May 25, 2019, 05:31 AM
Atleast It's in one piece
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk
Murphy’s Law.......all that footage and YouTube randomly chooses that frame.......LOL ......
Cut it out of my little vid

Tonka and Xmaxx (4 min 26 sec)

A bit late perhaps but I've asked him to change the display frame
Last edited by Arcright; May 25, 2019 at 11:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2019, 05:45 AM
Should be better now
May 25, 2019, 07:40 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcright
Should be better now
No ....no!!......I was only joking.......Iíll be leaving it in my video and will grab Terryís aerial footage as well, so please donít change it, or have him delete anything...
It wasnít as impressive as my Hadleigh Castle video......in that I rolled several times and the hood top flew off.....

RockApe Tumbling around the ruins at Hadleigh Castle 120614 (13 min 41 sec)
May 25, 2019, 08:55 AM
Yep thatís an impressive roll , heís changed it now so best leave as is. Iím not to sure where he is coming from re the title Harlow Crawlers ? Non of us come from Harlow, neither vehicle is a crawler and we were on North Weald airfield operating under the NW flying club permission.
May 25, 2019, 11:38 AM
Thatís the ďplease donít pick me up it could get very noisyĒ siren fitted, so next dilemma is do I fit a servo under the HD camera on a Y lead so it follows the pilot cam or do I look into using a HD cam as a pilot cam(if itís possible) ?
May 25, 2019, 12:16 PM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcright
Thatís the ďplease donít pick me up it could get very noisyĒ siren fitted, so next dilemma is do I fit a servo under the HD camera on a Y lead so it follows the pilot cam or do I look into using a HD cam as a pilot cam(if itís possible) ?
Donít forget to link your siren to your failsafe.......easiest way to fire it up if it gets picked up.....
May 25, 2019, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk
Donít forget to link your siren to your failsafe.......easiest way to fire it up if it gets picked up.....

Good point , I'll set that up when I'm at the field next.
May 25, 2019, 02:04 PM
What a coincidence! I was searching thru the internet to find a sirene, controlable via receiver! Havent found something! Only the G.T.power police sirene.

Just wanted to ask in this thread what do do when someone picks the car up! I have seen the vid with the electric shocks, but I wouldnt go so far! So a sirene is the way to go? That was my thinking too!

Is there such a unit recommended?

Arcright, may you explain your solution please? Is it a usual sirene and a switch controlled via Rx?
May 25, 2019, 03:03 PM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer
What a coincidence! I was searching thru the internet to find a sirene, controlable via receiver! Havent found something! Only the G.T.power police sirene.

Just wanted to ask in this thread what do do when someone picks the car up! I have seen the vid with the electric shocks, but I wouldnt go so far! So a sirene is the way to go? That was my thinking too!

Is there such a unit recommended?

Arcright, may you explain your solution please? Is it a usual sirene and a switch controlled via Rx?
Some years ago one of the guys on the Tonka Summit group had his car picked up by a passing driver, he was 1/2 mile away so couldn’t do anything about it.......that was when I decided to add a 120db siren to the RockApe......but since then, it has helped me to find the truck when caught up in woods and when I drove down a hole in the sand while driving along the beach......
I activate it by remote via a picoswitch.
But you really should also add it to your failsafe, so that should someone run off with it, and gets out of your control range, it will still keep sounding.
I found my siren on eBay, there were many 120db sirens available, but I wanted one that would fit in the centre of the spare wheel.

This was a video showing just how loud 120db sounds in the car......

Failsafe Alarm in car sound test 260214 (1 min 26 sec)
Last edited by FPVsummituk; May 26, 2019 at 04:26 PM.
May 25, 2019, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer

This is the switch I've used

https://www.banggood.com/LED-Lights-...r_warehouse=CN

The siren

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wired-Min...72.m2749.l2649

I've also used a BEC to reduce the 6s voltage down to 12v to run the siren.
May 25, 2019, 04:01 PM
That seems a pretty robust and tamper-proof siren.
Some I've seen are anything but with a very vulnerable speaker as the output.
May 25, 2019, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didactylos4
That seems a pretty robust and tamper-proof siren.
Some I've seen are anything but with a very vulnerable speaker as the output.
Yes I think it's what is used in the typical home alarm , thing is it's pretty big the Xmaxx has a reasonable amount of room but I think to squeeze it in a 1/10th scale might be an issue.
May 25, 2019, 04:15 PM
I doubt it would fit in many as well.
But it's started me searching for "external "sirens because those are usually of a similarly robust nature even if they are often quieter,
May 25, 2019, 04:35 PM
Thanks guys so much!

So many things popping up to consider I havent had in my mind before!
May 25, 2019, 05:02 PM
If anyone is interested, a good source of battery powered alarm sounders is a chimney sweep or a gas fitter.
Most of the modern carbon monoxide detectors have a pretty short "replace by" date and fitters aren't allowed to just replace the batteries (for obvious reasons)
Many are just scrapped when they are replaced and the sounder units are easy to remove with basic tools and a soldering iron.
I've been busy fiddling with one for a few weeks now but haven't yet got the wiring quite "right" (I'm a bit picky about electronics)

Quick Reply