Dec 12, 2007, 06:37 PM
Oh Yeah!
Thread OP
Discussion

Question about Pink foam sheets from Home Depot

The only Dow Pink Foam (Foamular) sheets that my local Home Depot carries are the thin ~0.5 inch type. Does anyone have the SKU (stock keeping unit) for the thicker type that you can get in the more Northern stores? I'm going to try and convince my local store to carry a pallet when it gets colder here.

Thanks,
Steve
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2007, 07:07 PM
Steve,
Where are you at? It has taken some effort, but even in Houston I've been able to find a supplier (actually two!) of 2" thick HiLoad 60. Keep looking; Home Depot isn't the only game in town.

-Keith
Dec 12, 2007, 10:10 PM
Oh Yeah!
Thread OP
I'm in League City and neither Home Depot carries the thick stuff. I have also tried Lowes as well.
Dec 12, 2007, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC68
I'm in League City and neither Home Depot carries the thick stuff. I have also tried Lowes as well.
I live in League City, too, and just finished a DIY CNC router where I plan to try my hand at some 3D milling of foam so I'd be interested in finding some of the thicker stuff as well.

TIA,
Mike
Dec 12, 2007, 11:06 PM
Oh Yeah!
Thread OP
You will have to let me know how your router works. I just bought the HobbyCNC foam cutting 4 axis kit.

Steve
Dec 12, 2007, 11:27 PM
B for Bruce
I've got the thick 2 and 3 inch stuff up here but can't find any fan fold to save my life.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence isn't it?
Dec 13, 2007, 11:16 PM
Looking for lift...
Steve,

I don't know if it matters when trying to order the foam. But the Pink Foamular foam is made by Owens Corning not Dow. All of the Dow foam that I have seen is blue. I'm also attaching a picture of the bar code for a 2" thick Foamular 250 sheet. This came from a Home Depot in Phillipsburg, NJ.

Good Luck,
Doug
Dec 14, 2007, 12:11 AM
Oh Yeah!
Thread OP
Thank you Vulture!
May 09, 2008, 02:38 PM
Oh Yeah!
Thread OP
kablair,

Ok I give up. I can't find anyone in Houston that will sell anything less than a pallet of HiLoad 60 or Foamular 600. Why all the mystery?

Steve
May 09, 2008, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC68
kablair,

Ok I give up. I can't find anyone in Houston that will sell anything less than a pallet of HiLoad 60 or Foamular 600. Why all the mystery?

Steve
Same as I found in San Diegol. I just doesn't get cold'nuff.

Here's my Rant.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851906
May 09, 2008, 08:28 PM
Embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmnstr
Same as I found in San Diegol. I just doesn't get cold'nuff.
We found a place in OC/LA that will sell singles of Hiload 60. We treat them well

Gene, if you need some we can get it if you can get it back down to SD. For the money, though, unless you're bagging light without sheeting 25 psi ('square edge') will do you just as well, is easier to get, and easier to cut.

Nauga,
who has stocked up on a variety
May 10, 2008, 04:58 PM
Oh Yeah!
Thread OP
The thing that really p*%^$$ me off is that I called both Dow and Owens to try and find a distributor for the stuff and they don't have a clue who they actually sell the stuff to. It's amazing. I have some relatives in Michigan and I figured some place up there would carry it, but nope neither Dow nor Owens could give me the name of a distributor. I guess if you live South of the Arctic circle then you can't get the stuff.

I also tried some of the "known" online stores like thermal foam and another place and I got zero response from one of them and the other place wanted almost $70/sheet shipped for a 2'x8' 2inch sheet.

Anyone want to try and do a group buy of a pallet? I think it's around $1300. I believe the largest box that UPS will work with is 2'x4'x17" or so. I checked the shipping price and it would be ~$10 to ship a box from Michigan to Texas. You could fit 4 of the 2inch sheets cut in half and ship it across the US for under $20!

There is a store in Houston that sells the stuff (read: they can order some) but you HAVE to buy it by the pallet.

Steve
May 11, 2008, 02:15 PM
i found mine at a company that does roofing and insulation in corpus christi, tx.
check at some of those types and they will usually sell you a few left over sheets from one of their jobs. i found several different thickness and densities.
May 15, 2008, 08:16 PM
Sorry Steve - no mystery, it's just that I've posted this information many times and I was always chastised for telling people who don't live in Houston how to find it in Houston...

2 sources in the Houston area, both with really friendly and helpful people:

Ryder Insulation - http://houston.citysearch.com/profil...orporated.html

Houston Foam Plastics - big site with lots of buildings so you may have to hunt around to find the office.
http://www.houstonfoam.com/

If you still can't find these, send me a PM
Good luck,

-Keith
May 26, 2008, 12:24 AM
Hi
Can anyone help me out as I am looking for foam in San diego

Roger

Quick Reply