to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2007, 01:35 AM
Neat pics, and to meet fellow AP'ers out in the field, WOW that does not happen to often...
Dec 14, 2007, 08:32 AM
Great shots! Looks like you had a fun time. Nice A to A.
Dec 14, 2007, 08:51 AM
Suspended Account
Recommend button clicked. Very nice.
Dec 14, 2007, 09:10 AM
olivier
Amazing shots of an amazing place!!

I was told there was a time of the year when the death valley is blooming with thousands of flower...must be fascinating to see and to AP.

Is there also any remain of the gold rush to AP ?

whish I were there

cheers

olivier
Dec 14, 2007, 09:14 AM
great pic with thw ss
cool
guy
Dec 15, 2007, 08:41 PM
fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyg
great pic with thw ss
cool
guy
Toda ! (hebrew thanks)

Today I was at very colorful place - Golden Canyon,
here some more pics and video (22mb)
http://www.fmtv.us/rc/Death_Valley_Golden_Canyon.wmv

this time I used Samsung S730 (not as good as Lumix)

ps: the place is so peaceful and quiet you can hear someone talking 1/4mile away, I felt like a biggest moron flying powered airplane(even so elecric) in the canyon.After all it's National Park were things meant to be the way it was centuries ago.
Last edited by fmkit; Dec 15, 2007 at 10:40 PM. Reason: video added
Dec 15, 2007, 09:09 PM
very cool...
Dec 16, 2007, 12:55 PM

Hey thats my SS...

Nice meeting you out there by the dunes! Too bad we didnt have time to walk out closer and film the dunes up close. I might have to go back, great place to fly.

Not sure if you went to Natural Bridge, a narrow arch 30-50ft wide, narrow canyon. Here are some stills from the video Im working on. Got two camera angles mixed in and they flow in sync.

I dont have high speed at home, so If you want to post any of my video from that day, go ahead.
Dec 16, 2007, 01:43 PM
Cool pics... I like the down the canyon shot.
Dec 17, 2007, 08:14 AM
Nice Pictures, I was out there years ago and remember driving thru an area that had lots of multi color rocks. They my not turn out as well from an aerial shot but would be nice to see what it looks like from the air.

Those Salt flats are amazing, how the salt crystals grow.

It was 118 degs when we drove thru so most of our viewing was from the inside of the car
Dec 20, 2007, 04:21 PM
Great pics..

I've been going out to Death Valley since I was a kid. Love that area.

Your photo of Stovepipe Wells reminded me of the time we decided to go out there in a new car for the 4th of July.. We were young and wanted to go somewhere away from the crowds. It worked, it was pretty empty. We got up early in the morning to beat the heat, but the untested car had other ideas. It blew a coolant hose and cooked the motor before we knew what happened. It was only about 80F as the sun hadn't been up for long. We spent the rest of the day sitting outside the store in 120F temps. We were sure happy to have the shade and a good supply of goodies at the store!

-Wayne
Dec 20, 2007, 08:23 PM
fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk
Great pics..

I've been going out to Death Valley since I was a kid. Love that area.

Your photo of Stovepipe Wells reminded me of the time we decided to go out there in a new car for the 4th of July.. We were young and wanted to go somewhere away from the crowds. It worked, it was pretty empty....

-Wayne
Thanks Wayne!
I was here in May to found burning hell, I guess July heat was worst
Right now its a t-shirt weather, very nice .. esp cause you can fly and AP every day.

Today flights over dunes(note some pics are frames grabbed from HD movies), again Slinger and Lumix LS70:
Dec 20, 2007, 08:38 PM
Wonderful pictures! What a pretty place!
Dec 20, 2007, 09:59 PM
fast
Death Valley badlands (6 min 0 sec)
Last edited by fmkit; Jun 14, 2008 at 01:14 PM. Reason: link updated