Jan 03, 2008, 02:27 PM
Heh, it's really not a big deal hiking up from the bottom @ Poway. Even carying three planes. (Ok the pin board may be a bit of a PITA)

Consider it that excercise you said you were going to get in your new years resolution
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2008, 12:42 AM
Is it DS'able?
Thread OP
Speaking of hiking... does anybody know the best approach to double peak in San Marcos? I think it was quadshot who was telling me about it... you out there Chris?

I think it might work with all the south wind we're going to get the next couple of days... that is, if it's not raining to hard.

-James
Jan 05, 2008, 03:49 PM
Is it DS'able?
Thread OP

Question for quadshot...

Is this where you guys fly? I flew from the electrical boxes on the sidewalk in the right of the picture. My car is in the bottom left.

-James
Jan 05, 2008, 04:22 PM
James,

Freeeglide and Quadshot are familiar with this place. Here is what I know about it.
Jan 05, 2008, 08:00 PM
Terry Harner AREA-52
Been scouting that area too! Even went and toured the million dollar homes due west of there.
Jan 06, 2008, 12:54 PM
Wait a year and they'll be $800K.
Jan 07, 2008, 01:40 AM
Go Faster!!
Torrey could be really good in the morning! Anyone doing the dawn patrol??
Jan 07, 2008, 09:29 AM
Terry Harner AREA-52
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbus
Wait a year and they'll be $800K.
That will make it affordable..
Jan 07, 2008, 01:19 PM
Looks like Santa Ana's moving in this weekend. Looks like we will have to get to hunting for those east facing slopes.
Jan 07, 2008, 03:52 PM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
awesome, i just have to walk up the hi9ll by my house!
Jan 11, 2008, 09:17 PM
San Diego North County
Gentlemen,

Mark, Chis, Oran, Ray, Mike, Greg, Jim, Mike, etc.

Where are we flying this weekend?

Robert
Jan 11, 2008, 10:01 PM
Slope Stud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Robert
Gentlemen,

Mark, Chis, Oran, Ray, Mike, Greg, Jim, Mike, etc.

Where are we flying this weekend?

Robert

I'm in....Where??

Oranator
Jan 11, 2008, 10:08 PM
Gravity sucks
Saturday looks like light westerly winds at Dave's Beach. Sunday's prediction turns east, and is a little stronger, so maybe Hodges again? I'm building my BAE Hawk and doing some minor home repairs while my wife is away, but I can be persuaded! Let's caucus on the Group tomorrow morning.

Mike
Jan 11, 2008, 10:32 PM
Terry Harner AREA-52
Saturday looks like 12.5 more hours at work.....

But I tell you, I will be ready for some flying, fun, brews, hooters..flying.. and more fun soon enough!

I sure do wish we could find a way to get the locals at Poway to unlock the gate during the day. Or, find an alternate place to fly that does not come with the hike. Granted, I would hike it, but my flying buddy won't...hence the problem.

Does anyone have a link to anyone within the district offices that can look into the permits and legality of the locked gate?

Honestly, I fully support the gate, especially at night. During the day, you would think it wouldn't be such a big deal.
Jan 11, 2008, 10:53 PM
S.L.O.P.E.
if there isn't good wind somewhere then I'm hanging out in garage working on my "turbonator"....
Greg

Quick Reply