Thread Tools
Jun 04, 2008, 04:51 PM
Registered User
I can't do the "pinch" method, it's just too uncomfortable to me. I've been an avid video gamer for some 15 or so years, so "thumbing" is just natural.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2008, 05:31 PM
Radd's Two-Star Grad
HeliFish's Avatar
I recently started using the pinch-grip on the throttle/rudder but it feels like I'm going to drop the transmitter if I pinch-grip both sticks. Maybe I need a neck strap or something.
Jun 04, 2008, 06:10 PM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
USNAviationjay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac20
I can't do the "pinch" method, it's just too uncomfortable to me. I've been an avid video gamer for some 15 or so years, so "thumbing" is just natural.
same here it feels natural to me.

Vid games since 1977 Pong 4 teh winz!
Jun 04, 2008, 08:29 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
finished my new Compy this week..thanks to a little vacation
Jun 04, 2008, 08:29 PM
Registered User
dude_109's Avatar
It's been too long since I flew planks so I don't know what I did back then but since I started with helis, I did the pinch with index finger and thumb on both sides. It just seems to give me finer control of the sticks. The other 3 fingers to warp around the bottom started out as cumbersome but I got used to it now. I also have a neck strap, just in case my finger slips.



KC,
Very nice Compy. I see some non stock pieces on there...like HBK2 skids, I think. What are the canopy and vertical/horizontal tail from?
Jun 04, 2008, 08:55 PM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
USNAviationjay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC
finished my new Compy this week..thanks to a little vacation
wow... what canopy is that...

Dude you gonna go to the Heli Fun Fly?
Jun 05, 2008, 01:51 AM
Registered User
Shogo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC
finished my new Compy this week..thanks to a little vacation
Nice looking birds! Why did you decide to build a second one? I like the white canopy.
Jun 05, 2008, 06:26 AM
Registered User
dude_109's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNAviationjay
wow... what canopy is that...

Dude you gonna go to the Heli Fun Fly?

Would love to go but I'm all the way across town diagonally so too far to go. Then again, if I drop the wife & kids off at Katy Outlet stores...hmmm
Jun 05, 2008, 08:43 AM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
USNAviationjay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109
Would love to go but I'm all the way across town diagonally so too far to go. Then again, if I drop the wife & kids off at Katy Outlet stores...hmmm

haha! bring them! its a 3 day event =-D

there are people coming in from all over Texas and the surrounding states! its gonna be very cool.. (provided the winds die down and the rain chance stays away)
Jun 05, 2008, 10:15 AM
I can drift a heli
maarset's Avatar
FYI
Did some RPM readings on my Compy this morning. Did a flight using some Compy wood blades I had that were trimmed down to about 225MM. They seemed a little more stable than the stock esky ones I was using that were narrowed. Got a solid 8 minutes with these wood blades on a 1000mah back. After 8 min flight I put about 760 mah back in. Not bad. So I put another fresh battery in to do a RPM test.
At hover throttle position I was around 1950 RPM with these shortened wood blades. Going to test the M-24 blades a little later on.
InsideHeli says a heli will fly at 1800 rpm.
But what is a good RPM for a stable hover?

I'm using two solid rotor head links now. Not using the O-ring anymore.
I did get a ever so slight tail to head bobbing with these wood blades but it was barely noticeable. Didn't mind it. I think these trimmed compy wood blades will be a happy medium between the Compy wood blades and the M-24's. I need to hunt down some more Compy wood blades.

They are 8 degree correct?

Mike
Jun 05, 2008, 10:44 AM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
USNAviationjay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset
FYI
Did some RPM readings on my Compy this morning. Did a flight using some Compy wood blades I had that were trimmed down to about 225MM. They seemed a little more stable than the stock esky ones I was using that were narrowed. Got a solid 8 minutes with these wood blades on a 1000mah back. After 8 min flight I put about 760 mah back in. Not bad. So I put another fresh battery in to do a RPM test.
At hover throttle position I was around 1950 RPM with these shortened wood blades. Going to test the M-24 blades a little later on.
InsideHeli says a heli will fly at 1800 rpm.
But what is a good RPM for a stable hover?

I'm using two solid rotor head links now. Not using the O-ring anymore.
I did get a ever so slight tail to head bobbing with these wood blades but it was barely noticeable. Didn't mind it. I think these trimmed compy wood blades will be a happy medium between the Compy wood blades and the M-24's. I need to hunt down some more Compy wood blades.

They are 8 degree correct?

Mike

Ya stock is 8 they do have the new 6 degree ones that are supposed to be much more aggressive I'm thinking about ordering some on payday.
Jun 05, 2008, 11:01 AM
I can drift a heli
maarset's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNAviationjay
Ya stock is 8 they do have the new 6 degree ones that are supposed to be much more aggressive I'm thinking about ordering some on payday.
Getting these from Aero-fever.net?
Jun 05, 2008, 11:28 AM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
USNAviationjay's Avatar
yah he had them listed as a new product and they are in stock.


http://www.aero-fever.net/product_in...ucts_id=841&os
Last edited by USNAviationjay; Jun 05, 2008 at 02:59 PM.
Jun 05, 2008, 01:11 PM
I can drift a heli
maarset's Avatar
Jason destroy that link. This site uses customer id's in the link and when someone clicks on it they are you on the site.
Jun 05, 2008, 01:33 PM
I can drift a heli
maarset's Avatar
Nevermind. Your session timed out.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Motor/ESC combination for Compy 300 FP? generalbacardi Micro Helis 1 Oct 31, 2008 09:43 PM
Sold Excellent Compy 300 FP RTF with Lots of Extras!!! - Blowout Price - $170 SHIPPED cdbarnett Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 14 Nov 16, 2007 05:16 PM
Discussion Compy 300 FP coming out? generalbacardi Micro Helis 2 Nov 08, 2007 11:50 PM
Video Compy 300 FP video testing the Esky beefed up paddle frame and Compy swash electric-flyer Electric Heli Talk 0 Oct 04, 2007 09:41 PM
Cool Compy 300 FP video electric-flyer Micro Helis 0 Jul 17, 2007 02:24 PM