Dec 01, 2007, 11:33 PM
Cool! Stayed at Hilton Suites by S.D. airport. Way nice, even had a trash compactor! Not too expensive, either. I feel a road trip comin' on.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2007, 12:21 AM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
anybody doing blossom tomorow.
Dec 02, 2007, 02:11 AM
Hey Joe this is Chris, it was awesome having you join the crew with us at Daves beach. Not sure where you fly in NY but you've got great skills and awesome planes. You made the day extra special.

Everyone else, you guys are awesome. Looks like the slying season is getting started in good order. It can rain like that all winter as long as the wind after each storm is like that!

I got a lot of video of everyone today. Putting it together now, and will try and get it posted soon.
Dec 02, 2007, 02:12 AM
S.L.O.P.E.
My first video post includes joe's Mirage maiden and some Dave's beach video as well

Enjoy!

Greg

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...94#post8656258
Dec 02, 2007, 02:46 AM
ALL IN !
Greg, That was great. I dance good LOL
Last edited by Louied; Dec 02, 2007 at 02:56 AM.
Dec 02, 2007, 11:02 AM
NY Slope Dog
It's the "Louie two step!"

PS: I almost stuck the landing right into a bench!
Dec 02, 2007, 12:47 PM
Is it DS'able?
Thread OP
I knew I should have left Hodges earlier...I had the p38 and p51 to add to the mini PSS fest. Oh well, next storm.

was that the mirage doing the massive pumps at Del Mar in the video? Cool.
Dec 02, 2007, 02:11 PM
Whats the call for today?
Dec 02, 2007, 03:04 PM
Jim in San Diego
Now I'm feeling like that guy that watched everyone catch the best set while waiting for the better one. Oh well. Maybe next storm. Glad you all had fun!

Not sure I'm going to make it out today either but if I do it'll be late Poway.
Dec 02, 2007, 03:07 PM
ALL IN !
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbus
Whats the call for today?
Stay Home drink a beer for ur health and build..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21778634/
Dec 02, 2007, 05:27 PM
S.L.O.P.E.
Looks like pretty good wind speed up in North County but direction is way too far north for most of the sites...

Louie- glad you liked it!

Joe wasn't close to the bench- he just showed Ed and I how with the right moves you can get a landing Mirage to "bunny hop" a park bench!

Greg
Dec 02, 2007, 09:28 PM
Wooooohooooo Maidened my flaperized carbon mach dart today. Got the Dave's at noonish, no body there, wind was straight in about 10 mph based on my calibrated eye balls. Threw out the Shark to warm up (sure loves snap flaps) then threw out the Mach Dart and it was nose heavy based on the CG in the instructions. Took out 1.25 oz from the nose and increased the flaps in crow plus more down elevator in crow and threw out again. Still nose heavy then the wind started to shift north which stopped the fun. Need another good day to nail the CG and Crow.

Ended up running with the Cbad crew to Spyglass - Bumpy, so then to the wall which as smooth as silk but a bit west, but the moths were lovin it.
Dec 02, 2007, 09:56 PM
Great video Greg. Loved your angles. I put mine together that cronologicaled the day but having trouble You Tubing it. I think I have it figured out and am uploading it right now. So if I can get it to work I will get it posted!

Today James and I scored some fun slope and DSing at Poway. No wind when we pulled up at about 1pm, and then it just started blowing. Straight west for quite a while and then started to get northy. But it was all good. Finally, started to get the DS thing figured out and a few circits with 4-5 laps. Some of the best adrenaline rushes I have ever felt. Hopefully, I won't get to addicted. We'll see.
Dec 02, 2007, 10:08 PM
I had a cool experience with one of the neighbors when I was trying to slip the lock at the gate. The guy at the second house from the end walked up and said "What are you doing trying to jimmy the lock. Hold on let me get you the key!!!" He opened the gate for me a James and said they just put the gate up to keep the trashy people from leaving empty beer bottles and condoms out there. He said to just not close the gate all the way so we can get back out.

He also said next time if you see one of the neighbors out there to ask them to open the gate. Although I think he is the only cool one there, because when James and I came back the neighbor next door to him yelled over to us not to leave the gate unlocked. I told him that I just closed it all the way, and that his neighbor said it was alright. He was about to say something else when the cool neighbor chimed in and told him it was alright these guys are cool. The uptight neighbor started to argue with him, but the cool guy told him he didn't want to have to come over there and kick his ass or something like that, and just laughed it off. Pretty classic. The cool guy waved at us when we drove away and the uptight guy just stared at me as I waive at him.

Anyway I think we all need to pitch in and buy Christmas baskets or something for the four houses there. I know I am going to buy the cool neighbor one!
Dec 03, 2007, 02:05 AM
Sorry guys, the video is over 10 minutes and youtube won't let me post it. Anyone know a different way to get it done?

Quick Reply