Dec 03, 2007, 06:19 PM
Slope convert/addict
Thread OP
Discussion

Aerofever Salto 2.68M

Just noticed this addition to the aerofever glider range:

www.aero-fever.net

Salto 2.68M Scale Slope Glider ARF

Looks like a recent addition to the DG-1000 and ASW 28, although a bit more expensive. Anyone know anything about this one, or is it too new for feedback ?
Last edited by DelUK; Dec 04, 2007 at 04:08 AM. Reason: typo
to remove ads between posts
Dec 03, 2007, 06:37 PM
I noticed it too. It may be just the picture, but the canopy looks a bit small and the wheel well over sized. Flying looks good according to the video.
Dec 03, 2007, 08:06 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Damb it , looks like I gotta order that one now already got the asw28 and the DG1000
SteveW
Dec 03, 2007, 08:31 PM
Are you serious?
Steve
What performs better, the DG or ASW?

The Salto looks nice!

Steve
Last edited by Miraj; Dec 03, 2007 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Add
Dec 04, 2007, 02:12 AM
Just ordered the Salto.
The DG1000 flies very well once a few setup issues are sorted the ASW28 is my favorite and does everything well was even considering getting another to set up for aero tow but now I got me a Salto coming
SteveW
Dec 04, 2007, 03:54 AM
Slope convert/addict
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wenban
Just ordered the Salto.
The DG1000 flies very well once a few setup issues are sorted the ASW28 is my favorite and does everything well was even considering getting another to set up for aero tow but now I got me a Salto coming
SteveW
Blimey, you don't waste any time Steve. Look forward to hearing about it.

Deryck
Dec 04, 2007, 06:40 AM
Slope convert/addict
Thread OP
Looks like Albert at Aerofever has some more (FlyFly) goodies coming his way. Spotted this together with the Salto in the new products part of the Aerofever forum:

3m Condor Magic sailplane (coming soon).

Video of said glider in action too.

http://www.aero-fever.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7
Dec 04, 2007, 09:57 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
mmmmmm.....this one looks sweet, especially considering it has a decent 10mm carbon wing rod. Gonna have to try one out!

Doubletap
Dec 04, 2007, 12:26 PM
fly high ,land well
I wonder if they plan on going to 4m scale models? Harvey
Dec 04, 2007, 02:50 PM
Well Deryck,
Strike while the irons hot they say I may go the extra effort on this and install aerotow capability depending how good the layup is on this . I know I'll beef it up the same as the ohter 2 before doing anything else the wing joiners dont seem to be to bad and the load is pretty well spread in the wing so I hope this ones the same and I dont have to rip it out and replace it like the Discus,but not like thats a hard mod either .
SteveW
Dec 04, 2007, 03:00 PM
Slope convert/addict
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern soarer uk
I wonder if they plan on going to 4m scale models? Harvey
I was wondering the same thing myself. I may be tempted to dabble with the 4M class if the price was right. I think I'm getting a bit carried away however. I need to get myself a nice 2.5m scalie first and 'refine' my technique perhaps. Also need to upgrade my Tx from 4ch as I have no flap/airbraking capability at the moment.
Dec 04, 2007, 08:12 PM
Fly It Like You Stole It!
Hey there Al - You KNOW I loves me the Saltos! The price is right, but I wonder what shipping would be like to California. Where does it come from..?

Cheers! Raul
Dec 04, 2007, 08:22 PM
Honkers Raul it cost me $52 USD to ship by EMS to Australia
SteveW
Dec 04, 2007, 08:44 PM
Fly It Like You Stole It!
Hey there Steve. $52 USD doesn't seem to bad if it's coming from Canada to Australia. It'll probably be about the same to California - a MUCH shorter trip, but my experience with icare is that it won't necessarily be much cheaper to ship here.

Good news is Doubletap is a friend and if he's got one coming, I'll very possibly be there for the maiden! That lad has got ONE HELL of a glider collection!

Thanks Steve - Cheers!
Dec 04, 2007, 10:55 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wylchyl
Hey there Al - You KNOW I loves me the Saltos! The price is right, but I wonder what shipping would be like to California. Where does it come from..?

Cheers! Raul
Raul,

Shipping to our neck of the woods is $47 and change so delivered price is around $215. It's coming from Hong Kong. I already sent Alan the link; I know he's looking for a Salto too, and the price is right! It looked good in the video; seemed to carry alot of energy into the multiple loops with not much entry speed. Also , they put a much beefier (10 mm carbon) joiner in this one than previous models; that's what sold me. Why don't you order one also and maybe we'll have 3 of them to fly together, yeah?

Doubletap

Quick Reply