Dec 13, 2007, 12:28 PM
Question

Rewinding the unworthy...2410 suggestions solicited.

'Tis that time of year when we find more time to construct than fly so I figured I might as well change out that slightly toasted wire on my old BM2410-08. She still works as new but was wondering if I might be able to squeeze a bit more out of her. I found many a thread pertaining to rewinding the 2410's but none really specified successful torque winds.

I just ran mine up in stock form and am seeing the expected performance - GWS9x5HD/9.94v/7.7a/6,900rpm/493g/64%ef. I'm sure a stronger battery able to hold voltage up would allow 550g+. What I'm hoping for is that someone can advise of a tested wind that will allow >650g thrust and >30mph pitch speed using a minimum of 9" prop while being somewhat dependable. Pie-in-the-sky?

Cheers,
golem
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2007, 09:34 AM
Engineer for Christ
I would wind it a 5 or 6 turns WYE terminated with 2 strands of 26 AWG wire or a single strand of 24 AWG. That will allow for about 18 Amps current and a fairly efficient motor compared to the spaghetti winds Tower Pro uses. You might even try 22 AWG, but I am unsure if 22 will squeeze in there. 5 turns will give about 1200 or so kv, six will run around 1000 I think.

-Alex