The big brown truck came.. - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by Hostage-46, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 06, 2007, 11:12 PM
Hit my smoke....
Discussion

The big brown truck came..

ACP supplies showed up a few days ago. The only thing left is the fuse, another week or so.

I've just about completed my stabs. I'm very pleased with them. They have the proper shape and look of the Genie, but have a carbon spar and leading edge per the great Ed Whyte, who's stabs I've been flying for a few seasons on the Sapphire. Just need to sand them a bit more, I'll wait on covering for now. As noted before, I'll also wait on the fuse before I start on the rudder.

Been traveling a bit for work. I watched some Phil video on the way back from MKE this evening. This was good prep for this weekend.

This weekend I'll begin working on the "reference wing" Les sent me some extra pieces of Supra cores to play with, they had flaws in them, perfect to practice on.

I'll build a center section and wing tip for practice. To save $$ the spar cap will be hard balsa, only partially wrapped. I'll make one set of joiner boxes, cut and face aileron & flaps. I'll only use glass, no carbon, it's too pricey. IT's sort of a dry run to get the process down.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply