Dec 16, 2007, 07:07 PM
Hodgehound # 3
This is totally off topic, but until 6 months ago, I thought Chuck Mangione was a character in "King of the Hill" only
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2007, 07:10 PM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone
This is totally off topic, but until 6 months ago, I thought Chuck Mangione was a character in "King of the Hill" only
Funny... he was kinda popular when I was younger...
Dec 18, 2007, 06:13 PM
How do I change this text?
Just replaced all the magnet wire on my lights with the small wire from a phone cord. While I was at it, I decided to put on some brighter lights and change the color scheme. Before and after pics below. New light system AUW (including solder, resistors, wire and LEDs) weighs 0.95 ounces; old system was 0.75 ounces.
Dec 19, 2007, 03:29 PM
K4UAV

some of my planes...

Here are a couple...
-dave
Last edited by dalbert02; Dec 19, 2007 at 10:20 PM.
Dec 19, 2007, 05:00 PM
Herr Cloud Ranger....LEDs? Looks like luminus wire in the wings. More detail please!

That is by far the best lookin plane yet!
Dec 19, 2007, 10:25 PM
K4UAV
Thanks. I got a little carried away typing LED LED LED... You are correct, the blue one is glow wire. I think LEDs are better as glow wire introduces some noise and can cause glitches, LEDs are noise free. Nothing really specially about them, just wired the wires through the wings and then covered them. I used the thinnnest magnet wire they sold at radio shack and put a resistor on each LED. They are all wired in parallel off a 5v Dimension Engineering BEC seperate from the Rx/ESC's BEC. Here is a video:

http://www.bijouxdesigns.com/video/n...ight_final.wmv

The other one uses Ultra Violette LEDs pointed at the airframe that was painted with flourescent paint. Also powered by a seperate BEC.

-dave

PS I think Eran's is the best so far, I'm really diggin' the checkerboard effect!
Dec 19, 2007, 10:47 PM
Retardedly intelligent
Thread OP
oooooo, dalbert02 those are pretty i especially like the UV LED one
Dec 20, 2007, 05:56 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalbert02
Thanks. I got a little carried away typing LED LED LED... You are correct, the blue one is glow wire. I think LEDs are better as glow wire introduces some noise and can cause glitches, LEDs are noise free. Nothing really specially about them, just wired the wires through the wings and then covered them. I used the thinnnest magnet wire they sold at radio shack and put a resistor on each LED. They are all wired in parallel off a 5v Dimension Engineering BEC seperate from the Rx/ESC's BEC. Here is a video:

http://www.bijouxdesigns.com/video/n...ight_final.wmv

The other one uses Ultra Violette LEDs pointed at the airframe that was painted with flourescent paint. Also powered by a seperate BEC.

-dave

PS I think Eran's is the best so far, I'm really diggin' the checkerboard effect!

Dave,

What type of paint did you use? I have been trying to find something either Glo or Flo that is foam safe. Would love something that glows with UV. Also how bright is it? I like how LEDs put out so much light, but curious how well you can see the florescent paint at a distance? Is it brighter than Glow/El wire?

Thanks for any input.
Diggs
Dec 20, 2007, 06:50 PM
K4UAV
I airbrush the paint on using water based airbrush paint I bought at Pearls Arts and Crafts. You could probably buy something similar at any art/craft store that sells airbrush equipment. I have not found any foam friendly glow in the dark paint. The glow paint I did buy was very expensive ($25/oz) and not as bright as flourescent paint.
-dave
Dec 21, 2007, 03:47 AM
MX
MX
Embedded Systems Engineer

Give me a light - no, BugLights

Here's my lighting control board installed on my LightFlite bug. Hope to get some actual flight tomorrow night.

Video is here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...81#post8771404

MX
Dec 21, 2007, 04:41 PM
check the crazyplanes ...

... fly me to the moon

Hi together,

last night ... cold and clear ... moon shining bright...

Have a look to my new night - kite - video

http://www.crazyplanes.de/drache11.wmv

illuminated by 73 LEDs ... flying to the moon .

flattermann
Last edited by flattermann; Dec 21, 2007 at 04:47 PM.
Dec 21, 2007, 05:05 PM
How do I change this text?
Nice, flatterman. That looks like a good, stable flyer.
Dec 22, 2007, 10:07 PM
K4UAV
Yes Flatterman, that is great! I like how slowly she flies, almost hovers. What plane is that? I like it alot.
-dave
Dec 23, 2007, 02:08 PM
Restricted User
Darth, Dave,
"whiste-blowing mode on:"
Flatterman is the actual holder of the "querdenker-trophy" (lateral thinking trophy), which is the main trophy of the yearly pan-european Inter-Ex event.
"whiste-blowing mode off:"
Visit Inter-Ex and have some fun: http://www.inter-ex.com/
Stephan

Quick Reply