Dec 05, 2007, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleBrad
**** PAINT REACTION WARNING ****

I just brushed the latex blue over top of the dry wood glue for the drop tanks and had a reaction; the latex caused the glue to soften and crack. I think it will be fine after a light sanding and a second coat of latex...
Good to know. Looks like I'll be using Model Masters enamel over the wood glue.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2007, 09:39 PM
Thread OP
Midi fan on 2200kv Medusa motor.
5s 3700, 73.8A, 78oz T, 1262W
This is very doable if you can keep your thumb contained except for occasional high speed pass. Batteries are the concern. This is only slightly higher amp draw than my 1600kv Medusa on 8s pulling 72A at 2000 W and over 100oz T.

My best guess is that 6s would be around; 1900W and 96A. Brutal on most batteries.

If I get a break in the weather I want to get the Sabre up for some more video this week. Also want to get the paint on her. Then decals followed by getting rid of the large opening around the front gear.
Dec 10, 2007, 05:20 PM
Planes, need more planes
Hey Guys, Dumb question ut I am 1000 miles away from my home and my sabre kit. I have two 5s 5000 Vampro Platinum packs at home, one of those wouldn't fit in this bird would it? It sure would be nice to save a little scratch.
Thanks, Ed
Dec 10, 2007, 05:42 PM
115 inches of 'hog
I think one will fit. I can just fit my 6S 4900 evo pack towards the rear of the cockpit area. You'll have to be careful when installing the retract servo and tank, so you have enough room left for the battery to get the correct CG
Dec 10, 2007, 08:20 PM
Saw this in another thread.....might be worth taking a look at for this plane and will save a lot of room since no air tank is needed and no servos required at all...notta...none...zilch.
Complete retract system with functional oleos and wheels for $119 that requires NO servos to operate, no air tank, etc. Just plug the controller into the gear channel and power it through the rx or use a separate battery from 4v to 10v.

http://www.sonicelectric.com/Merchan...t_Code=DSR-46C
Dec 10, 2007, 08:59 PM
Hey Guys, We have Midi fans in stock. People have been ordering them with the Fly Fly F-86, Flyfly F-22, Mirage, and the T-bird models that we also supply.

Morris Ductedfans.com Got Fans? We do!
Dec 10, 2007, 09:23 PM
Thread OP
They had just a short bit of info on this when I bought the foam F14 from airpower about a year ago. They weren't ready at the time. Very cool. Thanks for posting. Look forward to somebody trying and showing.
Dec 10, 2007, 09:53 PM
Planes, need more planes
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahloq
Saw this in another thread.....might be worth taking a look at for this plane and will save a lot of room since no air tank is needed and no servos required at all...notta...none...zilch.
Complete retract system with functional oleos and wheels for $119 that requires NO servos to operate, no air tank, etc. Just plug the controller into the gear channel and power it through the rx or use a separate battery from 4v to 10v.

Oh Ho I feel another Purchase coming on! Did you see that video! Total scale operation.
Dec 10, 2007, 10:32 PM
Planes, need more planes
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahloq

Oh Oh I feel another Purchase coming on! Did you see that video! Total scale operation.
Crap! double post! Apologies.
Dec 10, 2007, 10:38 PM
Planes, need more planes
I f I choose to use my 5s 5000 pack, what motor could I use with an 80 ESC and still have 100 mph speed? Is that possible or do I have to get a larger ESC? They are certainly cheaper that big high performance lipos.
If you guys could please suggest a motor for me to use with my 5s lipo.
Thanks, and thanks for this thread.
Dec 10, 2007, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl rich
They had just a short bit of info on this when I bought the foam F14 from airpower about a year ago. They weren't ready at the time. Very cool. Thanks for posting. Look forward to somebody trying and showing.
I have a set on order. Will probably put it in the F-14 first. If it looks good enough to hold the F-86, I might get a 2nd set as it would be a lot less hassle, no air leaks, no servo linkages etc to worry about.
Dec 10, 2007, 11:47 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Wonder what the max weight of the model on those would be..

Jeff
www.CommonSenseRC.com
Dec 11, 2007, 12:48 AM
Those are the EPF retracts for the F-14. they should work well in other models. we are looking forward to receiving these soon.

Like the Fly Fly versions we really don't know the limits yet but not needing air is a plus. These are little smaller than the old Kraft versions.

--RW
Dec 11, 2007, 12:53 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
So they will have a set of these for the Fly Fly Sabre?
Dec 11, 2007, 02:20 AM
I ordered a set of the DSR retracts. Sonicelectric states they expect to receive them on the 21st of this month to ship out to customers. They are taking pre-orders if anyone is interested. EJF will probably get these at some point as well as Robert mentioned.
Since these DSR retracts are made by EPF and the F-86 is made by Fly Fly, there wont be a set of electric retracts made specifically for the F-86. You should be able to use the DSR ones for the F-14 in the F-86. The wingspans are close so they should hold the F-86 ok.

Quick Reply