Dec 20, 2007, 05:56 PM
FPV Pilot
Thread OP
Discussion

FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread:

This is a place to discuss other Fun FPV piloting/Driving projects like Cars, 4X Trucks, Boats, Tank, Submirines, Train, Robots, Etc.. . So feel free to post your projects and ideas here .

Have Fun and Drive Fast

My FPV Planes, Trains, Autos and Helis (7 min 19 sec)

Last edited by Crash9; Nov 27, 2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: video added
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2007, 06:00 PM
FPV Pilot
Thread OP
Here's my latest :

Rude Doggs Backyard RC Track w/ FPV & 450 Heli Video. (4 min 58 sec)

Remote Video R/C truck Part 3 (4 min 23 sec)

I got some Heli time over my backyard track. It's tight with the trees and flying Rc trucks. Great fun.

Backyard Cross-Over Slash Track and Heli Video (4 min 23 sec)

Comparing 900 mhz and 2.4 ghz (2 min 33 sec)
Last edited by Crash9; Feb 11, 2011 at 11:48 PM.
Dec 20, 2007, 06:13 PM
what car is that?
Dec 20, 2007, 06:42 PM
UNREGISTERED USER :)
Hey, cool thread thanks for starting it. I have problem with my car.. I just took a test drive in it and failure.. I works really bad. I turned on my video sys and looked into the goggles. It was perect I got excited. I had my googles on and I turned the 27 mhz tx on and whooops the video ot bad.. I could see but there were millions of horizontal lines.. I turned it off and whoop and good again. I took a test drive anyway But the video was not good.. at some momnets I couln't see where I was going... I got the rx for rc and tx for video as far as I could but it still does the same thing.

Any advice?

thanks, Damian
Dec 20, 2007, 11:59 PM
FPV Pilot
Thread OP
Put a flash light on it and went for a night run before the rain started falling The mirror works pretty good for backing up. I have it mounted over head so I tilt up as I'm backing .
Dec 21, 2007, 12:06 AM
FPV Pilot
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee2005
what car is that?
The X-Cellerator as it's now called.
Assosiated RC 10. It's about 8 years old.
Last edited by Crash9; Dec 22, 2007 at 01:13 PM.
Dec 21, 2007, 12:30 AM
Wow,

that is very cool! I always loved racing - even though I see you are using the head tracker just as much as I used in my Rammunition. Driving and the headtracker is quite the opposite to airplanes, since on the car everything happens much faster, and you really get dizzy by the end of the run...

About a year ago when I started with the FPV I transformed a Radioshack - 80 dollar truck into an FPV madness. It doesn't go as fast as yours, but it is 4x4 and it will climb - and since it is a Monster Truck - in fast turns it will flip over...

Originally this truck had a simple remote system, with non proportional controls - which went to the garbage right away... Got replaced by a Electron 6 receiver, and a quite good speed controller. Also the steering needed a servo instead of their cheap magnetic solution for proportional control.

The camera is a high resolution one, and it is installed on servos for pan and tilt.

Check out some of the pictures I took during the build. Once I started flying, the truck is sitting in the basement waiting for a better day. Perhaps I should take it out in the snow one day....

Here are the pictures: http://www.ngctech.com/photoalbum/th...s.php?album=53

the video at the end is not as far as cool as yours, but I was only starting and testing. Mind you the video was taken before the steering was replaced with a proportional servo...

This truck later got some LED lights which can be turned on/off from the remote - by pushing the elevator stick up. If you moved it down, then it started to alternate the left and right LED lights - just like a police car - and a siren was turned on at the same time through a buzzer.
Dec 21, 2007, 02:08 AM
That inside the cab view is so cool!! Nice video oxxy . It's fun to test my gear on a R/c truck when I can't fly .
Dec 21, 2007, 02:18 AM
FPV Pilot
Thread OP
That is a cool view oxxyfx Nice truck.

Here's the night run video I did before the rain came. May need air bags though, the ending shows why .

FPV Night Run with R/C Truck (3 min 17 sec)
Dec 21, 2007, 02:58 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Cool. I love watching the suspension articulate over the terrain. Looks really neat. My Falcon appears to have pretty stiff suspension. I hope that doesn't make the video real bumpy.

edit: Oh, I thought you were using video goggles with head tracking. Are you instead just watching a monitor and panning/tilting the camera with the transmitter stick?
Dec 21, 2007, 11:55 AM
FPV Pilot
Thread OP
Stang, got any pics of your ride yet?
Just the stick for now Keeping the driving controls on one stick and the camera on the other .
Dec 21, 2007, 05:15 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
I've got pan/tilt on channels 4 and 3 so I can use the left stick. Or I can use my head tracker.

Ok, well I've got it just about done. I have to make a new hold-down strap for the main battery. I can't reach the stock hold-down with the FPV gear on it. Other than that though, it's pretty much ready to go. I powered everything up last night, and I was getting some video distortions. Not sure what's going on there, but it could be the placement of components. So I may have to rearrange things if it doesn't work out good.
Dec 21, 2007, 09:31 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
COOL!!!! Just took her out for a spin! Wow, that was fun. I went out front and drove around on the sidewalk and driveway. It was dark outside and not too much light from the street lights. But I did have enough light to see where I was going. Didn't have the head tracker hooked up yet. But I was panning/tilting with the transmitter stick. Takes some getting used to though. Might be more natural with the head tracking. I might also do some pan mixing with steering like you did. It was fun though. Gona try and do some driving tomorrow during the day.
Dec 21, 2007, 11:00 PM
UNREGISTERED USER :)
hey, since there is no answer I suppose that the only thing I could do would be to convert the thing to 72mhz. Anyway I thought I might share the two beasts that I used and use for fpving. Here they are ---

Also the bigger one is 27mhz and the smaller one is 72mhz. The smaller one is MUCH faster as you probably can see and it has NO shocks.. that sucks. When I take the canopy off from the white on e I have enaugh space to put all my fpv gear in it.

Damian
Dec 21, 2007, 11:08 PM
FPV Pilot
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
COOL!!!! Just took her out for a spin! Wow, that was fun. I went out front and drove around on the sidewalk and driveway. It was dark outside and not too much light from the street lights. But I did have enough light to see where I was going. Didn't have the head tracker hooked up yet. But I was panning/tilting with the transmitter stick. Takes some getting used to though. Might be more natural with the head tracking. I might also do some pan mixing with steering like you did. It was fun though. Gona try and do some driving tomorrow during the day.
Allright nice to see your having some fun and a good maiden . That buggy looks pretty beefy, I need that front bumper . Nice camera mounting also.

Quick Reply