Thread Tools
Jan 20, 2008, 11:13 AM
Registered User
typicalaimster's Avatar
That might be the way to go. Considering you're not putting any real current through the unit. It's just passably monitoring the battery. It's very similar to the ParkBec I believe?

As a program side not: I'd highly suggest you do not use airplane ESC's in a car. You do not have any sort of airflow going across the MOFSETS. If you look most car ESC's have a heat sink on their speed controls.

Granted back in 'the old days' people put car ESC's in airplanes. Now-a-Days you can not go the other direction (airplaine to car).
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2008, 11:15 AM
Registered User
Mark Harris's Avatar
looks like a pretty good product there pratorian!
Jan 20, 2008, 03:46 PM
RPV of DOOM
year1camaro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratorian
You added some kind of low voltage device for the batteries or you just time your runs to make sure the lipos dont get below 3v/ cell ? I'm guessing that the stock ESC does not have a low voltage cutout ?
I'm adding a low voltage cut off. Cheap part, I think its 25.00. Novak has nice ones that are from what I hear the most trustworthy.
I finished roughin in the roll cage for my RPV. I put a test camera in the cockpit and the view in 10 times better than with the hummer body on. I can't wait to get in and do some RPV'in, but it's gonna be a few more days till I get everything painted and moved around on the chassis the way I want.


Last edited by year1camaro; Jan 20, 2008 at 05:20 PM.
Jan 20, 2008, 03:55 PM
No guts no glory
pratorian's Avatar
where did you get your hummer body camaro ? it looks awesome
Jan 20, 2008, 04:02 PM
RPV of DOOM
year1camaro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratorian
where did you get your hummer body camaro ? it looks awesome
WalMart. It was an RC by "Newbright" I paid 100.00 for that RC too, just for the body. (ouch) Anyone like to purchase, it's up for grabs. PM an offer.
Jan 20, 2008, 05:24 PM
RPV of DOOM
year1camaro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratorian
Do you guys think this module could work with a dual 2 cell lipo setup on the emaxx ?

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/li...ule/index.html

Would be easier than replacing the stock esc on the emaxx
Yes, that's it,,,,,,I think you need one for each pack. Not sure. Right now I'm using SystemCheck Voltage gauge that I can see from camera in the rig, it was 12.00.
Jan 20, 2008, 09:03 PM
FPV Pilot
Crash9's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratorian
Do you guys think this module could work with a dual 2 cell lipo setup on the emaxx ?

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/li...ule/index.html

Would be easier than replacing the stock esc on the emaxx
That's what I use with stock ESC and 2 cell lipo . Works great and has a low cell LED that you can place in the cameras view so you can see it flash when lipo gets down. Will also cut the motor after 1 minute of flashing .
Jan 20, 2008, 11:46 PM
Registered User
Mark Harris's Avatar
Brushed motors?! nooooooo!


Proline make some hummer bodies, they are about 40AUD here so i'm guessing you'd pay about 15-20USD there. Shipping to Australia is expensive, and aussie distributors want a very big share of the profits hehe.

http://www.pro-lineracing.com/produc...gory=mt_bodies

There is the suburban hummer, and the H2
Jan 21, 2008, 12:14 AM
No guts no glory
pratorian's Avatar
cool thanks mark
Jan 21, 2008, 01:29 AM
Registered User
typicalaimster's Avatar
You can buy brushless motors for RC. Granted you're going to pay the price for it. Personally I'll take my $30 motor that runs just as well!
Jan 21, 2008, 09:28 AM
RPV of DOOM
year1camaro's Avatar
I got my brushed motors from ebay, 12.00 for both, I forget the brand, but they are drill motors, tons of torque which I need for what I'm doin with the truck. The beautiful thing about the emaxx is your options.
Jan 21, 2008, 10:53 AM
FPV Pilot
Crash9's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Harris
Brushed motors?! nooooooo!


Proline make some hummer bodies, they are about 40AUD here so i'm guessing you'd pay about 15-20USD there. Shipping to Australia is expensive, and aussie distributors want a very big share of the profits hehe.

http://www.pro-lineracing.com/produc...gory=mt_bodies

There is the suburban hummer, and the H2
I found a Hummer Wagon body for $25 . I put the body as far back as it would go so the camera gets a better view and not so much hood .
Jan 21, 2008, 12:22 PM
RPV of DOOM
year1camaro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash9
I found a Hummer Wagon body for $25 . I put the body as far back as it would go so the camera gets a better view and not so much hood .
Trucks looks great crash! You like the view from the top? I can't run like that, way to hard to make it water tight. We mainly built these trucks to run in bad weather, freezing temps, rain and snow. We do run them in nice weather to, but it's alot more fun during bad weather and I'm going through r/c withdrawl. LOL.
Jan 21, 2008, 09:14 PM
FPV Pilot
Crash9's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by year1camaro
Trucks looks great crash! You like the view from the top? I can't run like that, way to hard to make it water tight. We mainly built these trucks to run in bad weather, freezing temps, rain and snow. We do run them in nice weather to, but it's alot more fun during bad weather and I'm going through r/c withdrawl. LOL.
Yeah I've tried other places but from the top I get a better perspective and can judge distance better at higher speeds even though I like the inside cab view .
Jan 21, 2008, 09:21 PM
RPV of DOOM
year1camaro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash9
Yeah I've tried other places but from the top I get a better perspective and can judge distance better at higher speeds even though I like the inside cab view .
I hear ya about the inside view, that's why I made this roll cage, I'm hoping to have a good inside view.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Cheap FPV Car for Kids Domoson FPV Talk 8 Dec 28, 2007 05:13 PM
Looking for fun 51 build thread??Help??? fish2keel The Profile Brotherhood 0 Apr 07, 2005 04:27 PM
B-2 gets 48 minutes :) and other fun. Mikey-flies Parkflyers 2 Jul 27, 2003 08:44 PM
HECELLS, new video & other fun stuff Duf Parkflyers 0 Mar 24, 2003 08:35 AM