Dec 08, 2007, 01:49 AM
Quote:
If I get out of work early enough I might head up to Dave's Beach...anybody interested in some gusty/gutsy combat? If not I'll stay local and hit up Cardiff cliffs, aka Campgrounds. today is Friday, Dec 6.
Hey James, I can't fly this weekend (finals). But I would be up to meeting up next weekend. Let me know. Oh and dont forget a summary of your slopes tomorrow

-Bryan
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2007, 03:12 PM
On the banana boat
Im on my way to Blossom Valley, 1 stop at Gillespie Field to pick up some planes.
Should be up there around 1:00 or 2:00

Philip
Dec 08, 2007, 03:59 PM
Jim in San Diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamer1
one, two, three, words
George, at first I was going to say what a great post but a bit off topic until I re-read the thread title. Sure we want this thread to be about getting together and flying with each other but it's good to remember what a great history San Diego has with soaring/sloping. Thanks for sharing the story.

Here's another great piece of SD flying history that many aren't aware of. Noted as the first controlled winged flight of man...http://history.sandiego.edu/gen/local/montgomery.html

Jim
Dec 08, 2007, 04:21 PM
Jim in San Diego
Probably headed to Poway today.
Dec 08, 2007, 08:22 PM
prime5659
Fun times at Poway today When I first got there I measured the wind with my anemometer and it was 15-20.
Maxed out the moth's ballast tube!
Nice to meet you guys (Jim and Kevin). Kind of spotty towards the end. Going tomorrow?
Dec 08, 2007, 08:31 PM
S.L.O.P.E.
spent a nice morning and early afternoon at Dave's beach. took a bunch of pictures with the new camera- will try and download them either late tonight or tomorrow.

Greg
Dec 09, 2007, 12:06 AM
Jim in San Diego
Great meeting you Rex. Sorry we missed the best part of the day but glad you got it. We still had a good time and just got out of there after dark while being hit with a few drops.

Greg, take a picture of the camera so we can see it
Dec 09, 2007, 01:39 AM
S.L.O.P.E.
You know Jim- I'm tempted to take a picure of it in the mirror and post it just to spite you!

It's a Nikon D80 and I'm currently downloading to my PC the 391 pics taking today at Dave's beach. Should be a decent one in there!
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismo
Great meeting you Rex. Sorry we missed the best part of the day but glad you got it. We still had a good time and just got out of there after dark while being hit with a few drops.

Greg, take a picture of the camera so we can see it
Dec 09, 2007, 10:52 AM
Gravity sucks
Nice pics, Greg. Wish I could have gotten away from the office to fly during these past few windy days. Ah, well...maybe after Christmas.

Mike
Dec 09, 2007, 01:36 PM
Jim in San Diego
Looks like the D80 takes great shots. Still don't see one of it Wind looks like it was crankin'.

Sorry to hear about the freq hits I really hope it's something else and not some freak. Has everyone checked out all of the radios that were on when the plane started acting strange or when it went down? I've seen really strange things up on our hill that I would have swore was someone down in the school field but once investigated turned out to be our radios. Lot's of things can happen with all that "FM" going on. And I don't mean Frequency Modulation.

Jim
Dec 09, 2007, 10:01 PM
San Diego North County

Hang Glider at Dave's Beach

I have the Nikon D70S and love it. Perfect for someone who knows nothing about photography.

I got a few pictures of the dude flying the hang glider at Dave's beach on Saturday.

Robert
Dec 10, 2007, 03:29 PM
Greg looks like the camera works awesome. Love the pic.
Dec 10, 2007, 04:35 PM
ALL IN !
MERRY XMAS

http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1259308805

u can make fun later LOL
Dec 10, 2007, 09:21 PM

Camera work

Nice shots Greg and Robert! While your cameras may be nice,
"It's the pilot not the plane"

Quick Reply