Aug 29, 2008, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Matos
Hi,
What you are seeing is the bypass current for those cells. Think of it as a crowded freeway. The 6.49A current to pack represents the total traffic on the freeway, the 1.0A, .38A, and 1.0A just got off the highway to go around the congestion. When the cells are even, the 1.0A, .38A, and 1.0A will drop to 0, (full current is flowing to all cells) representing they got back on the freeway. This is an easy way to understand what is going on.
Hi,
Could you explain why from time to time, ALL the cells or a pack are bleeding some current at the same time? Does not happen all the time but I see it from time to time on my charger. Please enlighten me, thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2008, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Matos
Hi,
What you are seeing is the bypass current for those cells. Think of it as a crowded freeway. The 6.49A current to pack represents the total traffic on the freeway, the 1.0A, .38A, and 1.0A just got off the highway to go around the congestion. When the cells are even, the 1.0A, .38A, and 1.0A will drop to 0, (full current is flowing to all cells) representing they got back on the freeway. This is an easy way to understand what is going on.
yeahhh, thanx, Clives confirmation was enough
Aug 31, 2008, 12:07 AM
I have the balancepro 6s charger. Can someone tell me when the adapter boards will be available for this charger? They have been saying soon on the site forever. I know they have the cellpro ones, but I'm wondering about the specific ones for this charger that do 6S and above and the ones made to let you charge two batteries.

EDIT: I see on the site they do have the adapters to do up to 6S for the cellpro 10S, what about for 10S? And what about for doing multiple packs at the same time?

Also, to update the firmware, do you need the computer module thing?
Last edited by robl45; Aug 31, 2008 at 11:22 AM.
Aug 31, 2008, 09:30 AM
AA6JB
Thread OP
To update the firmware on the CP10S, yes you do need the computer interface.

Perhaps Howard can help you with the first part of your question?
Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub
Aug 31, 2008, 11:45 AM
are there any other chargers on the market like this besides the cellpro/DN Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
I have a DN Power chager as well and that is a nice feacture however itr is a true multi channel charger. So you use one channel per cell or the sum of three channel to charge a 3S in series mode.

The Cell Pro 10 is a series charger however it will only go into the charge mode if it detects voltage on the balancing leads. In other words it charges on the packs neg and posituve but only if there is voltage present on all tap leads. If you tried to use the first and last contacts (neg. and pos.) of a 3S then the charger looks for voltage input on the matching 4 balancing leads. No voltage on balancing leads no charge.
Simple terms . no balancing leads no charge this goes for Cell Pro 10 cell Pro 4 and Balance Pro HD (discontinued).

Charles
Aug 31, 2008, 12:27 PM
Southern Pride
Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45
are there any other chargers on the market like this besides the cellpro/DN Power?

Sorry I do not understand your question.

The DN Power is a true multi channel charger which can also be use as a series charger.

The Cell Pro 10 is a Series charger that is also a balancing charger.

They are two grossly different kinds of chargers.

Charles
Aug 31, 2008, 12:37 PM
I thougt the FMA chargers are true multichannel chargers as well.

Quote:
Sorry I do not understand your question.

The DN Power is a true multi channel charger which can also be use as a series charger.

The Cell Pro 10 is a Series charger that is also a balancing charger.

They are two grossly different kinds of chargers.

Charles
Aug 31, 2008, 01:29 PM
Don't be scared, fly it!
My 10s is going to love these!

Robert
Aug 31, 2008, 01:56 PM
Southern Pride
Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45
I thougt the FMA chargers are true multichannel chargers as well.
Seems like a lot of people have that impression. yes I have read that cell Pros charge each cell seperately but . it is just not true. Cell pros series charge and bleed the cells just like Thunder Power,1010 ,610, Hyperion DUO and many other chargers.

Look at some of the many Cell Pro 10 charging graphs which I have posted. many clearly show up to 1A being bleed from one or more cells. A true multi channel charger does not bleed current to balance it merely reduces the charge rate to the higer voltage cell(S).

Charles
Aug 31, 2008, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Seems like a lot of people have that impression. yes I have read that cell Pros charge each cell seperately but . it is just not true. Cell pros series charge and bleed the cells just like Thunder Power,1010 ,610, Hyperion DUO and many other chargers.

Look at some of the many Cell Pro 10 charging graphs which I have posted. many clearly show up to 1A being bleed from one or more cells. A true multi channel charger does not bleed current to balance it merely reduces the charge rate to the higer voltage cell(S).

Charles
I can confirm that is true with the CellPro 4S as I took the time to reverse engineer the schematic for it. Some day I'll do the same for the CellPro 10S which should prove interesting.
Aug 31, 2008, 02:32 PM
well my balancepro 6s definately balances alot better than other chargers I have used, this is interesting. The charger talks to the balancer right?

Quote:

Charles
Aug 31, 2008, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM732
I can confirm that is true with the CellPro 4S as I took the time to reverse engineer the schematic for it. Some day I'll do the same for the CellPro 10S which should prove interesting.
Yikes!
Aug 31, 2008, 03:16 PM
A man with too many toys
What is the maximum charge rate of the CP10s for a 6s A123 battery?

Is there a chart that tells the charge rate for various cell counts (LiPo and A123)?
Last edited by RC Man; Aug 31, 2008 at 03:45 PM.
Aug 31, 2008, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
What is the maximum charge rate for a 6s A123 battery?

Is there a chart that tells the charge rate for various cell counts (LiPo and A123)?
The same charge rate that you would use for 1S or 100S.

http://a123systems.textdriven.com/pr...UGUST_2008.pdf
Aug 31, 2008, 03:47 PM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM732
The same charge rate that you would use for 1S or 100S.

http://a123systems.textdriven.com/pr...UGUST_2008.pdf
Ok my question was not clear. Will the CP10s charge a 6s A123 battery at 10 amps?

Quick Reply