Jul 08, 2008, 10:00 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
joe, what time do you think you'll be at the hill?

JOe
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2008, 10:04 PM
the problem with the media is they will take all of the sensational sound and film bytes, stuff it all into about 30 to 60 seconds with no time left over for all the effort put into making sure things are done safely, or about the years of practice it takes to get good enough to fly a glider at these speeds. . i ran into a guy here in town who was flying a park flier prop power jet looking planes on the beach early in the morning. long before people were around . well the media showed up one morning and started asking questions , a few days later a story shows up in the local paper with headlines.

"JETS ON THE BEACH"

talking about how fast they were going and how low to the ground, and on and on with not a word about how he was keeping it safe . much better to release a press memo or video , all ready to go with just the things you want them to know and if they run it ,it will be because it is free and they had to do no work for it.

gregore'
Jul 08, 2008, 10:42 PM
Sky Surfers
The Monster is a real "Beaut" Joe.

Best on the maiden,

Pete- D160 green with envy
Jul 08, 2008, 11:24 PM
Registered DSer
Love the final pics, Joe ..... A $50K plane painstakingly made of all the best exotic materials ... and a piece of blue painter's masking tape holding the tail-cone on! Classic!

Kahn
Jul 08, 2008, 11:25 PM
Slopeaholic
Best of luck to ya' Joe! I really appreciate all the extra work you did to document your build. It was educational, entertaining, and gosh darn spectacular all rolled into one.

Hope ya get some good blow tomorrow!

-hutch
Jul 08, 2008, 11:46 PM
2 Build or not 2 build???

we're not worthy

I realize that while I'm struggling through my first wing cutting and vacuum baging experiences there are those who are sooooooo far out ahead of MY experience.

Thanks for the education. It's been awesome watching your build from my "stealth" viewpoint. If I could muster the drive (and missing work) I'd love to head up and watch. Hope our SD stations pick up the media frenzie.

Good luck and go fast.
Jul 08, 2008, 11:52 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
In Memory

Jul 09, 2008, 12:09 AM
Score board: Rocks-2, Carbon-0
What plane is that? In the " In memory " picture at weldon.

Tony
Jul 09, 2008, 12:16 AM
Ninja of the Nasty
that was the first 160" Dynamic... foam core/bagged

JOe
Jul 09, 2008, 12:16 AM
Good luck Joe!

Wish I could be there.
Jul 09, 2008, 12:32 AM
Hi Joe,

RESPECT!

Good luck on the maiden!

Bob
Jul 09, 2008, 03:51 AM
AvB
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
This is exciting. Looking forward to waking up to read about it. Absolutely awesomely huge project - incomprehensible to some like me. Good on you, it's inspiring.
Jul 09, 2008, 05:25 AM
Tearing the Skies a new one...
A stunning work of art... I'm half way through my Wednesday as I type this And you Lads over the pond are most likely twitching in your sleep... .or maybe not able to sleep at all.

I'm wondering... do such smooooth planes scream at 400+ I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Good luck with the maiden!!
Jul 09, 2008, 09:58 AM
The Flying Kiwi
Its 3 am thurs here so I guess its happened already. Were all waiting round the world with baited breath Joe, for good news or bad.
Jul 09, 2008, 11:09 AM
Tearing the Skies a new one...
The edge of my seat is worn out now... *moves to floor and closer to screen*
Last edited by Sensiblenick; Jul 09, 2008 at 12:11 PM.

Quick Reply