Thread OP

UFO? Starship? X-Wing?

Anyone out there tried these?
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2001, 05:26 PM
Not quite....

This one is real......
www.awatson1.fsnet.co.uk

I've discussed with other people about making science-fiction models but have heard nothing back. What happened to the Babylon 5 ship?

Even a brick will fly of you give it enough speed (its also known as the space shuttle )

Choose a model, find a picture of it (or a link) and we will talk some more......

Doc
May 29, 2001, 06:55 PM
Thread OP
That is cool. But I really wonder if anyone could make an Enterprise flying on earth. X-Wing or Babelon 5 may be a possibility. I will try to get some photos and see what we can do.
May 29, 2001, 09:18 PM
Bill Evans Aircraft makes (or made, at least...I have a set of plans...check the RCM plans catalog} the Astron 40...looks a lot like an X-wing fighter. Model Airplane News also had one, early 80s, for those of you with archives

I also remember seeing an ad for a flying Enterprise (the D model) 5-6 years ago in one of the mags...RCM or MAN. The primary hull served as the wing, about 3 ft. diameter as I recall, and the section between the warp nacelles was used as the horizontal stab/elevator surfaces.
May 29, 2001, 10:19 PM
I have been thinking of building a Star Fury. The problem is that the front section presents a lot of drag. The Thuderbolt might be more aerodynamic, but I prefer the Fury.

Imagine having 4 independently controlled N20s and no servos. And if you can get your hands on lightweight reversible ESCs ...

Jun Nolasco

Quote:
Originally posted by Doc Watson:
Not quite....

This one is real......
www.awatson1.fsnet.co.uk

I've discussed with other people about making science-fiction models but have heard nothing back. What happened to the Babylon 5 ship?

Even a brick will fly of you give it enough speed (its also known as the space shuttle )

Choose a model, find a picture of it (or a link) and we will talk some more......

Doc

[This message has been edited by nolasco (edited 05-29-2001).]
May 30, 2001, 04:33 AM
Some curious hyper tech push props in the animation "Wings of Honneamise"
http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/comics/anime...ges/woh-08.jpg

More general link:http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/comics/anime-manga/sorted/WingsOfHonneamise/Images
May 30, 2001, 07:00 AM
Star Fury? I'd love to do a White Star. . .
May 30, 2001, 07:44 AM
Serenity Now!
Quote:
Originally posted by Doc Watson:
Not quite....

This one is real......
www.awatson1.fsnet.co.uk

Doc
Doc,

You may want to revise your web page. The X-32B has not yet completed it's STOVL portion of the test program yet. It just arrived at Pax River last week to do that.

May 30, 2001, 03:04 PM
jbrundt,

It has tested the system at about 6000 feet and about 300-400 knots. I'm waiting with anticipation for the 'true' STOVL testing which will happen any day now.

Looks like they will beat me to it. I've just spent two days building my front UC, it looks nice though.....

Doc
May 30, 2001, 09:36 PM
Old school newb
Ugh!! Wings of Honneamise, what a HORRIBLE anime!!! that thing was so booring, i fell asleep! this is a rare feat, when watching anime! I AM VASH THE STAMPEDE
May 31, 2001, 12:54 AM
Thumbs a blur
The X wing looking Canard from the Crimson Skies game looks like it would fly well as a electric. I think its called a MK III Devastator. "Tired of getting shot down by pirates??"
May 31, 2001, 02:25 PM
I have a styrofoam glider of the Enterprise D... its stupose to actualy glide, never actualy through it though, it has a nose wieght that could be replaced with batteries etc.. with super micromotor etc.. it might be doable

Look for Enterprise Glider on ebay, usualyat least 1 selling for 9$.

Quick Reply