triggered by a low voltage from a spare channel on the RX....... (Yes I am that old)

Must be a more modern equivalent
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2019, 06:39 AM
For those interested in such things, night runs even on hard surfaces, are inadvisable when those surfaces are wet unless you have a vehicle in/on which the camera lens is protected from spray thrown up by the wheels.
In a series of attempts in the small hours of this morning my set-up failed to get more than 30m before I was effectively blinded by droplets on the lens and the glare of the lights.
Both the camera and the vehicle continued to function in spite of this but the FPV was entirely useless even though it continued to transmit

You are, at this juncture, permitted to both laugh and say "told you so"
May 27, 2019, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didactylos4
For those interested in such things, night runs even on hard surfaces, are inadvisable when those surfaces are wet unless you have a vehicle in/on which the camera lens is protected from spray thrown up by the wheels.
In a series of attempts in the small hours of this morning my set-up failed to get more than 30m before I was effectively blinded by droplets on the lens and the glare of the lights.
Both the camera and the vehicle continued to function in spite of this but the FPV was entirely useless even though it continued to transmit

You are, at this juncture, permitted to both laugh and say "told you so"
Well, thanks for the hint! So I wont make the same mistake! Probably!
May 27, 2019, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk
On the truck i use a picoswitch, but you could also use the BattleSwitch, which handles a higher load.......

https://www.dimensionengineering.com...cts/picoswitch
https://www.dimensionengineering.com...s/battleswitch
Great, thanks!

So a relay could be used/is needed!

I think I have seen a similar relay on BG!

This one! $6.29 shipped.
https://www.banggood.com/de/Remote-C...r_warehouse=CN
May 27, 2019, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer
Well, thanks for the hint! So I wont make the same mistake! Probably!
Sometimes laughing about one's failures is preferable to cursing or getting frustrated.
And admitting that advice given may have been correct is polite.
There are times when you have to accept the limitations of the chosen form-factor

At least until you can find a solution to the problem

I haven't quit trying yet
May 28, 2019, 02:12 PM
User manual for the 7ch Radiolink receiver,

They have sent the latest firmware for Win10 too, but I cant upload it to RCgroups.

EDIT: Firmware update has worked, done in a minute via USB cable. Now I have a screen for telemetry on my RC6GS.
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; May 28, 2019 at 02:20 PM.
May 28, 2019, 05:28 PM
Excellent
What telemetry are you going to utilise?
May 28, 2019, 06:42 PM
That question made me laugh!

I dont know! I even dont know what all of the values are for!

I think I will use RSSI. Rx voltage. And if EXT: the driving battery voltage is, that one too. What RATE: rpm, and T: NULL means I dont know!

Name: 20190508131710214.jpg
Views: 12
Size: 164.3 KB
Description:
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; May 28, 2019 at 06:47 PM.
May 29, 2019, 02:15 AM
RATE is probably just motor speed (some trucks have different motor speed limits in different rates)
No idea on T:null

RSSI will be useful to a degree and if you are correct, the battery info(s) could be useful.
May 29, 2019, 11:11 AM
Maybe some ESC's have a temp sensor? T: NULL would be temperature then?
May 29, 2019, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer
Maybe some ESC's have a temp sensor? T: NULL would be temperature then?
Could be. I've never seen that info
I was wondering if it was throttle

Connect it all up and let's find out
May 29, 2019, 05:25 PM
Still not received the 7ch rx! But was asked from the Radiolink service to make a vid about the update procedure of the RC6GS Tx! I will try!

Missed delivery of the 10428-A today! Tomorrow is "Christi Himmelfahrt", a holiday in Germany, so I will receive it friday hopefully! Good thing! I am on holiday too at friday! My daycare is closed!
May 30, 2019, 04:16 AM
Don't get me wrong I wasn't expecting immediate action
It takes time to get ready for the practical "hands on" testing especially when holidays interfere
But that is the best way to answer all the theoretical questions

I'm interested in what you get with the Radiolink system because, as it stands, I'm looking at that or the Flysky system as an upgrade for my next truck.
Alternatively, I might go for a stick Tx....... it all depends on how the systems perform
May 30, 2019, 04:23 AM
When the weather finally improves I'm going to do some testing myself.
So far I've stuck with the 25mw output on my AIO (mainly because control range is less than FPV range even on that setting). But now we have all of the Spring grass and foliage in full array and I want to run "penetration" tests to see whether added output power makes a difference to the FPV.
I suspect it won't actually make much difference at all
May 30, 2019, 07:53 AM
400' + is where fun starts.
Just get your trucks antennas up higher. I use a 433mhz on my truck and havent have any loss of control.

Quick Reply