FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: - Page 804 - RC Groups
May 13, 2018, 08:00 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk
No.....I think the you will find that it is the body flexing.......however........I don’t know what shocks you have on there, but on the Summits you should always adjust the spring tension with the shocks out of the truck, as doing it in location tends to loosen the oil cap and they leak...............this is a tip from someone who did it wrong.......
Mine is stock plastic shock comes with K949, the spring well adjusted but it leaks a lot at the bottom of the slider tube but the cap is well sealed tight. Now all 4x shocks leaked on my work table. My other yellow FPV truck of the same platform 10428@K949 that have the same shocks and chassis layout didn't leak out but the weight differences between two truck is slightly different. The K949 is +500gram heavier and the steering momentum during cornering is way sluggish due to its big wheels.
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2018, 03:02 PM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ican3d
Mine is stock plastic shock comes with K949, the spring well adjusted but it leaks a lot at the bottom of the slider tube but the cap is well sealed tight. Now all 4x shocks leaked on my work table. My other yellow FPV truck of the same platform 10428@K949 that have the same shocks and chassis layout didn't leak out but the weight differences between two truck is slightly different. The K949 is +500gram heavier and the steering momentum during cornering is way sluggish due to its big wheels.
Sounds as if you will be checking out new shocks in the coming weeks........
May 14, 2018, 08:02 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Meanwhile my old friend from another township 500km away drop by to my place in the morning sending me this AXIAL kit for me for major scale renovation and FPV conversion after watching my FPV video. He say he'll let me decide the outcome of his truck. So i'll put some effort but in return i'll have some goodies from his bike shop. The truck looks like in bad shape with lots missing parts and wrong power combo, lots of work and custom fabrication to do. Also will be purchasing him an FPV goggle and new long range radio kit.

Photos:

May 15, 2018, 02:05 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
Quote:
Meanwhile my old friend from another township 500km away drop by to my place in the morning sending me this AXIAL kit for me for major scale renovation and FPV conversion after watching my FPV video. He say he'll let me decide the outcome of his truck. So i'll put some effort but in return i'll have some goodies from his bike shop. The truck looks like in bad shape with lots missing parts and wrong power combo, lots of work and custom fabrication to do. Also will be purchasing him an FPV goggle and new long range radio kit.
Looks like a nice project.......I look forward to watching your progress.......so keep the photos and description coming.......
Last edited by FPVsummituk; May 15, 2018 at 08:53 AM.
May 15, 2018, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk
Does the cameraís gyro stabiliser take out the vibration, or straighten up the horizon?
Taking out vibration with a gyro stabiliser is fine........but if travelling along the side of a hill, you really do need to see that the image is at an angle to realise that the truck is in danger of rolling over........a gyro tends to straighten up the image, leaving the truck running at an angle........I know that if you were driving a full size truck, that you would lean your head to the side, into an upright position ( like the gyro is doing).......but your body is feeling the amount of lean and transmitting this to your brain........but when youíre sitting 1/2 mile away, you canít feel this, so you rely on your eyes........and you are usually so immersed in your driving, especially when using goggles, that you can feel the truck leaning to the left, right, forward or backwards.
This is the reason that I prefer a 2 axis, pan/tilt gimbal........you have all the movement but can still feel the gradient.
So my advice is if your camera reduces vibration, then add it to a 2 axis gimbal such as this 3D printed version if it will fit into your truck........you need to turn the camera left, right, up and down.......but Iím sure that you will be able to find a Gimbal to suit your build.......if not.......make one......
Firefly Q6 gyro mode is kinda like on-board Prodad Mercalli. It zooms the image in a little and buffers out the jumps and bumps. It doesn't really seem to do much for vibration and it doesn't keep the horizon level, it only buffers moments when the camera gets "yanked". It's really annoying to use as a primary camera when landing an aircraft in turbulence but will probably work fine in a ground vehicle; not sure if I will end up flipping a truck or not because a sudden wheel drop gets "buffered".

I may just do that, build my own gimbal. I will see if I like my "hybrid" setup first though.
May 16, 2018, 06:21 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Pushing my FPV K949 rock racer to the edge, almost tilt over on its axis. This one is loud, big and angry than the FY03. Had better camera resolution and less vibration = soaky suspension

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwXOlmiud1I
The Sound box and Suspension 'working' like that is pretty cool to see/hear
On my SUMMIT i always see the suspension working, it gives you the illusion on how
hard the truck suspension is working. Amazing site!
May 17, 2018, 04:23 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
The Sound box and Suspension 'working' like that is pretty cool to see/hear
On my SUMMIT i always see the suspension working, it gives you the illusion on how
hard the truck suspension is working. Amazing site!

Thanks rclab1, i can't afford a Summit thats why i got these K949 and big wheels to make it feels like one and able to see the suspension wobbling about in action and engine sound makes FPV driving feel alive. One more problem localy we have limited (almost none) off-road trails to test out the truck at long distance no thanks to urban development.
May 20, 2018, 01:45 PM
I'm officially a ground FPVer now.

For my build I used
HG P402
Taranis X9D + X8R
a Hobbywing Quicrun 60A Waterproof Brushed ESC (you have to swap the esc if you want to use your own receiver)
600mw 5.8 ghz for video

This video was filmed with a Foxeer Monster. My Firefly Q6 died during use with a video switcher. Something fried both my video switch board and the camera at the same time. I planned on having a "reverse" camera.

new PB for ground FPV 1240 feet (8 min 12 sec)

my new HG P402 FPV (2 min 51 sec)
Last edited by parajared; May 20, 2018 at 05:41 PM.
Yesterday, 09:32 AM
Ready for first test with video, waiting for the Weather to change.
Tonka is in Summer wear with the top down.

Quick Reply