Dec 06, 2019, 03:32 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
I wish Mutski would chime in here. Check out the records he's set with his Strix Nano Goblins - 3:35:40 flight time, 79.80 miles of distance. This is a tiny, fast, foam FPV wing.

I know he's gone even longer since that page was last updated.
Latest blog entry: Jeti ESC resto-mod
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2019, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece
I wish Mutski would chime in here. Check out the records he's set with his Strix Nano Goblins - 3:35:40 flight time, 79.80 miles of distance. This is a tiny, fast, foam FPV wing.

I know he's gone even longer since that page was last updated.
+1 Great! Thank you!
Dec 15, 2019, 07:00 PM
Hot glue will fix anything!
As Anything can be made to fly for a decent amount of time.
while I own a number of epo planes, my daily flyer is a FT Cub and over the many I've built I have made improvements each time and enjoy trying to push the limits of them, it's become a hobby in its own right lol.

Believe that I hold two records for the ft cub-
Altitude, regularly above the clouds
And endurance, 35 mins and approx 18 miles.

Whilst those are not particularly impressive on thier own, it is a diy foamboard ft cub remember and I've not found a single person flying them the way I do
Last edited by Uksteve; Dec 16, 2019 at 04:08 AM.
Dec 24, 2019, 11:25 AM
"regularly above the clouds"
You would need very thin and low clouds to do it now.
Dec 24, 2019, 12:28 PM
Hot glue will fix anything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quorneng
"regularly above the clouds"
You would need very thin and low clouds to do it now.
What do you mean?

Is that altitude sarcasm Because of the knee jerk government?
Jan 16, 2020, 11:35 AM
I'm flying ! (run for cover)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo L
Bowieshum,

Welcome to R/C flying!

Don't worry about flying time, worry about flying. When you first start flying, your nerves are on such edge, and your adrenalin is pumping so hard, that after 8 minutes you will be exhausted. Landing and taking off are an important aspect of flying. If you are flying an electric plane and want long air timie, bring several batteries with you. When the first battery is up, you land the plane, put in a new battery and take-off again. You will find that keeping your head constantly tilted up to the sky is very tiring on your neck and difficult to maintain concentration, so long flight times are rarely an issue.
Back in 2004 when I started the hobby, I had an Easy Star and had a passion to pursue long flight times. I frequently did 20 - 24 minutes (I still have the Excel sheet where I kept the times ) (That was stock, brushed 400 motor with 1100 mAh NiMH battery). The record was an amazing 39 minutes of flight time, where the thermals were so strong that I regularly had to dive down intentionally to keep me from losing sight of it. I had a neck ache the following days. After that, I thought to bring a portable beach bed with me so that I lie back when flying Eventually canceleld the idea because I had never seen anyone else do it, but after a little while I saw photos of glider flyers who do it

The result is that with a LiPo brushless glider you should be able to regularly do more than 30 minutes, but you ll need a beach bed or other kind of neck support.

Quick Reply