Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 07, 2008, 11:51 PM
Registered User
One thing I'm not seeing in the kit is a mounting bracket for the tail servo. I hope I wasn't supposed to buy this separately...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2008, 11:54 PM
It's a heli valotta fun!
kt74's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdengr
One thing I'm not seeing in the kit is a mounting bracket for the tail servo. I hope I wasn't supposed to buy this separately...
I think there is a place to mount the tail servo in the frame.
When I spoke to Albert he told me that if I got the SG90 servo instead of the SG50 for the tail I would have to modify the frame to make it fit. So look in the rear of the frame... you will probably find a servo mounting provision there...
Jan 08, 2008, 01:05 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt74
I think there is a place to mount the tail servo in the frame.
Could be; there's a servo-sized cutout in about the right place. I was planning to use an HS-50 on the tail and it'll fit in the cutout although the the mounting hole spacing is too large for it. The cutouts appear sized for a Esky 8g servo.

The build photos clearly show a boom clamp/bracket-mounted tail servo but maybe frame mounting will work. I'm not sure the supplied tail pushrod is long enough but it's just 2mm CF, I believe.

Thanks!
Jan 08, 2008, 11:20 AM
Aerofever.net
Albert_Moto's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdengr
Could be; there's a servo-sized cutout in about the right place. I was planning to use an HS-50 on the tail and it'll fit in the cutout although the the mounting hole spacing is too large for it. The cutouts appear sized for a Esky 8g servo.

The build photos clearly show a boom clamp/bracket-mounted tail servo but maybe frame mounting will work. I'm not sure the supplied tail pushrod is long enough but it's just 2mm CF, I believe.

Thanks!
The stock Compy FP-BD is supposing for u to install the tail servo on the side board. Don't worry, the tail push rod is long enough !!

For the using of HS-50 or SG-50 servo, u may just drill the two screw holes on the side board a little bit longer and it will fit.

BTW, the Compy FP Deluxe verison will come with tail sevo boom mount and you need to cut the tail push rod shorter.

Albert
Jan 08, 2008, 11:22 AM
Aerofever.net
Albert_Moto's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalbacardi
I can't access the attachments on the aero-fever forums, any chance you could post the pics here on RCGroups?
OK, you don't need to register to see the pics in the AF's Support and Enquiries forum now.

Albert
Jan 08, 2008, 01:42 PM
Registered User
HI ALBERT
Can the Belt Pulley & CNC Main Gear Set of the Compy FP go in the old Compy CP(http://www.aero-fever.net/product_in...roducts_id=720) ?
Is the tail gear fixed or screwd to the main gear ?

THX
Jan 08, 2008, 03:30 PM
Registered User
Albert

Is there a max recommended headspeed for the belt drive?
Thanks in advance

Hill
Jan 08, 2008, 11:04 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_Moto
OK, you don't need to register to see the pics in the AF's Support and Enquiries forum now.

Albert
Thanks!
Jan 08, 2008, 11:12 PM
Aerofever.net
Albert_Moto's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KABAL99
HI ALBERT
Can the Belt Pulley & CNC Main Gear Set of the Compy FP go in the old Compy CP(http://www.aero-fever.net/product_in...roducts_id=720) ?
Is the tail gear fixed or screwd to the main gear ?

THX
KABAL,
Yes, this new CNC Belt Pulley & Main Gear Set can use in the old Compy 300. The Belt Pulley is just screwed on the main gear w/ 4 screws.

hill0046,
I haven't measure the headspeed for the Compy FP so far (I will check it out later). My recommended setting is the AKE 300SH-F (3200kv) + 9T or 10T or 450R35LT-F (3500kv) + 9T with 8degree or 6 degree wooden blade. The 6 degree one will have higher head speed, the cylic response is faster and is good for advanced pilot for performing "Cone" and "Loop" with the Compy FP.

Albert
Jan 09, 2008, 05:51 AM
Registered User
Albert, I dont see the 6 degree blades listed on your website. Do you sell them?
Jan 09, 2008, 07:00 AM
Registered User
Albert, i would like to know when the deluxe kit is going to be ready to ship with all the assembling instruction ( building instruction )

thank you
Jan 09, 2008, 09:32 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuckpoo
Albert, I dont see the 6 degree blades listed on your website. Do you sell them?
Yeah, I saw the 10's and 8's.
Sixes should be fun to try. Lots of head speed!
Jan 09, 2008, 02:58 PM
It's a heli valotta fun!
kt74's Avatar
Hey... look what I found:
http://www.libsyn.com/static/insideheli/shop.html
Wood blades sold in the US. Pretty cool.
Jan 09, 2008, 07:59 PM
Aerofever.net
Albert_Moto's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt74
Hey... look what I found:
http://www.libsyn.com/static/insideheli/shop.html
Wood blades sold in the US. Pretty cool.
I think that's a 9 degree ?
Jan 09, 2008, 08:00 PM
Aerofever.net
Albert_Moto's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutin
Albert, i would like to know when the deluxe kit is going to be ready to ship with all the assembling instruction ( building instruction )

thank you
The instruction will be available for download soon; but not now, sorry.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Motor/ESC combination for Compy 300 FP? generalbacardi Micro Helis 1 Oct 31, 2008 09:43 PM
Sold Excellent Compy 300 FP RTF with Lots of Extras!!! - Blowout Price - $170 SHIPPED cdbarnett Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 14 Nov 16, 2007 05:16 PM
Discussion Compy 300 FP coming out? generalbacardi Micro Helis 2 Nov 08, 2007 11:50 PM
Video Compy 300 FP video testing the Esky beefed up paddle frame and Compy swash electric-flyer Electric Heli Talk 0 Oct 04, 2007 09:41 PM
Cool Compy 300 FP video electric-flyer Micro Helis 0 Jul 17, 2007 02:24 PM