Thread Tools
Dec 17, 2007, 01:43 PM
Lithium Member
Herb's Avatar
Discussion

Mr. Goestl vs. Thunder Power Class Action Suit


I picked up a leaflet at a local Hobby Store that describes a Class Action Suit filed by a Mr. Goestl against Thunder Power Inc. (case GIC 879513, San Diego Superior Court) .

The lawsuit alleges that Thunder Power violated California law with respect to the labeling of TP's battery products ("made in the USA" but was not made in the usa). TP disagrees but has apparently settled. The site tpcredit.com is supposed to provide further info but seems non-existent so far.

Does anybody else know about this issue(s), and where can I found out more? Is it the same Mr. Goestl that owns a shop in SD and is well known for his sterling customer service?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2007, 02:12 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
I picked up a leaflet at a local Hobby Store that describes a Class Action Suit filed by a Mr. Goestl against Thunder Power Inc. (case GIC 879513, San Diego Superior Court) .

The lawsuit alleges that Thunder Power violated California law with respect to the labeling of TP's battery products ("made in the USA" but was not made in the usa). TP disagrees but has apparently settled. The site tpcredit.com is supposed to provide further info but seems non-existent so far.

Does anybody else know about this issue(s), and where can I found out more? Is it the same Mr. Goestl that owns a shop in SD and is well known for his sterling customer service?
Looks like this guy has a lot of issues with other people. You can go and look up his name but there isnt much info posted about the filings. Here are his filings:
Dec 17, 2007, 02:24 PM
Rejisterd Youzer
SU Jags's Avatar
Looks like that guy needs to get a LIFE. He's been on both sides of the suit.
Last edited by SU Jags; Dec 17, 2007 at 02:31 PM.
Dec 17, 2007, 03:10 PM
Permanently Banned
pinolefm1's Avatar
Same guy is suing castle creations from what ive read for just short of 10 million dollars over the "made in USA " thing as well.
I've also read he is associated with dymond-rc .
dymond-rc has been removed from my list of rc vendors in protest
...hopefully I never need a d60 servo again

Steve
Dec 17, 2007, 03:21 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinolefm1
Same guy is suing castle creations from what ive read for just short of 10 million dollars over the "made in USA " thing as well.

Steve
Heres the link...

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/cou...ase_id-246895/
Dec 18, 2007, 07:16 AM
Plane dodger
KillerAir's Avatar
Seems as if Mr Goestl is a very busy boy. I know he won't be getting my business anytime soon.

Killer
Dec 18, 2007, 08:02 AM
Stress Be Gone
GBR2's Avatar
Looks like he is one of those people whose purpose in life is to milk as much money as they can from other people via the justice system. Perpetual suers or maybe that should be professional suers. Just another parasite on society in general.
Dec 18, 2007, 05:23 PM
Lithium Member
Herb's Avatar
So this Mr. Goestl is the same Mr. Helmut Goestl that owns and operates Dymond Modelsport shop and online retail ( 3904 Convoy St. #110 San Diego, Ca. 92111 ) in San Diego ?

http://www.rc-dymond.com/
Dec 18, 2007, 06:13 PM
And You're Not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
So this Mr. Goestl is the same Mr. Helmut Goestl that owns and operates Dymond Modelsport shop and online retail ( 3904 Convoy St. #110 San Diego, Ca. 92111 ) in San Diego ?

http://www.rc-dymond.com/
I've spoken to him on the phone, and he's the milk of human kindness (I'd put my true feeling regarding the experience here, but hate to clog the docket any further).
Dec 18, 2007, 07:41 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Bigster's Avatar
I can't understand why he alone would benefit from the outcome of a lawsuit like this. At minimum, wouldn't it have to be a class action suit? Ok, I know very little about this, but what's to stop you, me, and the guy next door from bringing our own suits against these companies?

He certainly sounds like a total to me.
Dec 19, 2007, 12:17 AM
Registered User
rcelectfly's Avatar
Sundoggy,

The lawsuits were class action lawsuits. The only real winners are the lawyers in these types of cases. For the modelers the result is increased prices on products to pay the manufacturers legal costs.
Dec 22, 2007, 04:31 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Thomas B's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
So this Mr. Goestl is the same Mr. Helmut Goestl that owns and operates Dymond Modelsport shop and online retail ( 3904 Convoy St. #110 San Diego, Ca. 92111 ) in San Diego ?

http://www.rc-dymond.com/
Yep...and what is even funnier is that he still has a Castle Creations sign in one of the windows of the shop....

I find his law suits extremely self serving as he does not sell much if any of those vendor's product anyway, preferring to sell his own similar imports instead of CC and TP products.

I assume the Advance Energy one is the TP suit? And who are the other two guys getting sued?
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Dec 22, 2007, 06:36 PM
turn, turn, turn.
He won't win.
Dec 22, 2007, 08:16 PM
Bill the Database Guy
rcairflyer's Avatar
Suing for things that didn't injure him?
Dec 23, 2007, 07:51 AM
Registered User
so are tp batteries made in usa or not?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
kokam vs Thunder power and others rocky79 Batteries and Chargers 47 Jun 28, 2005 07:06 AM
Kokam vs Thunder Power or other LiPos tran1172 Batteries and Chargers 45 Jan 16, 2005 02:47 PM
Lipo: Kokam vs Thunder Power vitik Batteries and Chargers 11 Nov 03, 2004 07:22 PM
Triton vs Thunder Power 2100mAh 2cell li-po The Disturbed 1 Batteries and Chargers 12 Jan 11, 2004 06:56 PM
E-Tec Vs Thunder Power Pjotrrr Batteries and Chargers 29 Jun 30, 2003 06:14 PM