Dec 17, 2002, 06:19 PM
Thread OP

AT-6 TEXAN ARF.25 by Global,anybody electrify this one???

Has anyone converted the AT-6 TEXAN ARF.25 by Global??
If so,how is it??
What are you using in the plane(motor,batt. pack,etc.)?
Is there room inside for the batt. pack ajustment for CG??
Is it worth converting to ELE.??
Any tips?
Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2002, 06:37 PM
Faster Faster!!
If memory serves me right this airplane basically the same as the House Of Balsa AT6.
I built 2 of the Glow powered versions many moons ago but do remember they were a lot of fun.
You must remember that this airplane will be considerably heavier than it would be had it been designed for electric.
Being already in ARF form it might be tough to scale down the weight of it.
If you're up to building one I'd recommend the House of Balsa version. They're a piece of cake to build. That way you could substitute for lighter wood on certain sections and eliminate areas that aren't needed.
As far as motors go.. I'd say go brushless with it.
I know that Genovia has converted the HOB P51. I believe that he used a Mega Motor in it but forget the size.

Bryan
Dec 17, 2002, 11:36 PM

I thought I remember reading abou tthis conversion before

Here's a thread on converting one:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...t=texan+global

In the thread, he points to his website about the conversion. The site given doesn't work anymore. But this site has a conversion on it - the same one, perhaps? (I think it's rcastab's new site, but I could be wrong.)

I corresponded with rcastab about this conversion last year and he indicated the plane was a bit of a handful since it does end up getting rather heavy (and thus has a high wing loading).

Mitch
Dec 18, 2002, 07:58 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the info. guys!
If anyone else has the AT-6 TEXAN ARF.25 by Global,lets hear your input on it.
Dec 18, 2002, 10:23 PM
**I know that Genovia has converted the HOB P51. I believe that he used a Mega Motor in it but forget the size.

Hi Bryan, Hello Mitch (I love your plane on the gallery section, Mitch)

Speedo,

This particular AT-6 is the same as the H.O.B kit design, the frustrating part is configuring the motor mount, but for AT-6, specially if you have a firewall, where it calls, using a motor mount, then your home free, you don't have to configure anything. Hobby lobby sells those 400/480 nylon type motor mount.

Taking Jim Best advice, the best motor, that you can use for this airplane, is Mega 7T DD. 8x4 prop. I'm interested how this plane goes together.

I don't have a picture, but to give you an idea, if you can see clearly how I did mine , here how mine looks like. look at pic. # 2, where the motor is protruding a little out from the it's cowl? (Sorry the only pic, I have)

Good luck,
genovia
genovia
Dec 18, 2002, 10:25 PM
oops, what happend? Here it goes again
Dec 18, 2002, 10:35 PM
Purple power
that doesn't look like a hob t6?
Dec 18, 2002, 10:42 PM
Hello Greg,

I was trying to explain the similarity of the firewall, and how a nylon mount can easly be installed, for "E"

Quote:
that doesn't look like a hob t6?
What about this ?
Dec 19, 2002, 03:03 PM

AT-6

AT-6
Dec 19, 2002, 05:52 PM
Thread OP
Great looking planes!!
Nice job!

I`m going to have to look into the HOB AT-6.
Whats the wing span of it?
I just like the fact that the AT-6 TEXAN by Global is a ARF with a 44" span, so less time to build.
If I went for the AT-6 TEXAN ARF by Global,I was thinking of using a MEGA 30/3 with 8-10 cells.

Quick Reply