Nov 26, 2007, 07:13 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Where to get servo type cable ?

Hi All

In the process of completing an ASW 28 - as usual I need to get some servo extensions. I would like to source a roll of servo type cable and redo the originals to the corrcet length - anyone know a suppier in the UK of such wire?

Thanks

Nick T
to remove ads between posts
Nov 26, 2007, 08:06 AM
Get some computer ribbon cable. Buy longer than you need, then strip to three wire pieces. Jot down your color sequence and go.
JT
Nov 26, 2007, 08:24 AM
TEAM GORGEOUS
Any good hobby shop should be able to order you some....... I get mine here:
http://www.servocity.com/html/servo_wire__bulk_.html
Nov 26, 2007, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick taylor
Hi All

In the process of completing an ASW 28 - as usual I need to get some servo extensions. I would like to source a roll of servo type cable and redo the originals to the corrcet length - anyone know a suppier in the UK of such wire?

Thanks

Nick T
I don't know about full rolls but I bought 5m rolls at Al's hobbies near London
Nov 26, 2007, 10:38 AM
AMA 112851
I get twisted cable for added RF safety.

Tom
Nov 26, 2007, 10:40 AM
Thread OP
Thanks guys - some very good leads!
Nov 26, 2007, 11:28 AM
VNE ? I bite my thumb at thee

try here first

http://ashtekelectronics.com/shop/

top quality cable, plugs, switches all at really keen prices.

I love the ashlok connectors too, they are my multi-connector of choice now.

Ell
Nov 26, 2007, 01:30 PM
Dittens
Stinkyfive: Would you know if the JR servo plugs from ashtek actually fit the recievers propperly? I always have problims finding new servo plugs male that fit the JR recievers properly! Any news.
Cheers Hugo
Nov 26, 2007, 02:15 PM
VNE ? I bite my thumb at thee

Yup

They sure do, I am Graupner/ JR now - used to be Futaba and the Ashtek stuff is fine - in fact it makes me wonder why I used Futaba plugs at all, the number of plugs I've had to shave to get to fit Schulze/ JR receivers....

Ashtek is an excellent company, very prompt and business like too with very realistic postage rates.

Ell.

PS. No I'm not on commission - just a happy customer.
Nov 27, 2007, 03:14 PM
Dittens
Thanks Ell. Hope we meet some time on the slope or the flat field

Cheers hugo

Quick Reply