New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Dec 10, 2007, 09:02 PM
Ron Cate is offline
Find More Posts by Ron Cate
Registered User
Question

Sailplane decals for car windows ?


Does any one know where I could get a sailplane decal ?

Thanks, Ron Cate
dutchmann30@wmconnect.com
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2007, 09:32 PM
jfrickie is offline
Find More Posts by jfrickie
Registered User
jfrickie's Avatar
Jim Brandon at www. theshope.net.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:20 PM
LVsoaring is online now
Find More Posts by LVsoaring
It's gonna be YUGE!!!
LVsoaring's Avatar
fairly easy to find on flea bay too......
Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:21 PM
may fly is offline
Find More Posts by may fly
Registered User
Look in the adds in the back pages of SSA's Soaring magazine.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 11:36 PM
Wind Shadow is offline
Find More Posts by Wind Shadow
Registered User
Wind Shadow's Avatar

Check out these...


I had these folks do up a couple of designs for a homebuilt I recently completed...excellent work! Go to:

http://stores.ebay.com/Bluff-Design-...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I have a dark tinted window in the back of my SUV---the decal almost has a 3-D look, kinda' looks like it is embedded in the glass!
Check 'em out.........

Wind Shadow
Old Dec 10, 2007, 11:38 PM
BrianSmith is online now
Find More Posts by BrianSmith
<>< AKA W4BPS

Window sailplane/soaring decals for my van


I too am looking for some, and not finding anything good so far.. I looked on "flea" bay too.. Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Cate
Does any one know where I could get a sailplane decal ?

Thanks, Ron Cate
dutchmann30@wmconnect.com
Old Dec 11, 2007, 01:12 AM
mlee8249 is offline
Find More Posts by mlee8249
Fly R/C writer
Hi Guys,

I make one. It is a generic "T" tail design. I just got a new cutter, and so I can make these as large as you need...within reason. I don't make things that are big enough to wrap around the car. The normal one I sell is about 16" wingspan. Longer if you wish.

Thanks!
Mike Lee
Old Dec 11, 2007, 11:51 AM
georgeg is offline
Find More Posts by georgeg
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee8249
Hi Guys,

I make one. It is a generic "T" tail design. I just got a new cutter, and so I can make these as large as you need...within reason. I don't make things that are big enough to wrap around the car. The normal one I sell is about 16" wingspan. Longer if you wish.

Thanks!
Mike Lee
Could you post a picture of your design?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2007, 11:36 PM
mlee8249 is offline
Find More Posts by mlee8249
Fly R/C writer
Hi George,

Here is a photo I took of the decal stuck to a door in my house. Shooting the decal on the window doesn't work too well. Sorry for the odd color of the photo. Indoor lighting. The decal can be cut in larger sizes, as this one has the 16 inch wingspan. Also, I can cut it using red, white, blue, yellow and green right now. Most guys use white as it shows up well against tinted windows. 16 inch ones go for $5.00 plus $1.00 mailing cost. Unfortunately, I do have to fold them to get them into the envelope, but this will not hurt the vinyl.

Mike Lee
Old Dec 12, 2007, 04:11 PM
aeajr is offline
Find More Posts by aeajr
Proud member of LISF and ESL
Hummm, stickers for the car. I like the idea
Old Dec 12, 2007, 04:13 PM
BrianSmith is online now
Find More Posts by BrianSmith
<>< AKA W4BPS

Decals


Sent you a Pm for two, Mike.. Brian


Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee8249
Hi George,

Here is a photo I took of the decal stuck to a door in my house. Shooting the decal on the window doesn't work too well. Sorry for the odd color of the photo. Indoor lighting. The decal can be cut in larger sizes, as this one has the 16 inch wingspan. Also, I can cut it using red, white, blue, yellow and green right now. Most guys use white as it shows up well against tinted windows. 16 inch ones go for $5.00 plus $1.00 mailing cost. Unfortunately, I do have to fold them to get them into the envelope, but this will not hurt the vinyl.

Mike Lee
Old Dec 23, 2007, 11:39 PM
serpnt_flyer is offline
Find More Posts by serpnt_flyer
Registered User
Check out http://www.callie-graphics.com , Callie's always got new projects going on.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 09:19 AM
LRFitch is offline
Find More Posts by LRFitch
Registered User

Glider decals


I have a few that were cut by Steve Dentz. These are vinyl material. I have a 4 ft one across the rear window of my pickup bed shell, and a couple 8ft ones on either side of my airplane hauler trailer. The one on the pickup is white, and the ones on the white trailer are dark blue.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cockpit decals for P-51D Steve Fehr Scale Kit/Scratch Built 19 Jul 12, 2008 07:43 PM
Looking for Sailplane Suitable for Astro 010...... Steve McBride Electric Sailplanes 21 Jun 03, 2002 04:56 PM
Looking for Sailplane/Warmliner for 10x2400 packs Mitch G Electric Sailplanes 10 Mar 29, 2002 12:56 PM
Free decals for your Micro-Heli – Get here… born2net Electric Heli Talk 9 Mar 25, 2002 01:46 PM