Dec 15, 2007, 03:58 AM
Thread OP
Help!

E-SKY Lama 3 vs E-SKY Lama 4 vs Eflite Blade CX2 vs Honey Bee King 2

Although a newbie to helis, I am interested in flying a heli and manage easily to fly my Micro Fairy indoors and now ready for the next phase up.

I have come to the conclusion that tha above helis seem to get good reports on this and many other forums.

I live oppossite 10 acres of public park lands and ovals so space is not an issue.
I also live myself on a 1/4 acre so have the room to fly around my house without risking injury to anyone else.

So having said all that, which heli would make the next 12 months an enjoyable one.....

Is there a big difference between the Lama V3 to the V4 other then different look?

Which is better and is the V4 already out of production?
Or should I simply pay a little more and get the Blade CX2 or even going up to the Honey Bee King 2?

Getting confusion.

I would like to fly it inside as well as outside even if only under minor wind...

PS I already own a CCPM Expert Twister 3D Brushless which I won at a raffle so I will keep this for down the track. Right now I'm only interested in RTF models.

thank in advance
Last edited by Marclau; Dec 15, 2007 at 05:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2007, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marclau
Although a newbie to helis, I am interested in flying a heli and manage easily to fly my Micro Fairy indoors and now ready for the next phase up.

I have come to the conclusion that tha above helis seem to get good reports on this and many other forums.

I live oppossite 10 acres of public park lands and ovals so space is not an issue.
I also live myself on a 1/4 acre so have the room to fly around my house without risking injury to anyone else.

So having said all that, which heli would make the next 12 months an enjoyable one.....

Is there a big difference between the Lama V3 to the V4 other then different look?

Which is better and is the V4 already out of production?
Or should I simply pay a little more and get the Blade CX2 or even going up to the Honey Bee King 2?

Getting confusion.

I would like to fly it inside as well as outside even if only under minor wind...

PS I already own a CCPM Expert Twister 3D Brushless which I won at a raffle so I will keep this for down the track. Right now I'm only interested in RTF models.

thank in advance

With your criteria, and the intention to fly both indoors and out, go for the Honey Bee. But take your time in getting comfortable with it. It won't tolerate the mistakes one can make with the CX2/Lamas.

You could buy the CX/Lama but be very disappointed trying to fly it outdoors with any detectable breeze. The HB will suffer some from the same but nowhere near the degree as the coaxials.

Regards
Dec 15, 2007, 11:46 PM
I have all of the above helicopters and I would recommend each one for different reasons. However the King 2 is not an indoor helicopter. Flying one indoor can put a hole thru sheet rock or slice right thru a nice piece of furniture. The King 2 is a little larger than a Blade CP and a little smaller than a Trex 450. The only reason why one might fly one indoors would be to do some adjustments. The King 2 will fly outside fine in light to even moderate wind.

Because you want to fly inside I would recommend your choices to the V3, V4 or CX2. The V3 and V4 have the same electronics but have different main frames that support different bodies. I prefer my V3 over my V4. The CX2 has a 2.4 gig radio which is nice and typically you can find more local support and parts for the CX2 which is one reason it is so popular. I am sure if the V3's and V4's were as widely available they would be as popluar.

All three are great helis and one reason why I could see not going with a V3 or V4 is local part support. If you do not have a E-sky dealer close by and do not mind waiting for mail order parts the Esky is great choice and a good deal. Besides that the 2.4 system on the CX2 is nice to have. I have had minor gliches with both the older CX1 and the V3 and V4. But for the price difference I think one might learn to live with a glitch every now and then.
Last edited by stersman; Dec 15, 2007 at 11:53 PM.

Quick Reply