Jan 09, 2008, 11:34 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun

Flutter-By

Here are a couple of images of my Flutter-By with the lights I got from Lazertoyz. I can turn the landing lights off and on via the gear switch.

Many thanks to my bride, Susan, for taking these images especially the ones at night. It wasn't very warm that evening.
Conehead
Honor, MI
Last edited by Conehead; Jan 09, 2008 at 11:40 PM. Reason: I goofed, forgot to save changes, this is new to me
to remove ads between posts
Jan 16, 2008, 10:55 PM
Registered Foam Abuser

Acromaster

Here is my Acromaster. It's also got a curtek system installed but not on in the pictures. The curtek system lights up the tail group. It actually looks better the further away it gets. It's got insane amount of power(740watts) and is one sweet flying plane. It's got yellow LEDs on top, blue on botom, red on left wing, green on right wing. Curtek lights are red on left top tail group, green on right top tail group, flashing blue on bottom of tail group.

Changes to come, move the three yellow lights in canopy to rear fuse area, add two white LEDs to canopy.
Jan 16, 2008, 11:13 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Nice Acro!! Did you have to drill out the slots for the LEDs? I am about to do a mini mag very similar, but was thinking of pushing the lights all the way through the fuse from the inside. However, I like the glow effect you have. Well done... Looking forward to the pics with the curtek lights, even though I don't know what they are

Diggs
Jan 17, 2008, 07:44 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
Diggs, the Acromaster is a little different than the Minimag. The wings are hollow and the fuse is more hollow than the Minimag. I do know that you can still put the LEDs into solid foam and it will have the glow effect. I joke around with my clubmates (all electric field) that I'm going to bring my "glow" plane to the field .
Jan 17, 2008, 07:53 PM
Ah. Didn't realize that.. Cool deal. Take it to the field, I take mine When everyone is packing up, I am still flying!

Diggs
Jan 18, 2008, 08:27 AM
How do I change this text?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggiba
I joke around with my clubmates (all electric field) that I'm going to bring my "glow" plane to the field .
Nice pun. I'm going to steal that one and use it if you don't mind.
Jan 29, 2008, 10:41 AM
There is no place like Hodges!
Here is mine!
Jan 30, 2008, 01:10 PM
Doppler wrangler
Here is my HZ Supercub with a custom light kit. Lights are controlled via the x-port button and have 4 different lighting modes. Lights are very bright and can see them 1500ft away no problem!

If anyone is interested you can get a kit here:
http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/product...erCubNight.php

Here are some pics:

Here are a couple videos of the lights in action:
Hobbyzone Super Cub night lights demo (0 min 30 sec)

Hobbyzone Super Cub night landing (0 min 13 sec)

Hobbyzone Super Cub night takeoff (0 min 30 sec)
Feb 16, 2008, 06:10 PM

my night flyer

Heres my first night flyer.Its a Superfly with 52 ultra bright LEDs.I have now flown it about 15 times,Its not a problem when viewed from underneath,but the leds on top are so bright that you get dazzled by them and can lose orientation.
Feb 16, 2008, 09:00 PM
How do I change this text?
Great nightflyer, oldkiteman. And I love the long exposure shots. Going to have to try that sometime.
Feb 16, 2008, 09:26 PM
Nice!!! I just bought two SF kits from Graves RC, both very old brushed setups. I know what I am doing with one of them now!! I thought the SF would make a great night flyer. Great pics, thanks for sharing I think :P

Add another project to the pile.

Diggs
Feb 18, 2008, 02:20 PM
IF ani't broken, don't fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
My Slow Stick with Lights. Here's a short video too, before I added the lights on the edges.
http://www.smoothjazzy.com/video/Slo...Night_0001.wmv
Hello ,nice video ,nice model,keep up the good work jazz!
Feb 18, 2008, 09:04 PM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish07
Hello ,nice video ,nice model,keep up the good work jazz!
Hey thanks

Did I post this one yet? I added even more lights

O Noes!!! Aliens!!! (3 min 21 sec)
Feb 23, 2008, 06:59 PM

Super Zoom nighty

Here are some night shots from Israel with Super Zoom (4 drivers on the plane and 7 glow wires).

Video :

Super Zoom Glow Wire - My Best Flight (4 min 45 sec)

Super Zoom Glow Wire - Test Flight (3 min 24 sec)
Last edited by sharonx; Feb 27, 2008 at 12:55 AM.
Feb 23, 2008, 11:21 PM
FXR
FXR
Very cool wing, orientation seems to be easier at night when the lights are setup properly.

Quick Reply