May 10, 2009, 01:21 PM
RC Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood
And 11th st Del Mar, Torrey North, Poway, Tierrasanta, Laguna, Sunset Cliffs, Lake Hodges, Garfield, Instant Lift (Qualcomm). And that's just for starters in San Diego.
The entire Southland all the way up to Santa Barbara has great spots to fly. Try getting out away from Blossom once in a while. You'll be surprised.

mw
I don't always have tiem to go to otherp laces, plus Blossom is close to me
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2009, 01:22 PM
Just some guy, you know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosta
You tried to take a Tercel up Blossom?! Holy crap! That's hilarious... how did you get up the curb? Haha that's awesome.

And that's no reason to not go out to the hill! I flew at Blossom for about a year before I got 4WD. I hiked up a much shorter route than the 4x4 trail is and it's about a 6 to 10 minute hike. I have posted a picture with the hiking trail highlighted at some point in this thread... I'll find it and post it in a little while.
Heh,.. I got up the curb no problem,.. that car has gone places allot of trucks get stuck,.. having a small wheelbase comes in handy sometimes.

My friend has a lifted truck, sitting on 35 inch tires, with lockers front and rear - so I may make it back out there if I can convince him to bring that down.

You guys are about 60 miles from me though,.. so it's a bit of a drive to get there.

Whiskey
May 10, 2009, 05:39 PM
Posse Board member
When you say openly fly is that like being openly gay?or are you saying were all a bunch of closet flyers? ,,,,sorry to many mamosas at the moms brunch.
May 10, 2009, 07:01 PM
RC Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip1dog
When you say openly fly is that like being openly gay?or are you saying were all a bunch of closet flyers? ,,,,sorry to many mamosas at the moms brunch.
LOL no. Open flying as in you can just show up and fly, with no field membership
May 10, 2009, 07:08 PM
Wiskey

I live about 15min from Hodges, let me know when you want to go I'll show you were the site is.

Tom
May 10, 2009, 08:32 PM
I'd Rather Fly
The air races were awesome! Uploading pictures now...
May 11, 2009, 12:31 AM
RC Guru
I have even more pictures to upload on my hard drive
May 11, 2009, 01:19 AM
Just some guy, you know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb4004
Wiskey

I live about 15min from Hodges, let me know when you want to go I'll show you were the site is.

Tom
Awesome dude! You rock,.. I'll send you a PM

Whiskey
May 11, 2009, 04:11 PM
Just some guy, you know?
I just ordered a Weasel Evo!!!! I'm so excited!!

Whiskey
May 11, 2009, 06:28 PM
Is it DS'able?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiskey
I just ordered a Weasel Evo!!!! I'm so excited!!

Whiskey
"...and he just can't hide it!"

-James
May 11, 2009, 07:24 PM
Is Hodges open yet? Anyone know?
May 11, 2009, 10:34 PM
Posse Board member
And the crowd goes wild ,WR MIZZARD what do we have for contestant number 3 ,,,,,,[drum roll please]beeeeeehind doooooooor number 2
May 12, 2009, 05:24 PM
I'd Rather Fly
Headed out to Blossom now... anyone gonna meet me up there?
May 13, 2009, 09:30 PM
Just some guy, you know?
I picked up a Spectrum DX6i radio today, and an extra receiver for the Weasel that's on it's way,.. I'm told that this is much better than my first choice which was Futaba,.. looks like I've been out of it a bit too long.

I also heard about the Poway flying spot,.. and managed to find it,.. though there was nobody there - do people still fly over there now that that gate went up? The one by the school off poway rd?

Whiskey
May 13, 2009, 09:33 PM
I'd Rather Fly
Every now and then we have a poway combat day and there are tons of people up there for those. I think there's only a few locals that fly there with any degree of regularity... Pismo (Jim) comes to mind, but I don't know how often he gets out there. You are most likely to find people either at Dave's Beach, Torrey Pines, or Blossom Valley. The latter two are the big lift sites in San Diego and Carlsbad isn't too bad either. For the times I've been there, it seems like Poway takes some fairly specific conditions to get working decently.

Quick Reply