1st land sailer - Screaming Reach - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jan 01, 2008, 02:47 AM
Bill

thanks looking forward to my plans. 16 pages of build instructions i'll sail on the parking lot i used to race on, and seeing as there are no gears involved (as in my serpent's) i don't have to bring my leaf blower, and give the lot a blow job. there's a hours worth of extra sailing. not to mention the weight of the blower in hand for a hour.

even with the trees, and the mall in front of me there was always alot of wind there.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2008, 06:58 PM
Member: GSPL
Doomracing, you have a pm

Jeff
Jul 25, 2016, 03:29 PM

Reviving an old thread

Have been out of RC for a while. So, to get back in the game I dusted off my old RC land sailer project and started building again.

Pretty much finished except for rigging, covering, painting, and radio.

Anyways, here is a photo.
Jul 25, 2016, 04:51 PM
Having built a custom winged ice boat, here's what I learned. You'll need some taper in that wing, and an ability to twist it (sections). Otherwise it will flip over uncontrollably. Good luck, looks fun.

Read about (with pics and video) our adventures here:
http://crya.ca/frozen-chosen/
Jul 25, 2016, 05:43 PM
Thanks! I'll first build it according to the plans and see what happens then modify.

I do know that the record setting ice/land boats, like Greenbird & Windjet, use a two piece wing where the top pivots just like your sail in your video.

Nice looking boats you have there.

RC Wing Ice Sailing (1 min 32 sec)
Mar 02, 2017, 06:39 PM
Yes, I am still working on this. Wing is covered, sorry but I have become the slowest builder on the planet. Lots of things going on.

Jeff
Aug 08, 2017, 03:00 PM
Well, I'm slowly getting there. Final rigging and radio install to go.