Dec 14, 2007, 01:14 PM
Reserved Parking
Thread OP
Discussion

Next E-flite Platinum series Desires?

O.K groupies,

There was a thread and then a poll about what warbird to do as the next H-9 Platinum series plane.

But, no-one said that the next plane has to be a warbird. There are plenty of other subjects out there!

So, I want to see what non-warbird plane people want to see be the next plane, who knows, maybe H-9 will watch these threads also.

Try to think in terms of what they could actually sell, not obscure planes only one or two people would buy.

I won't be around the board much after today until around new years, but we can let this nomination thread run for about a month, then take some of them and make first cut poll, and then the final poll. Just like the other threads were done.

To kick it off, I would like to see a Chipmunk (this was omitted from the other list because the thread originator seemed to think that a trainer didn't fit...not like the AT-6 was a trainer or anything...).

So, my first nominees are:

Chipmunk, Gilmore Lion, V-tail bonaza...just to cover some different eras.
Last edited by P-51C; Jan 08, 2008 at 12:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2007, 01:39 PM
Timelord
Travel Air Mystery Ship gets my vote

It is very popular at NEAT and is included in Expansion 4 for Real Flight 3.5
Dec 14, 2007, 05:56 PM
Hangar 9 is doing Platinum Series? I thought it was just E-flite!
Dec 14, 2007, 08:54 PM
I'll go for a Gilmore racer,or super solution,or travel air mystery ship.More mainstream though,would be a super stearman,or waco UPF-7.Man,I could go on for hours,but any from that era would be great!
Dec 15, 2007, 11:35 AM
Walt
How about the Lockheed Vega series or one of the variants. Maybe a fuse and wing that can be configured as Winnie Mae or an Orion
Walt
Dec 15, 2007, 06:20 PM
The ZlinXIII gets my vote.

Jim.....
Dec 15, 2007, 10:03 PM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
1930 Fleet bi-plane.
http://www.eaa231.org/Museum/Fleet/Fleet.htm

Or a Fokker E-III because I've never run across a ARF that was even close.
Dec 16, 2007, 02:22 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C
O.K groupies,

There was a thread and then a poll about what warbird to do as the next H-9 Platinum series plane.

But, no-one said that the next plane has to be a warbird. There are plenty of other subjects out there!

So, I want to see what non-warbird plane people want to see be the next plane, who knows, maybe H-9 will watch these threads also.

Try to think in terms of what they could actually sell, not obscure planes only one or two people would buy.

I won't be around the board much after today until around new years, but we can let this nomination thread run for about a month, then take some of them and make first cut poll, and then the final poll. Just like the other threads were done.

To kick it off, I would like to see a Chipmunk (this was omitted from the other list because the thread originator seemed to think that a trainer didn't fit...not like the AT-6 was a trainer or anything...).

So, my first nominees are:

Chipmunk, Gilmore Lion, V-tail bonaza...just to cover some different eras.
Chipmunk: I could see them doing one, but they's ruin it and do that "Super" crap.
H9's idea of a trainer is to take a jet, botch it with a propellor, and then add wing droops to a vastly off-scale wing, to boot.

Gilmore Lion: I'd love that too, but it absolutely ain't happenin' with them.
Dec 16, 2007, 03:50 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
What about a Super Stearman?

I'd be down for a SUPER Chipmunk if they didn it between ohh say, 45-55" span...

I'd like to have a nice Super Stearman though..

Jeff
www.CommonSenseRC.com
Dec 16, 2007, 10:57 AM
Ustabee supported Unabomber
Slow down all! E-FLITE is doing the platinum series, NOT Hangar 9. Of course that doesn't mean that E-flite can't build your wishes, it just means don't expect to see Hangar 9 do anything soon.

Unless I'm TOTALLY wrong and H9 has started copying E-Flite?
Dec 16, 2007, 02:07 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Eflite, Hangar 9, et al.. Horizon Hobby products..
Dec 23, 2007, 08:23 AM
Reserved Parking
Thread OP
H-9 owns e-flite so I just lump them together. Now, on with the suggestions!
Dec 23, 2007, 08:34 PM
Kansas is windy.
How about the Cessna 195?

Also, a second vote for the Travel Air Mystery Ship.
Dec 23, 2007, 09:16 PM
Ustabee supported Unabomber
DHC-2 Beaver!
Dec 23, 2007, 09:21 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
I just got the AT6 , cant wait to build it , so considering they did such a good job with the split flaps a P40 would be real nice

Quick Reply