This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 11, 2007, 10:18 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

TWO reviews coming up soon!

Wow, have I been busy!

I have not just one plane to review. I have two. In the interest of expediency, I've been working like the proverbial one-armed paper hanger to get these birds ready.

Bird number one, a hitherto unknown Carl Goldberg Yak 54 electric, shall take to the air on Thursday.

Bird number two, a VQ Model P-51 Mustang 40, is nearly finished. That plane's had a few assembly and hardware issues, but they're pretty much sorted out. I predict that Vietnam will soon be an RTF force to be reckoned with once they address some minor problems.

I haven't written Model Aviation yet regarding a letter that someone wrote regarding the laziness of those who assemble ARFs, one page over from an op-ed praising the proliferation of these models which have allowed those without the room or the time to build a kit or scratchbuilt to hone their piloting skills.

Frankly, this guy has insulted a whole lot of us and I'm calling him on it.

I've learned to fly in record time on RTFs and ARFs. I also happen to have a kit waiting in the wings; I can't wait to start in on it. For that matter, I have two assembled kits in need of repair (see my previous entry) which will require the same modeling skills a kit does. This will be a fun part of the hobby that everyone should try.

That is, if they have the room and the time.

Doesn't sound like laziness to me.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Dec 11, 2007 at 10:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply