Nov 04, 2014, 12:36 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
hahaha ! This thread is great !
to remove ads between posts
Nov 04, 2014, 12:50 AM
Shut up and fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Bird
Barbie getting wet and dirty in the Tonka Summit at the local bmx park. Trying out the new P2 rockers.. they rock! Still using stock (orange) springs, have the tan rear and green fronts on hand but these turned out ok..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKfOXFuIl-o
you rock that was so much fun to watch
Nov 04, 2014, 06:55 AM
Fly safe, fly often!

The racing FPV videos posted here inspired this idea: what about paintball FPV with these trucks?

I'm up for it if anyone in or around Atlanta wants to do it also

Simple rules: Start out on different sides of the game area then seek and destroy

Sounds fun?

Nov 05, 2014, 02:00 PM
WIP on version 3 of my FPV setup. Everything is good fit wise, just gotta put them both together now.

- box holds GoPro (on GetFPV gel bobbins), 800/1500mW 1.3g transmitter and 1300mah 3S battery. BEC 12v as needed.
- 1.3g blubeam, protected by a very well sized bowl (keeps the water out and protects from rolls)
- lights to be mounted as well
- held in place by two battery tie downs (screwed in with bowl top) and Velcro under to match with box to help with stability)

Last edited by SilverBullet126; Nov 05, 2014 at 02:58 PM.
Nov 05, 2014, 05:31 PM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet126
WIP on version 3 of my FPV setup. Everything is good fit wise, just gotta put them both together now.

- box holds GoPro (on GetFPV gel bobbins), 800/1500mW 1.3g transmitter and 1300mah 3S battery. BEC 12v as needed.
- 1.3g blubeam, protected by a very well sized bowl (keeps the water out and protects from rolls)
- held in place by two battery tie downs (screwed in with bowl top) and Velcro under to match with box to help with stability)
Nice bit of design work, a very neat answer to the camera/VTx/antenna assembly, and should give great protection. Good job, I can't wait to see your videos from the setup.
Nov 05, 2014, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk
Nice bit of design work, a very neat answer to the camera/VTx/antenna assembly, and should give great protection. Good job, I can't wait to see your videos from the setup.
Thanks, it's a side step while I work on getting my Tonka ready, which finally came in yesterday after a long stop in NY.
Nov 05, 2014, 06:21 PM
Shut up and fly
Quote:

looks water proof

trailer mod for me. can shoot rockets if i want now
Nov 05, 2014, 11:10 PM
Hit Man

FPV Summit Fun Dacono Rebels Style

Here is a short video of our fun we had last month up in the Mountains with our Summits
First part is my set up in my truck and my ground station

FPV Fun Summit Style (5 min 37 sec)
Nov 06, 2014, 12:02 AM
Hit Man

My Record Run 4,792 ft Video

Summit Distance Run (12 min 41 sec)
Last edited by kddesgin; Nov 06, 2014 at 12:14 AM.
Nov 06, 2014, 12:29 AM
Shut up and fly
good stuff got any more
Nov 06, 2014, 12:59 AM
eS Dee eF ... Geoff!
I set my own, much less impressive record today: 285m (about 935ft). The only thing stopping me going further was ... running out of park to run it in.

The problem with using a Rustler as a base is that it gets stuck if there's more than 4cm tall grass. This vastly limits where I can run it.
Time to go hunting for a new vehicle. Unfortunately, as many have said before: 'The summit is so expensive.' But it is an incomparable vehicle. Maybe I'll give myself a christmas present, or are there any other chassis that people would recommend?
Nov 06, 2014, 01:05 AM
Shut up and fly
Craigslist is where i got mine 250-300 bucks.
i need a better bec what are you guys using?

quick run today
RR (2 min 58 sec)
Nov 06, 2014, 02:50 AM
eS Dee eF ... Geoff!
Unfortunately our local craigslist has a grand total of 37 listings, none of which are RC, well, anything....
Nov 06, 2014, 03:05 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
Quote:
Thanks, it's a side step while I work on getting my Tonka ready, which finally came in yesterday after a long stop in NY.
Do you plan to protect the Vtx antenna on the Tonka with the same method?
Nov 06, 2014, 04:22 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kddesgin
That is one really good run, incredible distance and very good video link throughout.

Quick Reply